Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Humbug- Ungrateful giftgetters worst gifts ever

Poodles

This thread is too funny!!! I am no longer married, divorced now for over 15 years, but I remember the year my MIL gave me a picture of an owl for Christmas. Now I collect owls so one would think she was being thoughtful, I know I did at first. Until she told me that she actually found it in the trash pile in front of her house and she immediately thought of me. Think she was trying to tell me something? Good thing she went along with the ex after my divorce as she is his mother and he can have her.

Cindy

One year my MIL gave us a set of cups that when your poured hot liquid in them, the clothes disappeared. I got the male and dh the female, of course. They weren't even real pictures, they were bad cartoons. And it wasn't a gag gift. :straight

Well it's official, our annual gift box arrived yesterday. I should be able to add another "year" to my list in a few short days.

If you guys really want pics I will see if I can track down the gnome magnets. A few years ago my co-workers wanted to see the gnomes so I brought them in and had them stuck on my office cabinets. I'm not sure I ever moved them when I left that job, but ssurely I'll be able to find one or two around somehwere.

I can also add some pics of some of the more interesting birthday gifts I have received. We didn't even TOUCH birthday gifts on this thread!

Poodles: DH and I don't separate money. They give it to him, but it's wired directly into "our" account. They have actually bought me many nice things over the years, much to their dismay if they knew.

I got one for ya....

My sister (drunk, welfare bitch that I can't stand and leaches off of the family as an idiot portion of the family) gets a 3 night cruise for 2 people and her airfare roundtrip. I get.... $100 and some fuzzy socks. Yipee.

:) Well, my mother announced that we were NOT exchanging presents this year. OK, well she brought over a bunch of presents for my son, didn't wait for him to open them, just left. She smuggled in a small package for me--ooooh, can't wait to open it.....4 coupons for almost free latte's at a local drive thru coffee place.

I mean, if you aren't going to do it, dont do it.

And if you DO DO it, do it well, or at least with a tiny bit of thought.

I don't drink coffee. :D

My ex MIL wrapped up a gaudy ugly yellow flower pot that she had evidently picked up at a garage sale...how do I know it was a garage sale item...she never bothered to remove the 5 cent price tag stuck to the side. To be fair to her though...every once in awhile she did manage to give me a few nice gifts throughout the years of my marriage.

8th year (last year): DH gets $5000, a travel voucher from a travel agency where his parents live good for airfare and 7 days/7 nights in Greece, and several big bags of his favorite candies from his home country. I get... you guessed it... a gnome magnet.

don't tell me your in laws are Greeks! lol you couldn't have worst :)

i never got anything from my MIL (Greek) and im 8 years also married :D:)

at least you got some .. gnome magnets! haha :) :)

when ever i have the chance i tell her how happy im with MY husband

hehhehehe (is mine now bitch..)

Mil gifts, wish I could get one. my dh mother died a couple of years after we met I never got to know her. she was in a nursing home with dementia when I met her. So blessed be to all who still have theirs around, bad gifts and all. PS my dh never complains about what my parents get him..he better not..lol

I did not mean to pick on MIL's. Just happens that my worst gifts have been from her. She always gives my husband shirts that don't fit too.

This year was very good. I told her exactly what I wanted, and she gave it to me. She says that is the way to go... just ask first. So now she wants to know what I want for my birthday.

I am always thankful for the people in my life. I have lost both parents, so it is really hard around Christmas, but we have my hubbys family to see.

Did not get a bad gift this year. :) But there is always next year!

don't tell me your in laws are Greeks!
Nah, in-laws are Scandinavian, but my maternal grandfather was from Greece and they know it's somewhere I've always wanted to go - so they sent him a ticket. (BTW, the dates on the ticket they sent "just so happened" to overlap dates for a Caribbean cruise we were booked on).

Well - no gnome this year. I guess they got the hint. Instead I got these really horrible silver earrings that look a cross between incisors and a catepillar... like big bulbous, segmented teeth. And they're silver, which I don't do.

Wheetsin,

Everyone at my department is laughing over the gnomes and the YEARS of misgivings. We all agree. Save the damn earrings until next year, wrap them in the best wrapping paper (all pretty and stuff) and send them back to her. If she ever says anything, just say,"oh, I saw them and immediately thought of YOU!"

Yeah, ok - I lied. A "loose" package showed up this morning. Apparently they sent the main box and forgot to include some things so they sent a follow-up box that just arrived. Guess what? There's my gnome!