Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are recently banded doing?

Just wanted to know how the recently banded have been doing? So far I have not had a whole lot of trouble with the gas. I have been sipping on broth and Protein Shakes. Still a little sore but it is slowly easing. Hope eveyone has a safe and merry Christmas. I know us newbies will be drinking our broth for Christmas dinner I just keep telling meself this is only one day and it will pass quickly.

A holiday hug to eveyone

Karla;-)

Hi,

I had my banding done on the dec 20th. I have been doing ok. Was hard Christmas but ok. I am going back to work tomorrow thank goodness/ I have had all this house i can stand. I have my protien shakes and Jello. I hope every one had a safe and Merry Christmas.

I had mine done on the 9th, I'm doing well. I feel totally normal again now, I lost almost 6kg during the liquids phase, started mushies last Thursday and since then my weight has not budged an ounce, although I guess to get through Christmas (we had 3 christmas dinners to go to ANd a birthday dinner) is pretty good going, I never would have managed that before.

I suspect my fast weight loss ride is over now though and it's going to settle down to slow and steady so its time to stop jumping on the scales everytime I happen to be in the bathroom.

I've had no trouble eating very well - I can manage about a cup at a time, no desire to snack between meals and I've been getting in fruit and veges and overall eating better than I have in a long time.

I hope your felling better ladysplenda. I will make sure I drink my Water that has been hard to remember. I am keeping myself busy and forget to drink my Water like I need too. Take care.

K

I had my lap band done on 12/5/05. I go for my first adjustment on 1/12/06. I'm concerned though because I don't have that "full" feeling like most describe to me. I feel like it's my normal tummy and I'm just on a major diet. Did anyone else feel like this? I had dry heaves 3 times in the hospital-ended up staying overnight because I was too sick to drink Water. I'm afraid the dry heaves caused the band to "pop loose" if this possible? Any thoughts? Suggestions? PLUS-I just realized my adjustment is being done at a surgery center-I hope my insurance covers this too?

post-205312-13813132614001_thumb.gif

post-205312-1381313261427_thumb.jpg

I had my surgery done on 11-15 and my first fill was two days ago. Before my 1st fill I too was feeling like I could eat anything without any ill affects. Since the fill it has been a different story. I can really feel the restriction. I think that your fill will really help your state of mind and your appetite! Good Luck!

GloryRain, the thing is, until you have a fill you have absolutely NO RESTRICTION. You may have had a little swelling from the surgery, and yes, the band is around your stomach, but it's about as tight as a hoola-hoop would be. Until they start filling it, it is just THERE. Once the swelling has gone down you could pretty much eat as you did before the surgery.

I had major restriction till week four.I feel like I can eat more just have not.I wish my fill date would get here.I do not want to start regular food without it. Surgery Dec 1st Fill----------------------------Jan 16th

I was banded on 12/01. I just started solids and I'm still adjusting to chewing a million times before I swallow. Tonight I ate a small wrap and ate too fast. I had pain and the sensation to burp. Eventually I had it come up like slime a couple of times and I feel fine now Other then worrying about possible damage I may have caused.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches