Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hitting a horrible plateau

Hi everyone,

Help! I've hit a huge plateau in my weight loss! I workout 3-4 times a week doing cardio, weights and core training. I really thought this would help me jump start my weight loss again. Maybe I need to change up what I'm eating? I'm really stumped and not sure what to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I went through this a couple of months ago and I dropped my carbs down to hardly any and it took about 6 weeks and I dropped 10 lbs. Now I am on my last 20 to lose and I am having to change up my carbs all the time to get the last off too. As far as my surgeon is concern I am finished but I am still 170 lbs and want to lose at least 20 more.

Cheri

When was your last fill?

I'm in your situation.. I received a fill on 10/28/2010, doing those 5 days on liquid and puree foods I lost 6lbs when I was able to eat solid foods again, I have gained the 6lbs back and can't seem to loose kick them. I must admit on Thanksgiving I did eat sweets but I got right back on track been having yogurts for Breakfast with boiled eggs. I do hear sometimes you hit a plateau, but I might take Chei's suggestion on the thread and start cutting out all carbs for a while..it's very frustrating.. Maybe you should take that suggestion also..

my last fill was sometime in October. I did have quite a bit taken out during the summer because it was too tight and then slowly had small amounts added back. I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the amount I have in my band as of now. So maybe I really need to fine tune my diet even further.

When was your last fill?

I have been going through the same thing and have just started dropping weight again. I have lost 3 lbs this week, but wasn't able to work out for the past 4 days. I wonder if the change up in my routine caused me to lose??? I'm going to the gym tonight and getting back on my regular schedule. My doctor told me it takes about 4 months before you really start seeing the results from working out. Like you, I thought I would see the pounds drop off much more quickly. Hang in there, the workouts are worth it! I feel very good every time I work out. Good Luck!

Even though I had been exercising presurgery I am seeing size changes withouy necessarily loosing a lot of weight. I tried on a wool blazer that was did not fit at all a month ago and it is probably wearable now. Would look better if I lost a couple pounds/inches.

How many calories are you eating a day? Carbs? Protein? Maybe you're not eating enough, or maybe you need to exercise more (ie. 5 days week.) Switch things up.

In the end, plateaus happen. I was at the same weight for about a month but dropped a pant size. Now I'm back to losing 2-5lbs a week. Just wait it out if that's what it comes to. Hard? Extremely. But your body does/will take time to adjust.