Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Hear from Aussies !!!!!!!!!

Guest Nedim

Guest Nedim

Hello to all new comers to this thread. I had a well deserved few days off from computers. As being my proffesion I am usually on computers 12 hours a day. It has been two and a half weeks since my surgery and I am down 9 kilos and feeling great. The liquids for the first two weeks was not that easy as it gets pretty boring after sometime. Now I am on puree food its much better. I did not have a physical or a respiratory check before the exam just lots of blood tests and a barium test. I will be seeing my doctor end of january. I wish a hapy and a thinner new year for everyone and lots of good luck for everyone who will have the operation soon.

cheers

nedim

hi

i was banded early may at baulkham hills syd,have slowed down the last 2 months my husband is ill and have been eating too much choccy

sandra......

Hi fee

Dr nottle has put me on a waiting list for both Werribee and Williamstown hospital so which ever one comes up first..Did you have to go for a physical before you had the operation? I have to book my appointment to see one.. Not exactly sure what they are going to do, A heads up would be great :) Is it just to take my blood pressure ect?? Ive never had to have a physical before

hi there

ah ok kool i bet you will get into werribee first:)

Yes i saw the physician and all he did was take my blood pressure and made me have a sleep test. He asks questions about blood pressure and stuff like that and diabetes in the family etc. You will be in there for about 10 mins and also weighs you. I saw a dr Tran in williamstown and he was great:). The only other things that i had to do was was the blood test and see the dietician. The physician (Dr Tran) seemed to think thaT i might have sleep apnea cause i said im always tired and wanted me to go for a sleep study. So i went for a sleep study and all was ok.

Like Jachut said i to had already had alot of ops done and had no probs:confused:.

Hope this helps you a little:)

let me know how it all goes:)

Cheers Fee

Excellent thanks for all the info.. Im also going to see Dr.Hoan Tran :) My general GP gave me a blood test to take to Dr Nottle along with my refferal letter.. So I hope that one sticks lol :) Ive had my gallbladder taken out and was fine under the anestitic (mind my spelling)

Did you see the dietician at Dr Nottles office?

I have a Health care card as I only do part time work I havent been advised how much this will cost me.. Im not to sure if medicare covers the actual operation or not??

I know to see the dietician cost 80 dollars but am unsure of the actual operation so any information would be great

yes i saw the dietitian at peters office he was great he went through the whole operation with you. He was very informative. The visit costs $80 but you can only claim back if you have private health i think. I got back $40 from my health fund but nothing from medicare. It could be different with you cause you ahve a health care card.

If you are getting banded by the public system medicare will cover the whole operation:). Thats what he told me but i didnt want to wait that long as i have the insurance.

You will stay in hospital for one night maybe two, he gives you the choice if you want to go home or not , so i stayed for one night:)

You will be bulk billed by dr tran so your only out of pocket expense should be the dietitian. Check with peter just to make sure cause some info i have given could always be wrong.

Guest cosmum

hi everyone.

i received an email today reminding me about this site...i had even forgotten my password for a short while!!

i was banded in newcastle on 12th july 05. I had originally seen the surgeon to go thru the public system......BUT..i had an 18mth wait.

When i found an australian website and read that lots were getting loans....thats what we did...so from seeing him in march i was then banded in july. I was 135kg when i met the surgeon in march...and now am around 115kg.

I wasnt a sufferer of diabetes, high bp etc etc.......but my bmi was high. I just had the usual pre op blood tests done.

When i met the surgeon, i had a big folder of information that i had printed off the internet.....unfortunately most of that was from o/seas....but he was VERY impressed with the research i had done.

i look forward to reading a few more posts on here....

fiona

ps.......which other aussie sites do you girls use??

Guest selina

hi all :banana Selina in Queensland here,,:banana

banded sept 19th 2005 - lost about 10+ kilos so far -:cheeky have had 2 fills and 1 unfill so far -- little restriction at the moment, so looking forward to another small fill in January -- doctor Layani in QLD was my surgeon

so what do you all eat by way of daily diets now?? I have been lurking :notagree on the USA forum sites for support but would love to hear some brand names etc that we have here in aussie land!!

my daily diet is this -- Breakfast either 1 or 2 eggs fried or scrambled and lunch is cold meats - tuna or potato salad :kiss -- dinner is at the moment, beach bbq stuff - rissoles and salads, however my demons turn up at night and i wanna eat eat eat,,,,,,,,,,,,, :dead i really need to get a better diet plan happening -- also my Water intake is about 1200 ml a day -- i think it should be about 2 lts so i also need to work on this --- exercise is good, :squareeye doing 50 laps of the local pool about 4 - 5 times a week and beach walking each afternoon (moderatley ) also I am eagerly awaiting the new gym to open on Jan 14th so I can go there -

looking foreward to meeting you all

hi everyone.

i received an email today reminding me about this site...i had even forgotten my password for a short while!!

i was banded in newcastle on 12th july 05. I had originally seen the surgeon to go thru the public system......BUT..i had an 18mth wait.

When i found an australian website and read that lots were getting loans....thats what we did...so from seeing him in march i was then banded in july. I was 135kg when i met the surgeon in march...and now am around 115kg.

I wasnt a sufferer of diabetes, high bp etc etc.......but my bmi was high. I just had the usual pre op blood tests done.

When i met the surgeon, i had a big folder of information that i had printed off the internet.....unfortunately most of that was from o/seas....but he was VERY impressed with the research i had done.

i look forward to reading a few more posts on here....

fiona

ps.......which other aussie sites do you girls use??

Hi Fiona

i just welcomed you on another site from melb:)

i thought i recognised the name:)

hi all :banana Selina in Queensland here,,:banana

;-) banded sept 19th 2005 - lost about 10+ kilos so far -:cheeky have had 2 fills and 1 unfill so far -- little restriction at the moment, so looking forward to another small fill in January -- doctor Layani in QLD was my surgeon

so what do you all eat by way of daily diets now?? I have been lurking :notagree on the USA forum sites for support but would love to hear some brand names etc that we have here in aussie land!! :)

my daily diet is this -- Breakfast either 1 or 2 eggs fried or scrambled and lunch is cold meats - tuna or potato salad :kiss -- dinner is at the moment, beach bbq stuff - rissoles and salads, however my demons turn up at night and i wanna eat eat eat,,,,,,,,,,,,, :dead i really need to get a better diet plan happening -- also my Water intake is about 1200 ml a day :) -- i think it should be about 2 lts so i also need to work on this --- exercise is good, :squareeye doing 50 laps of the local pool about 4 - 5 times a week and beach walking each afternoon (moderatley ) also I am eagerly awaiting the new gym to open on Jan 14th so I can go there -;-)

looking foreward to meeting you all

Hi Selina and welcome:)

its good to see some more aussies on here:)

your diet sounds really good and your exercise is just fab:)

keep up the great work

my diet is as follows....brekky...2 boiled eggs

lunch.....meat and vegies or woteva is going at work.....lol....i work in childcare so i eat woteva they eat:rolleyes:

tea is .....meats and vegies, or Pasta

then i normally have a sanck afterwards...i know i shouldnt but i do....i have icecream:cross-eye

Hi Fiona

i just welcomed you on another site from melb:)

i thought i recognised the name:)

welcome to LBT!!!!!

you drive a long way, but its worth it in the end:) isnt it?

congrats on your weight loss

there are a few of us on here now:)

Hi Fee and everybody else hope you are all doing well..

I have not posted for a couple of weeks so I thought I would get on and see whats new..

I finally have an appointment with Dr Tran after being left on the phone for 45 minutes because the receptionist forgot about me LOL I see him on the 18th of this month and see the dietician on the 20th of this month..

My best friend went and got herself a referral yesterday and I am not to sure if she is getting the lapband also? Her surgery is called Biatric? Is that the same as a lapband? Or is it a different procedure all together? Any information on this would be great

Again I hope you are all doing well :)

hey good to hear back from you

good to hear that your seeing dr tran and the dietitian 2 days after that:)

i see peter on the 20th of jan:)

Bariatric surgery could be any type of weight loss which could include the lapband, stomach stapling, and theres another one but i have forgotten the name.

Hi fee, Hope your well B)

Yes things are moving along now, Im getting more excited lol. I have recently been told by a friend who had the lapband done just recently that she only had to wait 2 months on the waiting list :)

Me and my friend were both referred by the same dr but in my referal Im pretty sure it said that I wanted to undergo lapband surgery and her one said bariatric so I thought they were two different things lol..

When you had the surgery did you have a drainage tube? Just asking because I had one of them put in place when I had my gallbladder removed, And I am not to sure if they do that with all stomach surgery?

Hope everything is going well for you :)

only 2 months wow...

no i didnt have to have a drainage tube

i dont think anyone does this with the lapband

I am Susannah.:) I haven't been banded yet, but probably will. Am I allowed to actually post if I haven't had the op yet? Good work with all your progress towards your goals. :) Susannah