Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does it really make you feel full?

Does it really make you feel full with much less food?

Or is it more of a controlling tool so you just cant take in more food & so you lose weight?

You still be hungry, but your losing weight?

No it makes you feel full. I eat a cup of food and I feel full and can't eat anymore. I'm amazed at how well it works!

I can imagine at 1st being upset on how you cant finish that yummy plate of food....?

You wanna keep eating because its so tasty but you just cant or know better than to keep eating.

Or does that not really happen much?

I got my first fill last Thursday - today I could tell that feeling of being full and not wanting anything else...25 pounds in 40 days

It also helps using a smaller plate so you don't feel like your losing out!!!!!! The full feeling you get now is totally different then before, now its one more bite and that is it your over the edge and not that ahhhhh Im so full but feel like it was totally worth eating all that food. One more bite for me now is either pain, or sliming or vomiting!!! Totally different.

Yes Yes Yes, you actually feel full and are not hungry for hours! It is amazing.

I thought the band would prevent me from eating and make me sorry if I did eat. It is not like that. It actually has made me stop craving and thinking about food 24 hours a day. I eat, get full quickly and feel satisfied.

Sure, I have to choose the right things. I would never get full on ice cream as it melts and slides right through. But if I do what I was taught, eat Protein first, then veggies and fruit and if I have room last I have starches (I rarely have room) I do not need to overeat.

I love my band!

I can imagine at 1st being upset on how you cant finish that yummy plate of food....?

You wanna keep eating because its so tasty but you just cant or know better than to keep eating.

For me I don't miss the food at all. I'm actually glad that I can't eat it all. I don't feel ruled by food now like I did pre band. I really feel free from food completely:)

For me I don't miss the food at all. I'm actually glad that I can't eat it all. I don't feel ruled by food now like I did pre band. I really feel free from food completely:)

Well.... your still dependent on food to survive. :smile2:

For me the band helps me get full faster and stay full longer then before the band...I still miss food and dont know when or if I will get over that. One day at a time i guess is the way to go. One day at a time....

I feel full on a small amount and when I eat a lot of protien I really feel fulfilled. Limiting carbs has helped my need to lick the plate (and everyone elses) like I did before.

It happens! Once you begin to have restriction, you quickly learn that taking even one bite too many is very, very uncomfortable. You learn to listen to your body's cues---"full'' means something completely different when banded--and stop when satisfied, so that you don't cross over the line. Because crossing the line is not fun.

(You also learn to serve portions that are more aligned with your body's needs---so while you may be leaving a little behind, you're not leaving a ton. Except in restaurants---where even when you order just an appetizer or Soup, you'll end up taking a meal's worth home with you.)

The full feeling is DIFFERENT. I no longer feel full in my lower abdomen.. it's higher, upper abdomen/lower chest area.

And it's not so much of a full feeling, but a feeling of satisfaction.

It's an adjustment, but not that difficult to make, esp. if you go into this with a positive attitude. :smile2:

I still sometimes wish I could keep on eating.. yes, it's sometimes aggravating that things taste good, but I can't eat more. I just put the extra away for a later (3 to 5 hours) meal.

It also helps to measure out your food (3oz Protein, 1/2 cup low carb veggies) and that's ALL you put on your plate. I no longer serve family style..that leads to overeating too often. We fix plates and carry to the table. And use smaller plates.

You're asking good questions.. keep it up.

I have not had a fill yet and I am eating much smaller portions. There are times when I am not that hungry and there are times there are. While the weight has not dropped off of me, I have not exercised like I should be. I have lost inches and I'm getting into other fat jeans that I couldn't wear before. On getting full, I overate one time and it was extremely uncomfortable. I learned my lesson.

I no longer get that "full" feeling. I have only three modes now: (1) I'm kinda hungry (2) I'm not hungry (3) GET OUTA MY WAY I'M GONNA HURL!!!

You learn quickly what your limits are. Just always remember don't eat out of a standard sized plate. (the smaller the plate the better).If possible use smaller utinsils and chew like your life depended on in.

I'm 4 or 5 months out now and I really don't miss food. In fact, I have to remind myself to eat now. That is just plain weird for me.