Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I seriously could have slapped her

lmao this too funny!!! sorry had to laugh!!!

Funny that her co-worker is struck her, funny that I'm taking it so seriously, or funny macing the b*tch? It IS serious. Bullying in the workplace, even over something as trivial as a pretzel, is serious.

Seriously you guys.....IT'S FINE! I live in a very small town in the middle of no where, our office consists of 5 people total. We don't have such a thing as an HR department. If we did, I wouldn't go there anyway.

"She smacked my hand" (which I said) and "STRUCK" (which someone else used this word)are 2 totally different things. If she had hauled off and decked me, or backhanded me across the face I'd of hauled off and decked her back. If you've ever watched NCIS, it was like how Agent Gibbs gives his Agent Tony a brain duster up side the head....only this was my hand. I am NOT mad, nor HURT.

There will be NO supervisors involved, there will be no MACE, she would NEVER treat her clients like this and there is no work place bullying.

So well I appreciate you all looking out for my best interest--trust me I'm a big girl (no pun intended) and can take care of it myself. I have have fire and ice in my blood. I can ride 4-wheelers, be the hostess with the mostess, throw left hooks, and play softball with the boys, all the while making tater tot hotdish. And if I have an opinion, I'm very open to sharing it. I have buried a child, I am raising twin daughters, work full time and have 3 part time jobs.

Her little action to get some attention will not hinder my day in any way shape or form. I was just astonished by her reaction to me having a pretzel and thought I would share. I will NOT alter what I choose to eat, I will NOT change my life in any way shape or form to comply with HER beliefs.

Ok you are better than me....I would have had to read my bible and remember that I'm a Christian. Otherwise it would have been on LOL!!!

I would have had to read my bible and remember that I'm a Christian. Otherwise it would have been on LOL!!!

Thank you, I am now LMAO! @ work, luckily she's not around so I don't have to share what I'm laughing about :)

Mmm...That is weird.

I probably would've just laughed and taken it as a joke, if it it wasn't. I'm a bit of a push over in situations directed at me...Don't mess with my fiancee though because I would slap someone over that.

My new aqua aerobics teacher is a bit of a bitch. I've been doing aqua aerobics for ages but because I hadn't attended her class before (they're all pretty much the same) she thought it be a good idea to pick on me because I was the heaviest.

I had to explain to her that I'd been doing it for a while now and that I'd lost 13 kilos (this was a couple of weeks ago) doing it. Everyone congratulated me and she didn't mess with me again.

With the small amount of information you've given me, I'm just going to assume that she's a bit of an awkward weirdo...Because normal people just don't do weird stuff like that :)

I can't stand that....I have lost 85 lbs in 9 months. There will always be people that will rain on your parade. I went to a family birthday party and of course my cousin that is probably my size before surgery sees me eating some nachos...something I would really never eat, but they looked good and I said why not. So she tells me"You can eat that?" I said "Yes, in moderation you can eat anything" and she says "and you call that moderation" Yes peeps my eyes are bigger than my stomach, and I didn't finish the plate I served, but there was no need for that comment. Unlike her...I have already lost 85 lbs so that should show her that eating nachos that day was not going to be the death of me! I might have gained a lb from eating the rest of the words I wanted to tell her, but it was not worth it! I just say ignore...they are just jealous!

I can't stand that....I have lost 85 lbs in 9 months. There will always be people that will rain on your parade. I went to a family birthday party and of course my cousin that is probably my size before surgery sees me eating some nachos...something I would really never eat, but they looked good and I said why not. So she tells me"You can eat that?" I said "Yes, in moderation you can eat anything" and she says "and you call that moderation" Yes peeps my eyes are bigger than my stomach, and I didn't finish the plate I served, but there was no need for that comment. Unlike her...I have already lost 85 lbs so that should show her that eating nachos that day was not going to be the death of me! I might have gained a lb from eating the rest of the words I wanted to tell her, but it was not worth it! I just say ignore...they are just jealous!

Gah. I hate it when people who know NOTHING try to give you weightloss advice.

My friend who's lost all of her weight through liposuction tried to tell me to not eat mince meat the other day...I was so offended that someone who has had liposuction and it booked for another round gave ME advice on losing weight.

I work my damned ass off to lose weight! I exercise 10 hours a week and I watch what I eat...Just because I needed meat and at the time I couldn't eat it because it was too heavy for my fill, I chose mince meat and she said that it had a tonne of calories in it. I believe I had one bite, felt horribly guilty and then cried.

People are stupid. They think that if you eat foods like nachos or meat or anything that isn't lettuce that it's obvious that you eat it often and the band is doing ALL of the work for you.

Gah...The band does 1/4 of the work and you have to do the rest. If you wanna eat nachos like a normal person, which you are, then who the hell ahs the right to tell you to stop? No one. Especially someone who has no idea what the hell they're talking about.

Like we need someone to tell us what to eat. I agree with everyone's comments, plus I will add no one trying to lose weight needs anyone to point out to them what they should or should not eat. We all carry enough guilt around on our own and don't need the added pressure. I think I would have slapped her friend on not.. Oh but I think I would have waited for her after work and did it in the parking lot. :(

Seriously you guys.....IT'S FINE! I live in a very small town in the middle of no where, our office consists of 5 people total. We don't have such a thing as an HR department. If we did, I wouldn't go there anyway.

"She smacked my hand" (which I said) and "STRUCK" (which someone else used this word)are 2 totally different things. If she had hauled off and decked me, or backhanded me across the face I'd of hauled off and decked her back. If you've ever watched NCIS, it was like how Agent Gibbs gives his Agent Tony a brain duster up side the head....only this was my hand. I am NOT mad, nor HURT.

There will be NO supervisors involved, there will be no MACE, she would NEVER treat her clients like this and there is no work place bullying.

So well I appreciate you all looking out for my best interest--trust me I'm a big girl (no pun intended) and can take care of it myself. I have have fire and ice in my blood. I can ride 4-wheelers, be the hostess with the mostess, throw left hooks, and play softball with the boys, all the while making tater tot hotdish. And if I have an opinion, I'm very open to sharing it. I have buried a child, I am raising twin daughters, work full time and have 3 part time jobs.

Her little action to get some attention will not hinder my day in any way shape or form. I was just astonished by her reaction to me having a pretzel and thought I would share. I will NOT alter what I choose to eat, I will NOT change my life in any way shape or form to comply with HER beliefs.

I have twin boys! Aren't they precious? Sorry, I know...THAT'S what I get from that whole thing. =P

We all carry enough guilt around on our own and don't need the added pressure.

I hear ya...When someone does as much work as we do to get fit, THEN they can judge...Quietly and to themselves...

The funny thing is though I actually felt guilty from eating mince meat...I looked at how much work I'd done and then thought to myself, "you know what? Mince meat is something I HAVE to have because I can't eat very much Protein at the moment". I just needed to look at the logical side of things and trust myself and not make myself feel sick over guilt.

People like that are the ones that enforce unhealthy eating obsessions on other people. My mum does it (yet she riddles her house with junk food) and my stupid friends do it too.

It's annoying. But someday I'm going to be thinner than all of them and I can then slap the celery out of their hands.

this is the very reason that I am not telling my coworkers....food cops suck.

This is not rudeness. This is assault. This person has NO RIGHT to touch you, certainly not to strike you. :(

You need to report this to your human resources office. A verbal insult or rudeness could be handled with a word in private, but this is beyond that.

And then, if it happens again, mace her (in self-defense, of course) and call the police.

YES, YES, YES. Run don't want to your HR department. This needs to be addressed NOW. At the very least this is hostile working environment at the worst this is Assault. Your employer could be sued (by you) over this event. You don't even need to tell her that the behavior is wrong. Any reasonable person (IE jury) would know that no one has the right to hit another person. Period. Let us know what your HR department says. Take notes in your meeting with HR and then email them an overview of your conversatiion. You want a paper trail. I work in HR and this story is giving me fits!

People are odd creatures. I have a person at work that tries to bring me Cookies and ice cream. Finally the other day I said..." Either you really like me, or you are trying to fatten me up and sell me at market price".....Then I have a girl who is obsessed with what i eat, and yet she weighs over 300 lbs...Its so hilairous because it drives her crazy that i wont have all the junk food they bring to work.....

People are odd creatures. I have a person at work that tries to bring me Cookies and ice cream. Finally the other day I said..." Either you really like me, or you are trying to fatten me up and sell me at market price".....Then I have a girl who is obsessed with what i eat, and yet she weighs over 300 lbs...Its so hilairous because it drives her crazy that i wont have all the junk food they bring to work.....

:w00t:

She's trying to make you fail at your weight loss! Nah. Anyone who would do that sounds a little creepy to me...So either way, she sounds a bit creepy lol.

I've got a friend like that...Alwayssss tries to give me advice and I just think to myself, "if you know so much about it then go out and lose weight, it's not fricken easy"...At the end of the day we win, because we're losing weight and they're not...I hateeee it when someone who knows nothing about me, or what I'm doing tries to give me advice...Especially when they;'ve failed, or have lost weight with liposuction (yes, I know someone who's had liposuction and tries to give me advice).

I don't complain about weight loss in real life, so I'm wondering why the hell everyone thinks they have a right to tell me what to do.

:blushing:

My mother in law did that to me. We went out to eat a tea shop. When they dropped off the check, two pieces of mints were there. My mother in law grabbed mine and said I don't need that. I told my husband when he got home and we both had a good laugh.