Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It feels so yucky being big!

Ok so I have been heavy my entire life. I am so sick of it. This country is based on everything skinny. One example is, how many times have you walked into a department store to get an outfit and discover that the clothes in the plus size department looks like table cloth patterns and looks so dull that not even an elderly person would wear it?(Not trying to be smart) I just hate it! That is one of the reasons I am just going to lose this weight with LapBand and start my life over again. I want to be able to look nice as well and feel confident. I have discovered that the same people who flaunt their figure in my face are the same ones who hate the thought of me wanting to do lapband. "Oh that is lazy, you are taking the easy way out, you are not even trying etc. I wonder how the skinny crowd would feel if they had slow metabolism and couldn't lose any freakin weight. I can almost guarantee that Lapband would be their choice eventually. Some people need to take a walk in our shoes and be big for a day. It's easy for someone to say you are not trying when they haven't tried to put themselves in our shoes.:unsure:

Edited by tryingtolose100
Rude Comments

That is one of the reasons I am just going to lose this weight with LAP-BAND® and start my life over again. I want to be able to look nice as well and feel confident.....from a big person that is now a small person...u should work on ur self confidence issues starting 2day...ur issues do not go away once u lose weight...they'll come back to haunt u in one form or another...i've gone thru this process...2morrow is my 2 year bandiversary...i went in this feeling the same way u did...not working out my issues b4 i lost my weight...what a mess...u will get lost in the high from ur loss and once that high goes away...ur u again...ur a person no matter how much u weight...work on thinking u look nice now...who cares what people say or think...not every1 thinks over weight people r horrible...thats what society has us conditioned to believe...i love my band and would do it all over again...but i wouldve worked on my self-esteem b4 my surgery if i could do it all over again...

and what about being over weight feels yucky????? what people say or think of u...who gives a flying shit...people say negative things to thin people too...if ur not having the band for health reasons or bcuz u desire to live a healthy lifestyle...and ur just having it to please society...sweetheart ur in for a rude awakening...society is never pleased...thin...fat...short...tall...bad skin...bald..etc...etc...if its not 4 u and ur health...ur waisting ur time...

God bless you on your journey. I was banded on Sept 13, 2010 I've lost 10 lbs so far, i will not lie it has been very hard, I miss food. I know it sounds bad but I feel like all this will be so worth it if and when I am thinner than the people who I feel try to be sympathetic but still eat their lasagne, fast food etc in front of me. Keep us posted on your progress, I have found this site to be very helpful and inspiring as I start this new way of life. good luck

I feel yucky because I am unhealthy. I have confidence and I know I am beautiful. I have the right to feel disgusted if I am not pleased about my weight. I have done a year of research on lapband for over a year. I am mentally prepared for what is to follow. I have confidence but I will finally feel complete when my extra weight is gone for I have battled with my weight my entire life and as I get older I am getter bigger and therefore I feel disgusted. I have a baby boy who I love dearly and I want to live for him, myself, my husband, and my family. I know what I am doing by choosing this route. I am not in for a rude awakening, I woke up when I realized I needed to lose the weight NOW.

No amount of research can prepare you for how you are going to feel afterwards. It changes your whole life, not just how much you weigh, if this was an easy thing to do there would not have to be support groups involved. Don't get me wrong I wish you all the best but please just know that it is going to be very very hard getting adjusted to this new way of life. I think that justrite is just being honest with you from the point of view of someone who has been down the long road and has experienced some of the negative things associated with this surgery. I take all of the things I read on this site to heart because these people have been there done that and their sharing their experiences with us is invaluable to getting better. Best wishes..keep us posted.

I personally know five people who I am close to that had lapband I know what they are going through. They are my friends and I know them on a personal level and I feel they are the only ones who know what I have been through. Justrite could have found a better way to choose her words, since she doesn't know me from a can of paint and made her comment off of assumption.

Well then if you know 5 people then you have knowledge of what you're in for, I pray that justrite's situation is worse case scenario I personally do not want to go through the "head/image/emotional" issues that she is going through but I do understand how it can happen and how things can get to that point. I had lost 100 lbs on my own a few years ago and people make such a fuss about how good you look and how beautiful you are and I was still fat at that point (240 lbs down from 379) but I got to feeling like I looked good and things hadn't really changed in my life so I got very depressed. Anyways I think that everyone on this site has good intentions and justrite is right :thumbdown: when she says we need to accept and love ourselves at any size. God sees the heart not the shell that surrounds it, but for our health this shell will send us to an early grave. Again I wish you success, keep us posted!