Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be banded on December 15th. Are you hungry during the 1st 2 weeks? I am just wondering how am I going to survive the liquid diet.< /p>

My first week post-op was Clear Liquids and I was not hungry. It was very filling to just have a few sips at a time then gradually work my way to creamy liquids.< /p>

The first couple weeks there is swelling and healing going on and you most likely will not even be able to drink a whole Protein Shake. It is the weeks after that and before your first fill where the hunger comes in.

We all survived so you will too I hope! But, I was so full of gas for the first 2 weeks I didn't feel hunger! I know some people get hungry immediatly but not me. I think they put too much gas in me and too much got trapped!

I was hungry about the second week...but to be honest, it wasnt really that bad..everyone is different but if anything you may struggle the 2nd week a little but just follow the rules and its a drop in the bucket in comparison to the whole process...it goes really fast, even though you dont think so while your watching those fast food commercials on day 8..lol....keep busy too to keep your mind off food..you might be one of the lucky ones that dont have much hunger for a while!! I do remember begging for the mushie stage:) mashed potatoes never tasted so good!!

I am 5 days post op and have yet to feel hungry. I have a hard time even getting my Protein shakes and other fluids down. I still feel gassy and swollen so I imagine once that goes down I may start to feel hungry but I'm hoping by then I will be heading into the mushy phase. I was scared that I would have a hard time during this time but its not as bad as I imagined and I've been doing quite well.

Good Luck to you!

In the first 2 weeks you have to concerntrate on healing, so if you feel hungry, don't be too afraid to eat (mushies, or whatever you surgeon has told you to eat), but also don't overdo it.

I had a problem with mushies because my appetite wasn't supressed at all...It was bad because I actually didn't end up losing much weight until I had my first fill. I'm down 15 kilos now and I had my surgery less than 2 months ago.

So yeah. Chances are you will get hungry. Just remember to do what your surgeon says to do (this will help with paranoia too) and know that you will have to keep using your willpower even after the first 2 weeks - infact you'll probably have to use willpower for the rest of your life.

I was hungry about 3 days after surgery. Following the post-op diet wasn't real hard. I just knew I had to follow orders until my stomach was healed. I had no problems keeping down liquids or mushies or solid food when I got to that stage. Good luck on your journey! Keep us posted on how your doing.

I was'nt really "hungry" except perhaps the last day of each stage. The bigger issue was the borecom of my food options. Clear broth/stock is boring (let's face it). My last 2 days of clears I strained Soup and drank the liquid. My mother said she did'nt mind eating the solids but I kind of felt bad (I told her she could have her own regular soup but she refused to let me through the solids from mine away.) I was also so happy to move to full liquids, again I was bored with what I was eating. By the end of two weeks I def. had more of an appetite than I'd had originally.

I wasn't hungry until the week before my first fill but once I was filled I was good.

Thank you all for your response. December 15th'll be here before I know it.. and I am excited to become a new me.. Thanks..;)

I was not hungry at all during my 2 weeks of liquids. In fact, even seeing or smelling food did not make me hungry, and I continued to cook for my husband and son. I am now 4 weeks post op and just started getting hungry yesterday. I can't wait until November 30th to get my first fill.;)

I have been hungry since right after surgery. Whatever. It is a means to an end and I'll get there. I have even lost weight in the week after surgery. ;)

I have been hungry since right after surgery. Whatever. It is a means to an end and I'll get there. I have even lost weight in the week after surgery. ;)

I know I was hungry 3 days after surgery right up to my first fill at one month post op. I don't remember when it disappeared completely after that because for the last year I 'thought' I was constantly hungry. Then I had an unfill a couple weeks ago (for about a week) and learned what real hunger was. :blink:

I was hungry within about 3 days, but followed the rules, as hard as they were. :) pureed foods never tasted so good!!! ;)