Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coughing coughing

I had my 4th fill on 9/1, i went to 12 ccs from 10 ccs, now mind you I can never feel the "feeling" i am supposed to have when I do the fills, its very confusing. But I left there and was on my liquids for 2 weeks. I have lost 15 lbs from this fill and I figured I am at the real spot I should be. When I moved to solids I have thrown up a lot, figured this is my fault, eating too fast, too much etc. Well then last week I got sick, bad cough and aches; I assumed I had bronchitis. WELL now I notice its mostly at night and after I eat....and at night its for HOURS, I am exhausted. During the day though I feel fine besides the not eating still. I am assuming this means I have an overfill. I am trying to figure out if I should just stick it out and stay on liquids till the band loosens or just go get an unfill. I am miserable (mind you its 4am right now!) My husband thinks I should just gut it out, but he is still sleeping :bored:So the question is; is this in my head? Should I stick it out? What if I get an unfill and I was wrong? UGH I am so hating my band right now. :biggrin:

Wow that is a lot of fill.What size band do you have? Also 2 weeks on liquids after a fill is not what is normally expected.

I think that you are probably too tight and need an unfill.

You say you have never got the feeling that you are supposed to get after fills. May I ask what feeling it is that you are looking for? It may be your Quest for some feeling that does not exist that is leading you to be way tighter than you need to be.

I for one do not get any special feeling after a fill. I have to eat slower and chew better etc but that is it. there is also no magic full feeling. It is more a case of recognising when you have eaten enough(of the correct kind of foods) and then not getting hungry again for a couple of hours.

You will never feel full the way you did before you were banded. It is different. Generally there can be a fine line between having eaten enough and overdoing it and being uncomfortable. The signal to stop eating may need to come from your head rather than from your band.

Elcee -I have a 15cc band. So yeah its a large band.

My doctor makes me drink Water while hes doing the fill and has me tell him when it feels full, then he takes out and i have to feel this draining feeling i guess. I honestly feel kinda stupid when he does it, cause i look at him like UMM I think thats it. So I am not sure how I know if its enough during the fill. Hope that makes sense.

The coughing at night is a sure sign of being too tight.

You will be amazed at what a difference a .1 or .2 unfill will make. I think you should go get a very tiny unfill and enjoy that sweet spot you will be at for many months. I think you are so very close to your sweet spot .... just a tiny bit tighter than the spot.

Speaking as someone who was too full for months...sounds like you're too full.

I was getting stuck at least once (usually more) times a day despite taking tiny bites and chewing it to mush and then swallowing that bite in 2-3 swallows.

When I finally went in to the bariatric clinic, they said that's a sure sign of being too full. The always ask if I've been coughing so I think that's another although I haven't had that particular problem.

Call your doc.

I am calling the Doctor today, thanks everyone.