Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2011 Bandsters !!!

Ok so just found out I will have to wait till jan to get banded cause they can't submit my claim untill after my phone call with my insurance on the 15th and I'm going on a trip the week after christmas so bdont want to be on any pre/post-op diet during so now it will be around jan 12ish.

Hi! I'm having surgery on 5 January. Going for a gastrostomy next week so fingers crossed that is ok. Would be great to keep with others at the same stage of this journey ......even if I'm a bit away from most of you in the UK.:)

Congratz for you I'll now looking at jan 13thish so we will be close in time. I'm in minnesota so not close to you but we can still talk. I am lucky I don't need to have a gastrostomy done I'm all done with all my apts. Just waiting for insurance stuff.

Hi all :frown:

Going for endoscopy tomorrow morning at Pennsylvania Hospital. Psych evaluate was last week and next week I have part one of a 2 part nuclear stress test. Need another sleep test on 11/22 and The cpap machine which thank god is 100% covered under my insurance. 2 more nutrition classes and and an echo and then I'm done (minus pre op testing/blood work)

In the middle of all this my ex is starting all sorts of crazy legal crap again so I have court The first week of December and I just feel so drained.

Wish I could make time fly cause the anxiety of court and a pending approval by aetna just have me wreck.

Sorry. Had to vent.

It is perfiictly ok to vent I so feel frusterated with having to wait too I'm all done with all my apts just have the typical pre-op physical and nutritional apt for the pre-op diet then I can meet with my surgion and get sceduled but I can't have my paper sent in for aproval untill nov 15th and then cause of family plans ill have to wait till jan to start the pre-op diet. Gerrrrr

I have my consultation 12/01 hoping to get t banded late Jan, not sure if that's possible

I am hoping to get banded in Jan or Feb. I still haven't toldmy mother that Iam going tohave the surgery. My husband and kids know but I don't think I am going to tell anyoneone elsenot yet anyway.

Approved for January 10th! Could have had it in December but wanted to wait for PTO to renew for 2011. Did six month diet, EKG, Pulmonary tests, and blood work. Have two days worth of nutritional classes and then go in for an EGD on 12.02.10 and thats it. Gotta love Tricare and my hospital.

Hope everyone is as :) excited as i am!

Can't wait tomorrow is my last phone call with my insurance dietitian and then my nurse at my center is going to submit all my paperwork to my insurance for aproval. Crossing fingers all goes well.

Last ins phone call over yay. Now my nurse will submit all my paperwork this afternoon yayayayay.

Last ins phone call over yay. Now my nurse will submit all my paperwork this afternoon yayayayay.

Congrats!! that's great - good luck - i hope you have a super fast answer!!!:thumbup:

I have a really big (very nerve racking) court appearance on 12/3 and I've been a mess - it's been ongoing for a year and I haven't been able to give my diet and/or exercise program much attention at all - My next nutrition appt is 12/7 and I leave for Jamaica on 12/8 for a week. I'm afraid that my weight is just gonna go up and up and I KNOW they do NOT want to see that. i've already gained about 15 pounds since the summer. it's not eating a "LOT" it's eating every single WRONG food :thumbup:

Sad to say ---

any advice on how I could do this over the next few weeks - I wanted to lose 10-15 before 12/7.

Hello to all!! I am a true newbie - this is my very first post! I just got approved by my insurance last Thursday. (Got my commerative tattoo on Friday). I was fortunate and got approved quickly and on the first try. I could of even had my surgery in December but I choose to wait until January for my job. My surgery date is January 28. I have had an endoscope, sleep studies (2), psych eval, attended my initial three classes, and just finished my 3 momth wait. I have learned a lot and am now excited and anxious as I wait for January.

;)

Edited by MOMW
forgot to proof read thoroughly

Hey everyone! Just went to my consultation with the surgeon today. Was told that I would have surgery on the 14th of December but now they are booked so have to wait until Jan 11. I'm fairly upset as I had already made arrangements at work and now I have to change everything. Just feel like this is going to draw more attention to myself. I don't want anyone at work to know - lots of physically fit people who would definitely stick their nose up at my decision. Ugggh.... I walked away feeling like the centre wasn't very professional and now I'm getting nervous about the surgery, especially listening to the surgeon tell me all the complications that could happen. ;) Still thinking of going through with it though. I keep thinking I should be able to do this on my own - but even if I did there is still the risk of gaining the weight back.

Well, my surgery date is Jan11. I'm super excited. I cant wait to be thinner and healthier. I am 20 years old and 100 lbs overweight...maybe 95 lbs. I have been working on getting my lap band since around may. I will be having my surgery done by Dr. Daniel Fang in Phoenix, Az. =)