Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Hey Lisa.

I am in a L top and mostly in 12's on the bottom though I have a few bottoms that are 10.

That's awesome that you're in 18's. I found that 16 came pretty quickly on the heels of 18, but that 14 stuck around for a while.

Hi all, Moni here :)

It's been a while since I've posted so here is a summary... I was banded on Setp 20th 2010 and weighed in at 268 pounds. Today I weighed in at 193 with a 75 pound lose!!!

I have only 33 more pounds to hit my goal of 160. I think that anything more than that will be a bonus and that is how I plan to keep it. I am in a full size 14 and fitting into some 12s. My tops are still xl because I am a big chested girl so I think it will be a miracle if I can ever get into a L... I guess time will tell. :P

Besides that, I keep running my 1 mile daily and taking care of what goes in my mouth. I have 4.5cc in my 10.cc band and I go for a visit on the 24th to see if I get a small fill.. I think it will really help me out because I have been in a yo yo 190s for a while now.

I read and see that everyone is doing great, so keep it up.

Take Care,

Moni

wow moni, that is awesome, onderland, holy cow. funny I've been down on myself for only doing a mile, so I'm glad to hear that's what you are doing because I think of you as an inspiration.

Good News! My band slipped resolved itself!! I will get a fill on Monday and can't wait!! I hate feeling hungry... Have a great weekend everyone!

Well Lisa, thanks for the inspiration part!!! that just made my day. :D Continue running... most days I run a little more but my minimum is 1 mile.

Moni

wow moni, that is awesome, onderland, holy cow. funny I've been down on myself for only doing a mile, so I'm glad to hear that's what you are doing because I think of you as an inspiration.

That is wonderful news!!! CONGRATS

Moni

Good News! My band slipped resolved itself!! I will get a fill on Monday and can't wait!! I hate feeling hungry... Have a great weekend everyone!

Fantastic!!!

@ Chris: awesome glad that band slip is resolved. @Monica that is great that you're almost to goal. I'm about 30 to 35lbs from goal but I keep yo yo ing back and forth. Went on dessert binge and gained like 7lbs but I've been back on track for almost 2 weeks. Lost 4 of the 7 regained. I know if I buckle down and hit it hard I could lose little more. Band been tight this week but I'm pmsing and it's been hit so they think I'm dehydrating. I didn't know those 2 things can make band tighten.

@Lisa congrats to you as well. Before you know it te 18's will be 14's. I was a 22W and 2x shirt, size 9 shoe. Now size 10/12 misses and M/L in shirts 8 to 8 1/2 in shoes. I can even wear the larger juniors clothes

Ok fellow September bandsters...Have any of you tried the 5 day pouch test? I am stuck in a rut...I think a lot of it is because of my thyroidectomy in December, but I'm tired of being stuck and need something to get me back on track. I had 0.5cc removed the other day because I was vomiting every single thing I ate. Now I feel pretty good. I follow the rules for the most part, but since that surgery on my throat, I can't get through a meal without at least a sip or two of something to drink. I know I'm sabotaging my efforts, but food gets stuck in my throat (not in my band). I hope the swelling goes away soon, its enough to drive me insane. My thyroid meds are finally working so that's in my benefit finally also. I started out at 298 and now I weigh 260 so I've lost a total of 38lb, not where I wanted to be at this point, but better than nothing! After the cancer scare and losing my dad in February, I guess it's really pretty decent.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone had any tricks for getting back on track. To those of you who are so close to your goal CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are all a tremendous inspiration to me!!! Keep up the great work!

Chris that is so great!!! I always fear slipping, it's good to hear a good story about it.

Pooky, yes imagine losing that much weight before the surgery, it is great. I don't know what the 5 day pouch test is, you'll have to give a link or something. Maybe if you were too tight you weren't getting enough calories. If my calories, and protien is too low I stop losing and that's it, my body thinks it's holding on for dear life. a few sips at dinner shouldn't matter about weight loss. My idea of why not to do that- well except I am more likely to PB if I do. is that it washes the food through quicker and you feel hunger sooner. The big idea is to be able to eat the smaller portions and not feel starving before your next meal. I often have a snack in between- something with Protein like yogurt, Jerky, cheese stick. or something with Fiber like an apple. or if I'm feeling really crazy a sugar free fudge cicle. If you are following the rules does that mean your calories are like 900-1200 if you are real active some I've met do 1400. I know this level of tracking is a pain, use my fit day on line, it's easier. but anyway that can help you see what's going on. You won't have to do it forever, and you'll learn a lot. plus you can see your break down or carbs, Protein and fat. I can say that the standard breakdown that is like 40-50% Carbs, 25-35% protein, 20-30% fat. Under 2500 mg of sodium and over 25 grams of Fiber is not so good for me and I do not lose weight no matter what with this ratio. I find more luck when I strive for something like 50% protein, 25% fats, 25% complex only carbs daily - although I fall down on it a lot, especially the complex carbs only part. But I find if my protein is higher then my carbs the weight comes of more readily. But this is all individualized, you have other issues going on too with your thyroid. You can't know what you need to tweek unless you count for a little while. My fit day is free. Spark people is also got a free counter- and a free recipe calculator if you cook a lot. Are you taking good Vitamins. Do you feel really hungry between meals? Of course Water and exercise is important too. Hopefully if your band was too tight things will work better now. If you were pbing all the time it wasn't right for sure. It'll come, just takes some tweaking.

ok so I'm starting to feel hungry between meals. did you fill help you at all. I'm thinking about getting a fill. I"m at another plateau, I seem to do that every month. but I also have hunger which is new and annoying. but I still occasionally pb so I dont know.

Well, my weight loss at first was pretty regular/quick. Then it really slowed down, partly due to my Thyroid medicine, which we changed the dosage a few months ago. My weight will go up and down by a couple or three pounds before staying a lower weight and then starting the up and down bit again. I weigh every day. Monday was 159.0, Tuesday was 156.0 and today was 159.0. WTF?? Water weight? I'm trying not to get frustrated, because I've actually done pretty well overall.

I had another fill (I think I've only had three) a couple weeks ago and it was the hardest one to handle. I still have a problem with almost feeling hungry all the time. I've slipped a little, but am not tooo worried, because if I eat a snack, it's not like putting my calories way out of what I should be eating.

It is hard, wanting to eat and eat. I know I can't, because I got the band for a purpose and I'm not going to waste everything I've been through.

P.S. My starting weight was 215 lbs.

ok so I'm starting to feel hungry between meals. did you fill help you at all. I'm thinking about getting a fill. I"m at another plateau, I seem to do that every month. but I also have hunger which is new and annoying. but I still occasionally pb so I dont know.

Well, my weight loss at first was pretty regular/quick. Then it really slowed down, partly due to my Thyroid medicine, which we changed the dosage a few months ago. My weight will go up and down by a couple or three pounds before staying a lower weight and then starting the up and down bit again. I weigh every day. Monday was 159.0, Tuesday was 156.0 and today was 159.0. WTF?? Water weight? I'm trying not to get frustrated, because I've actually done pretty well overall.

I had another fill (I think I've only had three) a couple weeks ago and it was the hardest one to handle. I still have a problem with almost feeling hungry all the time. I've slipped a little, but am not tooo worried, because if I eat a snack, it's not like putting my calories way out of what I should be eating.

It is hard, wanting to eat and eat. I know I can't, because I got the band for a purpose and I'm not going to waste everything I've been through.

P.S. My starting weight was 215 lbs.

Lisa, I had my first fill since January this month because I was suddenly really hungry again. It has helped so far with the hunger.

I've done a slightly modified version of the 5 day pouch test (because I'm a vegetarian), and it really does work. The first 1 - 2 days are horrible, but it really isn't bad after that; and the benefits are great. If you're really struggling, I'd give it a try!

Hi all,

I found this link on YouTube... for the 5 day pouch test... I think I'm going to do it also...

Let me know how it goes for you guys...

Monica

I've done a slightly modified version of the 5 day pouch test (because I'm a vegetarian), and it really does work. The first 1 - 2 days are horrible, but it really isn't bad after that; and the benefits are great. If you're really struggling, I'd give it a try!