Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was for dinner?

I had some home made red lentil Soup (YUMMY!!!!)... note I am 2 weeks post op!

Lentil Soup with Coriander and Tomatoes

1 T olive oil

2 medium brown onions, chopped finely

2 cloves garlic, crushed

¾ cup red lentils

2 – 400 gm tins of Tomato

2 liters (8 cups) chicken stock

1/3 cup finely chopped parsley

1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)

2 tsp turmeric

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp black pepper

Pinch cumin

Cook 1 ½ hours or until lentils are very tender.

Reserve 2 cups of soup. Blend the rest.

Serve sprinkled with cumin.

Tonight I am going to have baked chicken legs (on a rack so that they dont cook in its own fat) and green Beans.

Tuesday- Turkey meat loaf w/spinach and yams

Wednesday- Chef salad

Thursday - parmesan baked tilipia w/broccoli

Friday - Turkey burger w/ turkey bacon and avacado on whole wheat whole grain honey sandwich thins.

Saturday - chicken enchilada Soup (homemade not from a can)

Durning my first few weeks post op I watched the food network all day just to see some good looking food wishing I could eat and to get some ideas once I was able to eat again. I wish you all the best!

I think it's really cool that you have your whole week planned out! I always try to do that but never do. I went to BJ's last week and got some really good Proteins. They have a delicious Tilapia with lobster that comes in indivual servings that can be microwaved. And it tastes pretty good. I had that with some cauliflower and baby spinach and I was good to go! lol. Tonight I'm doing a honey hickory smoked salmon from BJs. Each one of those is less than 200 calories, low in carbs and low in sodium (which I have to watch out for) and more than 20g of Protein. I'm really loving BJs.

I think it's really cool that you have your whole week planned out! I always try to do that but never do. I went to BJ's last week and got some really good Proteins. They have a delicious Tilapia with lobster that comes in indivual servings that can be microwaved. And it tastes pretty good. I had that with some cauliflower and baby spinach and I was good to go! lol. Tonight I'm doing a honey hickory smoked salmon from BJs. Each one of those is less than 200 calories, low in carbs and low in sodium (which I have to watch out for) and more than 20g of Protein. I'm really loving BJs.

I am always hesitant to try the premade stuff, but I am glsd to hear someones review. My husband and I are both having surgery. I had mine a week ago and he is going this thursday. We r going to be at different stages for a bit and cooking for one is not easy. Greast addition to this page really helpful!

Thanks for the tip MissGypsy-- I've tried to grill and panfry before, and maybe bake? Always either over or undercook but I'm going to figure it out.

The only way I can stay on track is if I plan everything out that I eat or I will fall off the deep end. I try to do this every Sunday. I've never heard of BJ's, is that like Sam's or costco? The tilapia & lobster sounds really good. I would eat fish just about everyday but my husband isn't crazy about it so I can only have it like once a week. :unsure:

I'm sooooo hungry..... I guess I will go have a sip or two of my sucky broth now :unsure: LOL!!!

4 oz tilapia fillet brushed with teryaki marinade and baked.

Tonight I am going to have a little salmon on a bed of spinach in a white sauce.

Ummm Ummm Mmmmm :thumbdown:

I think I'll have spaghetti squash with some marinara sauce.

i make menu's up for 2 wks at a time. it's easier for me to shop and also much easier when you think hey what we are having for dinner. just go look at the menu on the fridge and there ya go. we don't always stick with it and might change up a day or two here and there but it's so much easier and when we do this we don't go off track. plus we just put ourselves on a budget so we can save for a vacation so it's kinda an incentive not to waste food and over spend.

Grilled Tilapia, brown rice, pinto Beans and sugar free banana cream pudding for dessert.

Favorite meal post surgery is chopped barbque (not shredded) baked Beans and cole slaw. Only on special days.

I had some home made red lentil Soup (YUMMY!!!!)... note I am 2 weeks post op!

Lentil Soup with Coriander and Tomatoes

1 T olive oil

2 medium brown onions' date=' chopped finely

2 cloves garlic, crushed

¾ cup red lentils

2 – 400 gm tins of Tomato

2 liters (8 cups) chicken stock

1/3 cup finely chopped parsley

1/3 cup chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)

2 tsp turmeric

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp black pepper

Pinch cumin

Cook 1 ½ hours or until lentils are very tender.

Reserve 2 cups of soup. Blend the rest.

Serve sprinkled with cumin.[/quote']

What is this soup considered, is it a carb or Protein?

4 oz tilapia fillet brushed with teryaki marinade and baked.

When you make tilipia that way does it stay moist? Maybe I am over cooking it lol

went to farmers market and got some fresh green Beans (which i boiled with ff chicken stick/reduced sodium/onion) and some sliced fresh tomatoes and cucumbers and 7 very small pieces of well done sirloin steak (which i dipped in ketchup (yep am southern) and have some cantaloupe in fridge for snack later on...ate perhaps 1/2 to 3/4 cup total

farmers market jas the best fresh veggies/fruit

I'm still on day 3 of post op so broth and Jello it is.