Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone workout with Wii?

Wonderng if anyone here has any success working out using a Wii. Do you have a favorite activity or game that gives you a good workout?

Dave

I plan to once we buy one this year. I have seen the WII fit in action and it is a really good program. Just FYI for the larger people, the balance board only goes up to 325 lbs. If you are larger than this I would hold off on the purchase til you are smaller just because you dont want it to sit and draw dust.

I've had the wii fit for a while and it's a BLAST to use. :thumbup:

I do, however, think that if you're looking for something that's going to give you a tough, steady workout, you might look at something a little more cardio-oriented. The strength training and yoga things on there are awesome, though!!!

EA Sports Active is a great workout. The new version 2 comes out next month.

I have Wii Fit and EA Active... out of the two EA Active has a nice mix of everything and a good amount of cardio. I use Wii Fit for more of a fun 'off day' work out.

I plan to once we buy one this year. I have seen the WII fit in action and it is a really good program. Just FYI for the larger people, the balance board only goes up to 325 lbs. If you are larger than this I would hold off on the purchase til you are smaller just because you dont want it to sit and draw dust.

Funny you say that LOL I bought mine last year, black friday. Only to bring it home, get on it, and have it say "OOF!" when I got on, and tell me I was too fat to use it. I thought it was a 300 limit, now that I'm lower than 325, I'll drag it out again. :rolleyes2:

Congrats on hitting the WII milestone lol. Yeah My parents in law had bought one and I had went over to see what I thought about it and jumped on and about cried lol. The 300 weight limit was for the Japanese release of the WII, for us bigger Americans they bumped up the weight limit. Think it also had to do with the conversion of kg/lb lol.

Also Just FYI for anyone looking for the Wii fit bundle, Target is doing a Black Friday deal of the Wii Fit board + Wii Fit Plus sofware for 67$. I will update if I see any other deals on it.

Target Black Friday Ad and Target.com Black Friday Deals for 2010 near the bottom of the page under Video Games