Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post op MISERABLE and I want out

Update: I went to see the doctor again and he ended up emptying my band. I have a 10 cc band and he took out 2 cc's. He informed me that the liquid that was in the band is from when they check the band before putting it in me. Let's hope this works! Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences. I wish you all the best of luck.

So glad for you :thumbup:BabyK...I know it will work! i actually felt pretty good today! The tightness knock on wood hasnt come back. ! keep us posted!

Good news. I hope that it gives you some relief soon.

did you not do your research?[

/QUOTE]

^^^^

I was so thinking this but didn't want to go there.

My goodness I must have touched a nerve!

hi,i am 13 days post op,i felt exactly the same a week ago,the pain was intense,the night i had the surgery i was crying non stop,it hurt bad,then the pain from the gas for 5-6 days,at 13 days i feel completely normal,sometimes when i lie on my side its slightly painful but not much,you will be ok,please hang in there,by this time next week you should feel a lot better,i wish you the best of luck.

I am so sorry you are feeling so miserable. I was uncomfortable for maybe a week, but it did subside. I did not have any Fluid in my band until my 6 week appointment (yesterday). I was a little uncomfortable yesterday, but am feeling great again today.

Try not to panic. You did this for a reason. You might be mentally making things worse and giving yourself panic attacks. Just think confidently that this discomfort will pass and you WILL be successful with the band.

I wish you the best of luck.

Hi Day 4-6 were horrible for me and now 2 weeks into it I feel great. Just hold on and be patient. The time will come.

Take care

Baby K... I did not read that you said you DO actually have Fluid in your band? And if you do it couldn't be much, do you know how much is in there?

Alot of dr.'s don't put any fluid in. but the ones that do usually put very little. PLEASE try to hang in there, i agree with the others, you have come so far! The band is awesome if you will just give yourself time to heal and adjust to having it in your body. Take into consideration, the meds that you were given in the hosp., along with the effects of anesthia, swelling, incision pain, gas pain...and the emotional side of it too. All of these things will subside within 2 weeks usually. You may experience a grieving process..life and eating as we knew it is over! We will never again we able to eat the junk we did before without suffering the effects from it. This was hard for me to accept at first, but then when the weight began to come off, it was very exciting.

It's a small price to pay, to get back your life and your health.

SLOW, SLOW, SLOW... that's the key... drink slow and eat slow..I have found that I am miserable if i take bites or drinks of anything close to each other. I MUST take a small bite lay down my fork, spoon or cup and wait until that bite goes thru the band..if not it will pile up on me and I will get sick everytime. These are good eating habits that we should all practice anyway and it is part of the behavior modification that is SOOO vital to Lapband success. Your doctor has told you that you are o.k. so hang in there, it will get better and you will be so excited when the lbs. start melting away.! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Hang In there. I had my surgery February 24 2010. I have lost 33 pounds, doesnt seem like a lot..but not a day goes by without 2 or 3 people telling me how wonderful I look. I feel AWESOME, I look AWESOME!!! The Band has been worth every little discomfort I might have felt. Dont know exactly what you are going thru bc everyone is different and looking back I dont remember being Unhappy but still Hang in there. It will be worth it!!!

I remember being in so much pain after my surgery, but because I had so much gas in my stomach, I thought my stomach was rejecting my band. I had nausea as well and sometimes I had the feeling of throwing up but it all passed after 2 weeks. Give it time, stay positive and think why you got the band in the first place. I just don't understand or see the point of filling the band at surgery? Thats insane, I really don't hear that in NYC.

Feel better!

My goodness I must have touched a nerve!

Snide, unsupportive remarks tend to do that. :thumbup:

Snide, unsupportive remarks tend to do that. :thumbup:

I don't know how I got quoted as saying that but I didn't.

I am bored with this subject already . I will never understand why people on the net want to tell others what to say and feel and get into "e" fights. Really, it's not that serious.

I was not being unsupportive in agreeing with the post of the person I guess you were trying to quote.

When you post a very negative thread to begin with not everyone is gonna come in and agree with you. I don't think the response was snide or unsupportive she was just expressing what a lot of people thought but did not post.

I was one of the fortunate ones that had no pain or discomfort after my surgery and I know I was blessed because of that. I did tons of research though before hand and I was prepared for a lot worse. So when I read OP's post I agreed with the comment of the poster. I just happen to feel that 1 week after having major surgery some pain and discomfort is to be expected . I put off my surgery for almost 3 years because of coming here and reading all of the not so good experiences.

I see from this thread though that there are many that did not have a good experience and the OP has a lot of sympathizers and persons telling her what she is experiencing is somewhat normal and I guess it is for some. However, it is not everyone's experience.

Take heart though I am being punished and the band that I was so happy with at first now has me in "bandster hell" and I'm not so happy but I don't feel like I want out and I don't want my band removed. I know what I am experiencing now is part of the journey for some. As badly as I wanted to wake up after the first month and be down 50 lbs. it's not happening for me.

I hope time and experience heals us all and makes our dreams come true.

Dee

I am so dissapointed. I hate my band. I am in so much pain and discomfort. I am to the point where I wish I could have it removed and pretend like none of this never happened. :thumbup:

Wow. I would hate to see you give birth to a baby. "I hate my child. I am in so much pain and discomfort down there...." Pain is temporarily. I was in a crap load of pain, but I honestly couldn't have lost 67 pounds by myself. You'll get better.

Did the doctor give you anything for nausea? I had Scopolamine Patches for before surgery and suppositories for afterward. Ask for some. They do help.

Wow! Where is the nastiness coming from? This poor woman is having issues and people feel the need to say something snide. Please think before commenting if you can't be supportive or at least pretend to be nice. Would you say the same crappy comment to someone who ended up in the hospital dehydrated or with other complications. Please explain then how ' doing your research' would have come into play.Guess those who feel the need to be mean have had everything go perfect and expect everyone else to be the same. Sheesh!

I agree that we need to lose the pettiness. I "did my research" but still ended up having Fluid taken out day 2 and day 6, back in hospital on day 6 for dehydration. As they say, s...t happens so we should be supportive of each other when it does. No amount of "doing research" can account for complications that arise. Each of us are different and react differently to the same surgery. Help, not hinder each other.