Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finicky eater ... am I missing anything?

I am a finicky eater and am a week from band date. Today I went shopping for my post-band diet food and I really don't feel I have very much.

I got Tomato juice, cranberry-apple juice, gator aid, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup (protein), Unjury unflavored (protein), Unjury sample pack (protein). I also purchased canned chicken, tuna, SF Jello, SF chocolate pudding, cream of potato Soup, cream of chicken soup, fruit cups, and apple sauce which are for week 3 and 4.

I don't eat any type of cheese or yogurt ... so my only dairy product will be skim milk.

Per my doctor's instruction:

Immediately after the operation you can have an occasional sip of Water or suck on an ice cube. Don't drink more than this.

Day After Operation you can have a small amount, more often. Drinking too much will cause nausea and/or vomiting. Besides Water, you may choose skim milk or 100% juice.

Day 2 to 14 (first 2 weeks) liquids ONLY.

You cannot have it if you cannot drink it through a straw!

Examples include: Skim milk, broth, black coffee (with skim milk), sugar free Kool-Aid, yogurt drinks, Ensure Light (or other such meal replacements), 100% juice, sugar

free carnation instant Breakfast, plain tea, crystal light, sugar free popsicles, diet V8 juice, jello

Day 15 to 28 (second 2 weeks) Blended foods (soft solids - no chewing required).

Examples include: Sugar free pudding, applesauce, smoothies, baby food, soft boiled or scrambled eggs, ripe bananas, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat, liquid soup - low fat

That sounds okay to me. I didn't even buy that much. You are lucky, I was told no juice at all. I mean the majority of what you will be drinking will be with Protein in it. Good luck, sounds good and trust me, at first you aren't going to want to eat much of anything.

That sounds like my diet. I start soft foods today as i'm almost 4 weeks post-op. (salmon & steamed broccoli never seeped into my mind so much. Hope they agree! LOL) The only things i didn't have were the 100% juice and the baby food. I had a hard time getting the Protein in at first, but when i switched over to the mushie stage, i added in canned tuna & chicken & blended it with light mayo to mush. SOOO much better than baby meat! LOL I also made roast for the family the other night & blended that to mush with the gravy. Saved some to put on my mashed potatoes...YUM!

I did not care for the Injury at all & returned it for a refund. The Carnation Breakfast, sugar free were a life saver to get Protein in at first. Remember to count your calories & protein! :angry: I love the food journal & i even downloaded a widget for my phone so i can keep track during the day without dragging my journal around. I just transfer over in the evening at supper time.

Best of luck! :)

I would stay away from the juice. It is loaded with sugar, natural sugar but still sugar. Other than that, your menu seems fine to me.

I would really encourage you to get some Carnation Instant Breakfast and either kefir or drinkable yogurt, if you like them, to help with hunger during the liquid phase. And maybe some plain chicken broth too, just in case.

Also, for variety, you might want to try a chocolate or vanilla Protein shake if that sounds good. My favorite is Pure Protein (available at Trader Joe's, health food stores or online).

My personal opinion is that during the liquid and mushy stages, I didn't worry too much about sugar in juice or Instant Breakfast and I drank 1% or 2% milk. But a lot depends on how you feel. Some people have pain (I had none). Some people don't have any nausea at all (mine was terrible, but passed after several days). Take it easy. If you're feeling fine, then let nutrition be your guide.

Good luck to you and congratulations on starting this wonderful journey.