Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2011 Bandsters !!!

I think that Oxford Healthplans is the only ins that does not require a pre-op diet. The only thing is, is that my surgeon requires a 5% weighloss to help shrink the liver prior to surgery. I have 12 pounds to lose then I hope to be banded in December 2010. All of my labs, EKG & the all day seminar are done. My Psyc. eval, chest x-ray & EGD are being done in 3 weeks. I've been working really hard on my diet to get rid of the twelve pounds by November.... Good luck to all of you!!

I think that Oxford Healthplans is the only ins that does not require a pre-op diet. The only thing is, is that my surgeon requires a 5% weighloss to help shrink the liver prior to surgery. I have 12 pounds to lose then I hope to be banded in December 2010. All of my labs, EKG & the all day seminar are done. My Psyc. eval, chest x-ray & EGD are being done in 3 weeks. I've been working really hard on my diet to get rid of the twelve pounds by November.... Good luck to all of you!!

Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Alabama State Employees does not have the 6-month diet requirement. Yeh! I met with Dr T. of in Birmingham last week, will met with others this week. Hopefully insutrance approval will not take long. Generally it is done in two week. Hoping for late January surgery.

It will be a great 2011 for all of us!!!

my banding is this Monday Jan.3 I am so nervous I was fine up until now. Now I am so nervous I don't know what to do. But I need this, so I am going forward and I will be strong.

I am being banded on Jan. 27. I can't wait to hear how it goes for everyone. I am super excited and can't wait to get this party started!!

Happy New Year and good luck to everyone getting banded this coming week!!! :thumbup:

I was approved on Thursday! I'm hoping I will get my surgery date in the next few days. Good luck to everone! So glad I'm not in this alone!

Hi All, I am scheduled for January 12th for my Band. Excited and Nervous. I start my pre-Op diet tomorrow and Go back to work Monday after 11 days off. This should be fun.

I'm more nervous about the Pre-Op diet than I am about changing the way I eat for the rest of my life. Go Figure. So glad to have this site to read and chat with others in my boat.

Seminar: 9/21/10

Consult: 9/28/10

Denied: 11/5/10

Approved: 12/16/10

Pre-Op Diet: 1/2/10

Surgery: 1-12-10

Hey guys! Just wanted to check in and say hello to all the newly posted people!! I have 26 DAYS till my surgery!!! Holy heck.. it doesn't seem real!!

I hope you all had a fab New Years - I got STREP and was at the Care Now yesterday morning at 9! boooo. Feeling a little better now - which I better cause it's back to the GRIND tomorrow! YUCK! Hope you all have a happy Monday!:)

I am scheduled for surgery on Jan. 13th (I am going with the Lap Band). I started the Pre Diet today. So far not so bad, I was told that tomorrow, I am going to have the hunger pains and hunger headache. Has anyone started their pre op diet? Are you struggling to not want to cheat? I feel like all I do is think about food. I am trying to keep myself busy with other things but still thinking about food :o(

I started my Pre-Op diet today also. My surgery is the 12th. So far, so good. Let's see how it goes at work tomorrow. I'm using Bariatric Advantaqe chocolate Meal Replacement shakes and I'm going to buy some Lindora products tomorrow. What's everyone else using?

I am scheduled for surgery on Jan. 13th (I am going with the Lap Band). I started the Pre Diet today. So far not so bad, I was told that tomorrow, I am going to have the hunger pains and hunger headache. Has anyone started their pre op diet? Are you struggling to not want to cheat? I feel like all I do is think about food. I am trying to keep myself busy with other things but still thinking about food :o(

I'm on day 7 of the pre op diet (7 more days to go); first few days were awful for me...lots of cravings and head hunger. As of today I'm finding I don't want to eat and definately have not met my Proteins or calories for the day. I'm not hungry and the thing I'm craving (a burger) I can't have, so my brain is saying "what's the point"? On a happy note, I've lost about 5lbs already and it's my TOM to boot so who knows how much weight I'll lose when all is said and done. If you slip up don't beat yourself up, but don't throw in the towel, either. It's a big transition but I feel confident in saying it will all be worth it in the end. :)

Hi all. My surgery is scheduled for Jan 31st. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm trying to plan out my pre-op diet so I have it all in place before I have to start on the 12th. I look forward to going through this with you all.

so get this...................ugghhhhh!!!!!! so frustrated!

I only have a 3 month wait so I hurried and got all my appointments on the calendar within the first week after meeting the surgeon. The Pulmonologist was the one that told me that I had sleep apnea (18 apneas per hour) and would recommend the cpap - i said "let's wait till after the surgery to see if I've lost weight and if not then we'll get it.

My surgeon's office got the pulmonologists letter of clearance but it really wasn't clearing me - it was more or less protecting him because I had refused cpap - i get why he wrote it that way - i just wish he would have told me that he was going to

Soooo.................in November I went back to the sleep lab and did another study WITH the cpap and agreed to get it - they brought it to me on 12/14 and i've been using it MOST nights - i think i fell asleep about 4 nights without it. My boyfriend is at the COPD lab right this second getting the smart chip print out from the cpap so i could run it over to the pulmonologist so that they can get me ANOTHER appt this week but the doc is booked till jan 17th and my surgery is jan 18th!!! can you believe this?!?!?

Insurance doesn't really need this but the anastegiology dept does and they won't do the surgery unless they have clearance ---- the other kink i run into is - i might not have been on the cpap long enough ---

I did everything right and early and here we are in the final days running around and by the way - INSURANCE STILL HASN'T APPROVED IT because they cant submit the package to my ins co until after my last nutritionist class which is tomorrow night. (oh! and to top it off! I gained weight!)

Words of encouragement anyone?!?!? ! ! :(