Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much fluid for your first fill...and how much do you have now?

Well, I just got my third fill yesterday and man-o-man, and I feel it today!

I really don't know how much I have in my band, he just does the drinking test!

I am on liqueds, and have to sip very slowely, as I am quite sure my tummy is swollen.

I will report back when in a couple of days, and let you know.:D

I got my first fill today after nearly 3 months and they put in 6mls.

Wow i'm jealous you got 4.5cc! I had 2cc put in on surgery day and 1st fill added 2cc. Total of 4cc in 10cc band, and need more! Able to eat everything!!

I was surpirsed when I went in for my first fill and she checked to see how much was in there (I thought it was empty) but she removed like 2.5cc then added I think 1 more cc to be at 3.5 total. I felt restriction right after but now, a few days later pretty much normal again. Hope I didnt "stretch" my pouch during Thanksgiving! Go back 12-22-10 and hope for more restriction.

I was banded on 09/02/10 and went home with an empty band for 6 weeks. On my 6th week my doc put in 3cc and it helped some, and then 4 weeks later he put 2cc in and now it feels more like he took out than put in. For some reason I now feel as if I can eat more than I could before the fill. Anyone ever had this experience? Hopefully in 2 weeks I get my 3rd fill and it will make all the difference. Isn't it funny, how it's different for everyone. That's what makes the world go 'round. LOL

at surgery dr put in 3cc and then 4-6 weeks later they added 2cc

then 4 weeks later 1/2cc. I was then to tight..............only could eat Soup and a lot of vomit and gurgling liquids...i had a heart transplant so i have to take lots of meds and I could feel the meds go down!!

he took out the 1/2cc i was good then 3 weeks later added bk 1/4cc

so now i got 5 1/4cc in a 11cc band and i think im good for now

go bk after Jan and see how im still doing!!

Tippi

1st fill only 2cc

I can't wait for another one...

I was banded 3/15 and had my first fill a month later at my checkup. They gave me 3.5cc, and two days later I had to have a complete unfill because I couldn't even swallow my saliva. 6 weeks later I went back in and had a second fill of 3 cc, which felt perfect and gave me restriction without having problems. Two months later, though, my band suddenly got too tight, and they took some out (leaving me at 2.8cc), which made me feel great. I went back in two months later to get a slight fill and the dr thought I might actually be overfilled (since I was vomiting), and took out some more, leaving me at 2.5cc. She said if I vomitied anymore, to get a fluoroscopy done, which I did 3 weeks after that, and they took more out, leaving me at 2.25cc.

So yeah, 8 months, two fills, five unfills, only at 2.25cc. I'm one of those "lucky" people who are incredibly sensitive to even the slightest fill.

I have had a 14 cc Allergan lap band since 4/15/10. There was no Fluid added at the time of surgery. I received my first fill on 5/26/10 and it was 6.5 cc. I am now at 10.8 cc and do have restriction.

We are almost at the same boat.My band is also 14cc and i had no Fluid added at the time of surgery.My first fill was much later because i was away for holidays.2 months after surgery doctor gave me 5 cc and 4 days later he gave me also another 2cc.I had really good restriction for a month.Now with my 3d fill (8.cc total) i think i will be in my sweet spot (or whatever that is..) for a long time.As long as i lose almost 2 pounds per week, i will stick to that gladly!

I have a 14cc Realize band. My first fill was 3cc, my second was 2 and after that they went up by 1.

My doctor only gives fills once every 6 weeks. I had 3cc's in the band after surgery and a week later had to get 2 removed. My first fill I got 4'ccs and than my second I got 2'cc for a total of 6cc. My third fill is tuesday Nov. 30th. I have very little restriction with 6'ccs right now. so I am hoping the next fill gets me better restriction

My doctor only gives fills once every 6 weeks. I had 3cc's in the band after surgery and a week later had to get 2 removed. My first fill I got 4'ccs and than my second I got 2'cc for a total of 6cc. My third fill is tuesday Nov. 30th. I have very little restriction with 6'ccs right now. so I am hoping the next fill gets me better restriction

I had my surgery on 8-24-10 with no fill at surgery. My first fill was 4cc six weeks later and I didn't feel any different. 2nd fill was 2cc six weeks after the first and I still fill no difference. I am able to still gulp Water and have not yet experienced any pbing, sliming or stuck episodes. I guess that won't happen until I get to my "sweet spot". I can't wait, hopefully my 3rd fill will be the one. My 3rd fill will be on 12-13-10.

Sara

I was operated on Nov 1st. no fill at the time of surgery. My first fill will be dec 16th and its expected to be 4cc. My surgeon thinks I will need more fills before feeling restricted. lets see. i hope the first one is atleast somewhat effective. At this time, i have ZERO restriction. its like i didnt even have surgery.

Surgery - empty band

1st fill - 2 ccs

2nd fill - 2 ccs

3rd fill - 1 cc

4th fill - 1 cc

5th fill - .5 cc

6th fill - .5 cc

7th fill - .5 cc

So that puts me at 7.5 ccs after 7 fills in my 10 cc band, and 10 months post op. Finally, I have what I would call restriction, and have jumped off my 3-month-long plateau! :D