Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post op MISERABLE and I want out

I am so dissapointed. I hate my band. I am in so much pain and discomfort. I am to the point where I wish I could have it removed and pretend like none of this never happened. :unsure:

I am so sorry to hear this news :unsure: I wonder though if something isn't right. Did you call your doctor and talk about your discomfort? They should probably check you out. I don't think it's this normal to feel that much pain a week after. I would definitely have someone look at you. Hope you find a quick fix.

I am so dissapointed. I hate my band. I am in so much pain and discomfort. I am to the point where I wish I could have it removed and pretend like none of this never happened. :unsure:

Me too! I called the doc today and they are going to take some Fluid out... I am so hoping it helps!!!! everyone says the first 2 weeks are hell. I am hoping I dont regret it after that. Especially self pay!!!! :tongue2:

Did I read yesterday you went to the doc and they wouldnt take any Fluid out? Maybe you should demand it!

Feel free to message me privately anytime. I think we are in the same boat. I want cry and not leave my couch!

At one week out I was miserable too, I am two weeks out and I am starting to feel great.

Try and be patient with your healing, my surgeon said 4 weeks minimum for true healing time.

Hi Folks-

I have been having horrible nausea, seems the start of the day is fine, but by evening i'm so uncomfortable with the nausea. This morning I woke up feeling great, but the thought of drinking anything is so uncomfortable. I'm now about 2 hours in and have drank about 3/4 of a pre made Protein Shake. Not feeling bad, but not feeling great either. I'm going to try a walk now and see if that helps. Are you guys noticing that in the morning you feel any better? Also, I took some advil last night, I crunched up 2 tablets and I'm wondering if that might help my swelling. I'm only theorizing that it is the swelling that is causing me the uncomfortable feeling. Just thought I would share that. Thanks

RSL

Have you tried pepcid? I was feeling really boated at one week and my surgeon recommended me go back on my pepcid after day one, but I didn't. After one week I got a pill cutter, cut it in half, took twice daily and the bloating went away.

It could be acid indigestion or gas giving you that bloated feeling. I was sooooo bloated in my stomach! It was so uncomfortable at the time.

Hi Folks-

I have been having horrible nausea, seems the start of the day is fine, but by evening i'm so uncomfortable with the nausea. This morning I woke up feeling great, but the thought of drinking anything is so uncomfortable. I'm now about 2 hours in and have drank about 3/4 of a pre made Protein shake. Not feeling bad, but not feeling great either. I'm going to try a walk now and see if that helps. Are you guys noticing that in the morning you feel any better? Also, I took some advil last night, I crunched up 2 tablets and I'm wondering if that might help my swelling. I'm only theorizing that it is the swelling that is causing me the uncomfortable feeling. Just thought I would share that. Thanks

RSL

RSL,

I feel the exact same way! exactly! Yesterday all good until about 4pm. then had the horrible tightness, nausea, stuck feeling. I could barely go to sleep last night and then it gave me anxiety!

I called the doctor today and they said I might need to have some Fluid removed. But one poster yesterday told me if you are dehydrated it gets tighter. So i have managed to get down a tall latte and about 10oz of Water. About to try a shake.. Maybe if I stay hydrated it will be better. If not, I am having Fluid removed tomorrow!

I'm just wondering why you have Fluid in your band. Mine refuses to do it until the 4 week mark. I'm guessing that is why you are so miserable.

I'm just wondering why you have Fluid in your band. Mine refuses to do it until the 4 week mark. I'm guessing that is why you are so miserable.

Some doctors do it and some dont. My sister's didnt either. I dont know why?

Don't give up yet! You have came to far ....This is just a speed bump. I was banded on the 23rd and felt such horrible pain as you do. I was very swollen and the Dr. had to remove some Fluid from the band. Same day I ended up in the hospital for two days with severe dehydration & pain. The Dr was mad at me that I did not call him sooner. So please consult with your Dr. today. I feel much better today and hope you do soon.

Thanks everyone for all of the advice. I went to my doctor yesterday and he said I was fine and that the pain would subside. I also called twice throughout the day yesterday and the nurses said the same thing. I am going back today because I can not even drink anything without throwing up. I seriously want this band out. I wonder when and if they would take it out.

RSL,

I feel the exact same way! exactly! Yesterday all good until about 4pm. then had the horrible tightness, nausea, stuck feeling. I could barely go to sleep last night and then it gave me anxiety!

I called the doctor today and they said I might need to have some Fluid removed. But one poster yesterday told me if you are dehydrated it gets tighter. So i have managed to get down a tall latte and about 10oz of Water. About to try a shake.. Maybe if I stay hydrated it will be better. If not, I am having Fluid removed tomorrow!

Blessed-

I was hopeful that today would be better but I just had another bout of nausea. I actually feel better after the episode passes. It is almost like I'm too tight and that one extra sip of Water pushes me to a sever state of nausea. I called my doctor this morning and he said it isnt' too uncommon and to keep him posted. He said as long as I wasn't thirsty, I'm probably not dehydrating. Although he did recommend that I push the Gatorade. (yuk) Keep us posted on how you are doing. I'm so grateful for this board. I would be super frustrated if I didnt' ahve this for reassurment.

Take Care,

RSL:rolleyes:

Hang in there - take small sips of Water throughout the day constantly if you have to, in order to stay hydrated. The first few weeks were the hardest - I had the shoulder pain from the gas and it was miserable....but the key is lots of rest, walking as tolerated, and staying hydrated...drink your Protein so your body has what it needs to heal from surgery.

Hang in there - not everyone's body reacts to surgery exactly the same...so you may take a week or two in order to adjust to having the band....maybe you are more swollen...I would take your docs word for it that everything seems to be OK, though, and just take baby steps. My band was put in empty --- that is how our docs do it - I take it yours didn't? We didn't get anything in ours until 6 weeks post op - we were told to focus on healing the first 6 weeks...........

Thanks everyone for all of the advice. I went to my doctor yesterday and he said I was fine and that the pain would subside. I also called twice throughout the day yesterday and the nurses said the same thing. I am going back today because I can not even drink anything without throwing up. I seriously want this band out. I wonder when and if they would take it out.

did you not do your research?