Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am 11 days post op and I am so confused about everything!! I have read and read and read everything that has been given to me but for some reason, I am having a hard time with this 2nd post op week. Day 7, I finally felt the first initial hunger pain and it really has not subsided much since then. I have tried to stick with the all liquids but must confess that I have given in to some mashpotatos, scrabled eggs, grits and Soup. I try not to do it often but I have some how found I keep pushing the envelope. I really want to succeed with this and I am scared that I have already damaged a good outcome for myself from the "cheating" I have done. I am having a real hard time with getting enough Water in my day and I know that I need to up my protien. Could this be contributing to the hunger? I am just at a loss for words with myself right now. I have a meeting with my doctor tomorrow morning and I dont know should I share that I have had cheating episodes or just start freash and go from there. Has anyone else felt this way?:puke::crying::)

I am confused as to what stage of food you are on. All doctors have different stages. I had 5 days of each food stage. I was not very hungry the first month or so. Protein Shakes help alot, even now.....and I am 4 months out. The shakes that I buy are from costco, they have 30 grams of Protein. It helps for hunger pains. Are you keeping yourself busy? I would just let your doc know that you are starving and ask him what suggestions he may have for you. Good luck!!

Danielle B, you said you buy shakes from costco with 30 grams of Protein in them. Which ones are they I am really interested and would like to buy some. thanks!

I am not sure how this website works. I had band surgery 10/7/10. I also have celiac, so am trying to find options for oatmeal or cream of wheat-which I can't have. Made some egg-drop Soup, then drained it. Anyone else struggling with gluten-free options? I feel pretty good, have a headache and some cramps, but otherwise, feeling ok.

K

Thank you so much for the in put I am on stage 2 and going into stage 3. So I really think that I have not done any damage to the band ~ just to myself mentally!! After posting this, I decided to get out and go for a walk. I am going to be honest with my doctor tomorrow and hope he can give me some great advice. I am interested in the shakes you get from costco. I have been doing Atkins shakes and Boost but I have been supplementing with some whey protien shots ~ that have 26 grams in each tube but it would be better to have one option to get the protien in!!

Thank you so much for the in put I am on stage 2 and going into stage 3. So I really think that I have not done any damage to the band ~ just to myself mentally!! After posting this, I decided to get out and go for a walk. I am going to be honest with my doctor tomorrow and hope he can give me some great advice. I am interested in the shakes you get from costco. I have been doing Atkins shakes and Boost but I have been supplementing with some whey protien shots ~ that have 26 grams in each tube but it would be better to have one option to get the protien in!!

I was told not to use those Protein shots as they don't have the right kind of absorbable Protein that bariatric patients need.

You should check with your nutritionist.

Danielle B, you said you buy shakes from costco with 30 grams of Protein in them. Which ones are they I am really interested and would like to buy some. thanks!

They are called Premier. They only come in chocolate, but they are so good. I now have my mother drinking them. I think you get about 18 of them in a case, they are premade...for about $18 or so. I am not crazy about powder mix....reminds me too much of medifast shakes....but I enjoy these premade ones. I try to at least drink one a day, and I know I can get at least 30 grams of protein in with food....then I get my 60 gr of protein in everyday....good luck