Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery on the 17th..

Hey all,

I had my surgery last wednesday evening.

I am not sure how I am feeling at the moment... yesterday I had incredible backache and today I am so stiff after sleeping on my side. AHH I hoped it would not be this painfull, but I guess it could be worse.

Having the band is such a different experience than I thought it would be. I swear that I knew what I was expecting, but everything is different. I am not sure how little/much I should be eating? .. whether I am even hungry? .. or when I will be feeling better?..

I am feeling sorry for myself I think.. but hopefully these next couple of days will be better and I will feel happier about the decision that I made. I have read about many people that say that the first 3 or so days are the worst, so I am hoping that I am more positive tomorrow!

What you are feeling is perfectly normal. You should feel much better in a few days. Follow your doctors orders and you should be just fine. Congrats on your surgery!

I thought the same thing. Everything you are feeling is the way I felt. Hang in there girl! It does get better.

While I didn't have any real pain (other than a wicked sore throat) which was probably due to the Delauded PCA pump that I could get a jolt from every 10 minutes. (Take the pain meds!), the first 3 days were rather disorienting. Add pain and it would truly suck!

The one constant in peoples experience is that it does get better.

im 8 days post op and the first 4 were the worst! i couldnt tell if i was hungry, bloated, swollen or what! I envy the people who didnt have any gas pain because that was the worst pain of all. a heating pad does wonders.. good luck and hope you feel better soon!

I had my surgery on the 17th of Dec. 2008. You have sooo much to look forward to!!!! Don't let the little stuff get you down. You have no idea how your life is going to chage!!!! Breeze through the first month and don't get paranoid over every little ache and pain....it will all fade and you won't believe how great life can be!!!

I just had mine done Tues. I feel really good and didn't have hardley any pain, I walked alot so I haven't had the gas pains. But I do still feel a little hungry today, I have a little Soup and that's good for a while, then I made a smoothy and that held me for a long time. Everyone is different and just need to experament a little. Good luck:)

Thanks everyone for your messages. I am feeling a bit better today and hope that I am even better tomorrow!!

Good luck to you who also just had your surgery done!! :)

i just had my surgery on tuesday the 16th and today i'm feeling much better! sore throat was the worse and my stomach still hurts a little when i cough but other than that not too bad ... hang in there, the ride has just begun!! you'll be fine soon!!