Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another band slippage

:):D

Sorry it has taken me so long to post, had trouble with my internet service, figures doesn't it.

I got my Christmas present early, all the good thoughts, prayers and wishes were heard and everything is fine with me!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooo excited and relieved, but you all understand that.

I had a really great doctor doing the upper GI, explained to him I was only to keep Clear liquids down, so only had to take one mouthfull of that awful barium stuff. Proof positive, he said the band is in a normal position and everything is clear, just a little too tight. That's also why he didn't have me drink more of the barium, he was afraid it would not stay down and he was probably right!!!!!

The tech was also a honey and actually showed me on the screen what they had seen, though he really wasn't suppose to, but he knew how concerned I was so he let me see for myself.

Went right over to the doctor's across the street and he confirmed after talking to the doctor in radiology that the band was in a normal position. He removed some of the fill, not all, but alot, from 1.65 to 1.5 but my goodness I needed it like you would not believe. I must be one of those people who swells after a fill and it doesn't go down, even after almost a week after liquids.< /p>

I asked him about where I was feeling it and he thinks that it may have slipped a tiny bit, but not anything to be concerned about. He said he wouldn't be surprised and that it would probably move right back into it's

old place over a short period of time. He will have me do another upper GI after the first of the year just to be on the safe side, but he really isn't concerned.

I am more than thrilled and so glad this horrible episode is finally over. The thought of another surgery or worse, losing my band was really breaking my heart.

Again, thank you all so very much for all of your wonderful words of encouragment and well wishes. This is the greatest place for me and I love coming here as much as I can.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!!!

Cindy

Cindy, that is WONDERFUL news!! :):D :D

It's such a relief to hear that even when things seem totally amiss, it can really be just a little irritation. Congratulations, and thanks so much for letting us know!!

Cindy, I just read all your posts, and I'm so happy for you! I know that terrible feeling of not even being able to drink the barium...yuk! Hope you continue to feel good.

Thanks once again to everyone here. Your support is invaluable to me, as is all of the wonderful advice. Even an 'old' banster can learn new things from time to time. You are all wonderful and very kind.

Happy Holidays

Cindy

That's great news. I think some of us are alot more sensitive to fills than others. It took about 10 days for my last fill to settle down. And that was only .2ccs. Thank goodness my fills are free the first year so I can get little adjustments.

Good luck and keep up the good work. Celeste