Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Richard Wilkenfeld - Office staff is TERRIBLE. Find another location.

Dr Wilkenfeld is alright, but his staff is the WORST! I had two appointments with Tina (pre-op and post-op) she was 1.5 hours late for the first one because they had to call her in and let her know she was seeing patients that day. She didn't show up at all for the 2nd appointment for the same reason and I had one of the office staff conduct my appointment. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

I paid cash for my procedure, but I also provided all my insurance information, as requested, FOUR times (3 times to Dr. W and once to the surgical center). I was assured that if they discovered and repaired a hernia, that my insurance may be billed for that particular procedure, but that I would not incur any additional charges. So why do I keep receiving invoices for $700 and $500 from the anesthesiologist and surgical center?? When I call Dr. Wilkenfeld's office, they just take messages for "Betty" who never returns my calls.

Choosing a surgeon is a big part of having this surgery, but the office staff is what makes a good doctor a great doctor and it's what we, as patients, will remember most. Get it fixed, Dr. W, or you will lose the confidence of your patients and potential new patients. I know I have already advised people against having the procedure at your location.

I hate to hear that you have had such a bad experience with Dr Wilkenfeld's office. He is my doctor and I have had an excellent experience with him and his office. Betty is usually very helpful and has helped me through some blood work issues with LOTS of calls back and forth! I hope your experience improves! Good luck!

Hey I hate that you had a bad experience with his staff but I thought his staff was very friendly Dr. Wilkenfield is a bit on the quiet side but so far I am happy with him as my sergon. I am 7 days post op and so far so good :)

I agree, I went to Dr. W. I didnt have trouble with the waiting however His wife that assists him chastizes you when you mess up a little...she doesnt seem to understand how difficult the process is..so I havent been back. Now im looking for another Dr. That will work with you instead of making you feel like you have been spanked every time you have an appointment..Does anyone know of another Dr. In the area?

Yes I agree, his staff definitely are not the brightest, with the exception of the older nurse who is banded herself. She is a total sweetheart! Great motivator!

The office staff have been very rude from the get go.. Such a shame cause he's an excellent surgeon. I'm going for my post op visit this week, and if the office women talk down on me as they have through out the process, I will express my concerns and ask for his recommendation on another Doctor cause I won't tolerate the b****iness any more! Just cause I am overweight doestnt mean I don't have a heart or feelings.

I am using Dr. Wilkenfeld also. I haven't had any problem so far with the office staff. They have been very helpful. They sent me to be checked for a hiatal hernia since my insurance wouldn't pay for lapband surgery. They have answered all my questions. You are right about the doctor though. He is pretty quiet, but he was very nice. I just hope my experience continues to be good after my surgery.

I am also using Dr.Wilkenfeld. I do not have anything negative to say about his office yet. I go for my first appointment in two days. I will update later :)

You won't have any problems until after your surgery, then you will stop receiving courteous treatment or help.