Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's for Breakfast?

Im seeing that lots of people are tight in the morning! Im on my first fill and feel no difference but watch what I eat. I have 1/4 cup of egg beaters with a thin slice of ham and tomatoes.

I cant eat nor drink in the morning. My first meal is normally at 11 or 12. Drinking is hard for me also too early in the morning, My dr. told me the mornings are the worst. I guess im just used to it now.

I have Chobani NonFat Greek yoghurt (one with fruit); add half scoop vanilla Protein Powder, 1 teaspoon Benefiber, and some splendra (non fat greek yoghurt is super sour); and approx. 10 g of Kashi Go Lean Crisp (has high Protein amounts). I mix the yoghurt and powders and then add in the Cereal. Good Protein levels with some crunch.

Good morning bandsters! What are you having for breakfast? I find this to be the most difficult meal of the day for me as I usually do not have much of an appetite early in the morning. Also, I am not a big fan of Protein powders and drinks. So, this morning, I am having left over chicken from last night. What about you?

I had a Protein Drink this morning (7:30am ish) and then a cup of tea around 10:30. From the hours of 12 to 3pm are my hungriest times of the day.

I had an EAS Protein Shake at 5:30 this morning, as my band is very tight in the a.m, and 2 hard boiled (deviled) eggs and 2 jimmy dean turkey sausage patties at noon.

I am on mushies, so I'm limited. I like to make an "omelette" in a cup. In a coffee cup, I put 2 tsp lite Philly veggie or chive/onion cream cheese. Micro for like 5 sec to soften. Add one egg and scramble up with a fork. Micro on half power for 1min, stir again, breaking down the big bits of cooked egg. Add in 1 slice finely chopped ham or centercut Oscar Mayor bacon, micro again on half power about 30sec. Stir and top with 1-2T lite cheddar cheese. This is very filling, keeps me satisfied for over 4hr. Depending on your ingredients, this should be at least 17-18g Protein.

I also love CoCo Wheats hot cereal. I make it with 1% milk, Splenda and a tsp of Hershey Special Dark cocoa powder. Again, very filling.

I also like Cream of Wheat made with Splenda, cinnamon and 1%milk. I use a lot of cinnamon!

Another favorite is Activia strawberry & Cereal yogurt cup.

I bought some 7 grain pancake mix that only needs Water or milk. I am going to try it with SF Syrup tonite. 2 pancakes will have 5g Protein, if I use milk, 225cals, and 4g Fiber. I know those aren't great numbers, but I'm dying for a pancake.

I had a fat free yogurt and now a liquid Protein drink!

Now I will drink lots of Water all the way to lunch time! I keep on under estimating the power of Water, and I am really trying to step it up! It curbs my hunger and keeps me on track!

Usually just coffee wtih flavored Creamer. If I get hungry before 11 though, I have a bowl of low sugar Quaker Instant oatmeal.

But this morning, I feel like you caught me. I just ate a brownie. WHY ARE THESE IN MY HOUSE? Going in the trash, right now!!

I'm also pretty tight in the morning which is both good and bad. Good that I'm not hungry, bad that Breakfast is my favorite tasting meal! Most every work day I start with a cup of coffee, Coffeemate and Sweet N Low or Splenda. If I get hungry mid-morning, I have some pretzels or a piece of cheese. My typical travel mug of coffee (2 regular cups) lasts me until 11 or so and honestly fills me like a Soup.

This morning is unusual because I'm telecommuting today (working from home). I did start to get a little hungry so I did what another user mentioned - an omelette cup. I made one each for my hubby and I. 2 eggs in a cup, a small piece of cheddar and colby cheeses and a couple spoonfuls of Jimmy Dean sausage crumbles. Heat and eat! Good Protein and as long as it's in moderation with the rest of your diet, it's a-ok.

Someone else on here posted the following link, so I can't take credit for it, but I sure use it! This site has lots of recipes for pretty healthy egg-mug recipes like Egg-Mug Florentine and a Greek one too - 4 different pages of recipes:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=2063

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1957

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1907

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1784