Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters!

I couldn't find any one place for everyone banded this month to be able to get together and talk and compare notes, so I thought I'd start a thread...

Since we're all starting the post-op journey together, we can REALLY encourage each other and help everyone in check. :smile2:

I am getting banded tomorrow, any advice???

I was also banded on the 13th! Feeling GREAT! Ready to start eating "soft foods" on SUNDAY!!!

Upset because I don't seem to be loosing much weight right now. I lost 17 pretty quickly, but now for the last 3-4 days I haven't lost anything...not saying that that isn't good....just trying to figure out why it has stopped suddenly.

How is your weight loss going?

Banded on the 20th.

:smile2:Hey everyone! I was banded on the 9th of September!! I am new to this blog/forum thing too...so I dont really know what I am doing! haha.

I started the "mushy" food stage today and it is going ok...feeling a little hungry so far, but I am pretty sure that is because I am not getting in my Protein. Anyone have any easy ideas on how to get all your needed protein in?!

One more thing....How do I get one of those ticker things that tracks your weight loss?

Banded Lady,

If you click on someone else's ticker it will take you to the website and let you make your own. Then you copy the code, come back to this website edit your signature in the profile section and paste it there. Then each time you post something it will be there. :smile2:

hey everyone :smile2: Nice to meet you guys :) I was banded on the 14th. Some days are harder than others with the liquid diet. I have a SUPER conservative Doc who has me on clears for another week, then full liquids for two weeks, and THEN I can start mushy foods. On top of the 2 weeks of clears I did pre-op. I'm pretty dang over them, but I have to say.... I'm liking having 30 pounds off already!

@hserra - the procedure isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had very little pain. The first night I needed some demerol, but I was up and walking the hall for 15-20 minutes at a time. I had so dreaded going under for anesthesia, that after it was done, I had this new spring in my step because it was over and I knew my new life was beginning.

I had alot of gas discomfort, so make sure you have some gas-x on hand.

Also, make sure you let your Jello melt in your mouth before you swallow it. The first gulp I swallowed was pretty uncomfortable, because I scarfed it.

It's a learning curve....but at least we're all learning together :mad:

I was banded on September 10th. One of my incisions got infected so I'm still dealing with being soar from that. :smile2:

I was banded on September 2nd!

I'm on day 10 of my liquid diet and I'll be banded on 9/28/2010.

liquid diet is worst part I think...

The liquid diet is the worst part I think..

Banded Lady,

If you click on someone else's ticker it will take you to the website and let you make your own. Then you copy the code, come back to this website edit your signature in the profile section and paste it there. Then each time you post something it will be there. :)

Thanks so much!! :biggrin:

I was banded on 9-21 so sore right now had no idea it would hurt this bad. I really wish i could get this gas pain to go away. I think i will know this is worth it when i see the weight loss. one of my incisions i think is real big will have to ask my doc about that.

I know this stage will pass and all will be well.

Mary:sad: