Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel kind of ashamed bringing this up here but I really need some advice. I was doing really well until last week (I was going to the gym staying on plan)

Now, I am straying into the land of foods I should not even be looking at, my motivation is nil...

I dont know how to get back to where I was...

Id appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Just set your mind straight and DO IT. This can and will be the best thing you have ever done, all you have to do is follow the program, write down every calorie you eat, set a target not to go over, if you do then have a lower amount of cals the next day, you just have to stick out the bad times and think of how healthy you will be in a few months time, maybe buy some a nice new outfit to fit into for Christmas day then hang it somewhere that you can see it everyday and keep telling yourself you will fit into it. I am a hopeless dieter and even though I am only 5 weeks in I am down 38lbs and already all my weight related illnesses have improved. The Lap band will change your life all you need to do is let it!!!!:thumbup:

Hey been there done that it's not worth beating yourself up over it. It looks like your only a month or so out if thats right you more than likely need a fill so you can start feeling restriction. It's hard when you're doing all of it on sheer will power. Call your Dr. soon.

I feel kind of ashamed bringing this up here but I really need some advice. I was doing really well until last week (I was going to the gym staying on plan)

Now, I am straying into the land of foods I should not even be looking at, my motivation is nil...

I dont know how to get back to where I was...

Id appreciate any feedback, thanks!

The bariatric practice I use stresses that there are no "bad foods", there are poor, better and good choices.

If you've made a few less than stellar food choices.. oh well. It's not the end of the world. You can get back on the weight loss wagon tonight. You don't have to wait till tomorrow.

If you live alone, get rid of the temptations.. down the disposal or into the trash. If you have to share your space with non bandsters.. it's a little harder, but still doable.

Can you designate a cabinet or area for the other people in the house to keep their things that you'd rather not see? You could even go as far as to put a lock & key on it and give them a key and not keep a copy for yourself.

Make yourself very small and attainable goals. Even as little as .5lb a week.. and when you reach that goal, give yourself a non-food reward. Manicure, pedicure, special book, bubblebath? As you get stronger, gradually increase your goals.

Look at this list of 100 reasons to lose 100 lbs, maybe some of them will speak to you. Copy & print it out and put it where you can see it daily. Better yet, make your own list.. it will speak to you more.

100 Reasons to Lose 100 Pounds

Baby steps. Almost everyone backslides a time or two. Just get back up and try again. Don't beat yourself up over eating things you feel like you shouldn't. If beating ourselves up worked, there'd be a lot of skinny bruised people walking around.

[Can you designate a cabinet or area for the other people in the house to keep their things that you'd rather not see? You could even go as far as to put a lock & key on it and give them a key and not keep a copy for yourself.

Make yourself very small and attainable goals. Even as little as .5lb a week.. and when you reach that goal, give yourself a non-food reward. Manicure, pedicure, special book, bubblebath? As you get stronger, gradually increase your goals.

These are some REALLY good ideas!!! I think I may do that as well. I have very active children and a husband with a metabolism worth killing him over, so they can eat the things that I can just look at and gain. Thanks for great ideas!!!

Thank you for the 100 reasons to lose 100 lbs. I had already started my own list - it was up to 36...I just borrowed some from this list that I hadn't thought about. That was awesome. Thanks again.

Wow - 100 reasons is awesome... I printed that one out, put it on Facebook and sent it to my boyfriend. I bet he will like the second reason.

I agree that there's no cause for shame. Eating is not a moral issue, really.

That said, eating well (and exercising) are not activities that require motivation. Think about all the things you do each day just because you have to. No one gets ecstatic about mowing the lawn or brushing their teeth. No one is especially motivated to clean the bathroom or litter box.

You do it--you just do it.

You can do the same thing with eating and exercise. You can choose to make eating poorly a non-option, and eating well a priority.

You won't always be motivated. And accepting this actually is a relief. You don't have to be fired up about it--you just have to do it.

The 100 reasons was fantastic. What so many people don't realize when they have never been fat or yo yo dieting their whole life like us is that unlike alcoholism, you can quit drinking and live. food is a necessity and we just have to learn to limit the amount, we cannot stay totally away from food and survive. This website is the greatest part of this journey for me. Thanks to everybody here.