Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quick Lunch / Where do you go?

Ok, so I walked out and forgot my lunch at home.

I am still in the soft foods phase - where do you go? I am perplexed. I am tired of Wendys Chili and there is not much else besides something with bread.< /p>

So far my Dr. has me not eating anything with bread, rice, Peanut Butter, Pasta or raw vegetables.

Help? If you had to run somewhere and grab something quick, where would go go?

Subway or D'Angelo's tuna or chicken salad scrape it out of the roll

I would have to disagree with the previous statement someone wrote... STAY AWAY FROM MUSCLE MILK.. high, high , high on calories, big time. My doc told me to treat that item like a drug, "Just Say No"!! Im on week #9 so I know were your concern is in your stage. I did do Protein Shakes. i recommend the following:

Protein Shake from costco (32 grams of pure protein)

YoPlait lowfat yogurt (the white containers)

I did Soups, not just broth, try vegetable.

Try Hormells Chilli with Turkey instead of ground beef.

Good job on your weight loss, impressive.

I think it should eat more vegetables and create a routine for you. Reduce meat and fat will help you a lot. I trained with it for a while and it was right.

what about a baked potato? I did mashed taters for a while when I was on soft foods.

Or you could go somewhere that serves Breakfast 24hrs a day and get soft scrambled egg.

I have also had pintos and cheese from taco bell.

KFC or Cracker Barrel green beans! Also mashed cauliflower (a healthier option than mashed taters).

I'm a sushi fan myself. I can always find something good on the sushi menu.

I was wondering about sushi. How do you tolerate the rice? I had envisioned my next sushi outing with me picking all the rice off.

I was wondering about sushi. How do you tolerate the rice? I had envisioned my next sushi outing with me picking all the rice off.

Personally I haven't had a problem with it. If I did I would get sashimi instead.

I am on my third fill and sushi is only a problem if it has the "seaweed" layer in it. I do not have any issues with the rice but I do have issues with the seaweed sheet that is in the layers

I don't usually eat out for lunch, just because I like to know what is in my food. But if I have to, I try to go to a place like Panera, Cosi or some other place that has salads or other healthy options and that ALSO has nutrition facts that I can look at. I don't eat meat, so there aren't a lot of options at a place like subway (I won't eat the tuna because it is just LOADED with mayo...its a little mayo and minimal tuna) but if you do eat chicken I think they have grilled chicken and things like that. Plus you can get the nutrition facts there and you can order your sandwich/salad the way you want it. If there is a whole foods near you, there is always good to-go options there that are relatively healthy.