Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is anyone noticeing your weight loss?

So i'm losing SLOWly...but i've lost 25lbs since August and almost two full pant sizes. Yesterday I went to a halloween party for my mommy group and I was so sad that not one mom noticed. I haven't seen them since right before surgery so I really hoping for a comment or two. But ...nothing :thumbup:

How long was it before people noticed your weight loss.

I mean it's only 25 lbs so i guess it makes sense :lol:

Maybe soon...

I had my surgery in January and have lost 70 pounds so far, and within the last few weeks I started to get comments about how I have lost. It feels so good when people notice what I have accomplished. Sadly my weightloss has stalled and am now at a plateau, but I am very proud of the weight loss I have and wouldn't change a thing. Don't worry people will start noticing, and maybe they already have but just hadn't said anything to you! :thumbup:

I am 1lb away from losing 50lbs and I can honestly say it took until about 35 to 40lbs for there to be a huge difference in my looks now everyone keeps telling me I should stay where I am at but I have 21lbs more to go.. I am going all the way. It has been kind of slow for me too I was banded in May but I did have 71lbs to lose so its not as much as most people but I am very happy where I am at right now. Don't worry people will notice just give it some time and the more you exercise the quicker the weight loss will be and you will start toning things up. I have gone from size 16 pants and about a 2x shirt to a size 10 pants I think maybe even smaller than that to a size medium shirt!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED

Depending on how big you are to start with .. 25 lbs doesnt look like much . I was 361 and I have lost 40 and i look pretty much the same. Just keep pushing and people will notice.

The first person to notice for me commented at about 20 pounds. I was at a fairly low starting BMI. Of all people, it was the UPS driver at work that I see once a week.

Are you still wearing the same clothes? I think that can play a part. Also, people just don't notice stuff like that in many instances. I have been guilty of it myself. But when I started wearing new clothes that are form fitting lost of people started commenting.

Or if these are people you see every day, the changes can be so gradual as to be not noticed. My hubby could never tell I was changing. Until one day, it just caught him by surprise, and he said, "wow! Look at you!"

Then there are the people who may notice but are afraid to comment--"are you losing weight?" "No, fat as ever." Akward silence....

Or, "Are you losing weight?" "Yes, going through Chemo."

I am 5foot 7 inches and started at 262 I had surgery may 25, 2010. People started noticing around 20 or so pounds. Now that I am down 78 pounds they keep telling me I can stop. I have 14 left to my doctors goal and 24 to my personal goal. Hang in there once the comments start coming you willb probably hear it everyday. It really helps with motivation. Awesome job so far!

Don't be offended if no one notices. 25 pounds is a lot and I promise you people do notice, but it's one of those touchy subjects that people will not bring up because they are being polite. No one wants to bring up weight with someone.It's one of those things that you don't want to do when someone is gaining weight either because you don't know if they are pregnant or not.

I walked into my Cardiologist office last Friday and I've lost about 16-18 pounds and she was amazed in just 4 weeks. But then again, she's my doctor and is allowed to say things like that.

I am sure you look great. When your pants are falling off you I am sure someone will comemnt!

Melissa

Nobody noticed I had lost any weight until I hit 35 pounds. Don't be discouraged. I'm still wearing my old clothes and using belts. I know that once I put something on that fits - my weight loss will be much more noticeable. Just keep on keepin' on. Those noticeable results are right around the corner. :thumbup:

I met two friends for lunch the other day (both guys). One of them knew about the surgery and has been super supportive. The other did not know and has not seen me since I was part of a lay off last year. I have lost about 75 pounds since I last saw him. Now this guy is 1) married, 2) in Human Resources; he did not even mention my weight loss! 75 Pounds! He had to have noticed! If was'nt until friend A mentioned I had lost weight since we last got together that friend B was willing to go there.

I started at 416 after a month I lost 31 pounds people at work notice a differences then but now that I have lost over 200 lbs people are always saying boy you look like a different person. It is nice to hear but in the end going from a 57 inch waist to now a 34 - 36 makes it all worth it for me.

Sometimes people don't notice, but I understand. I'm terrible about noticing these things on other people. Or even if I think I see something different, I figure it's none of my business.

I'm lucky, though. Every time I get naked to weigh myself, my husband says, "Hey there, skinny bones Jones." I love that man....

I didn't start getting questions until about the 50 pound mark.

More recently, my husband told me that the neighbor was asking him questions :thumbup: Good to see that even from across the street, people notice!

I get the compliments more frequently as people are very excited about my journey. They seem to notice more, perhaps because they are paying more attention to my progress now!

I am 5foot 7 inches and started at 262 I had surgery may 25, 2010. People started noticing around 20 or so pounds. Now that I am down 78 pounds they keep telling me I can stop. I have 14 left to my doctors goal and 24 to my personal goal. Hang in there once the comments start coming you willb probably hear it everyday. It really helps with motivation. Awesome job so far!

I've also heard that if I lose more I will look sick! I mean, come on peeps, I am at the high end of a normal BMI. My weight has been stable since April or so. I am sill hearing it, and people are still asking if I am losing more. Nope, been wearing this size clothes for nearly a year and a half. The last 5-10 pounds came off over a year.

I figure they are either looking for a conversations starter or perhaps my face is continuing to change. The looking sick comments - I figure that they are so used to seeing my face fat that now that it is normal they think it looks too thin. It did deflate like a balloon! :thumbup:

I've lost 46 pounds went into my old place of employment. and got THE LOOK from several people...you know the look they scan you from head to toe twice...mostly the women. Well the B*tchy ones. THAT FELT SOOOOOOOO GOOD! i did not care that they did not say anything i knew what they were thinking!

people started to comment around 30 lobs lost or so (when I started to buy new clothing). But then I think work and home are all in it for me. Just this morning the folks that I work with were letting me know just how great I am looking these days.:thumbup: