Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here. Friends?

I am five years out and sometimes I don't get the full feeling. Its normal. I just pretty much know how much and what I can eat. You will get the hang of it.

HI EVERYBODY!!

I was also banded on Dec 17th... and I been doing great I been on a clear liquid diet and im gonna be on it till this Sat the 25th. then I can move up to thick liquids.

I guess all doctors have different diets.. I wonder why?huh.gif

Well I do have a question

Nurses told me that I would have gas pains and that the shoulder pain is also related to the gas*weird* but ok. But I also get this sharp stabbing pain once in awhile on my left side they also said its due to gas build up. Has anyone else had this issue?

Ohhh and im getting hiccups but along (soo sorry if this sounds wrong)... along with the hiccups I sometimes need to burp and sometimes fart all at the same time...... hahahahahahaha and 1 more thing i'm getting like this confused feeling like cold feeling in my stomach and rumbling and kind of like hunger.... crazy how your stomach can do all that hahah

From what I hear, all of the odd gas pains and feelings are normal. I don't like the rumbling tummy feeling though. i got my band 12/20 and got to progress to full liquids yesterday, but everytime I eat/drink I have this awful ache gnawing feeling up under my ribs. I am not eating too much or too quickly that I know of. Is this normal?? Before I had my band put in, I hated that feeling of being so full you didn't want to move and I avoided it at all costs. I am worried that my new "full" is going to be similar to that.

Glad there is a 20s group on here...nice to have other people who are younger. My doc has a support group that he offers out of the office and I am 28 so definitely not the youngest on these boards but the youngest at the office for sure!

Cheers!

I have yet to get my band, but I know from being a nurse that the gas pains (even in the shoulder) are normal. When you are in surgery, they pump your abdomen with gas- to kind of fill it up like a balloon, so they have "room" for your surgery without actually opening you up, and you are also on the surgery table that is slightly angled with your feet/legs elevated, so that your blood can circulate easily while you are in surgery- which can cause the gas to build up in the upper portion of your body.

:)

When you are in surgery, they pump your abdomen with gas- to kind of fill it up like a balloon, so they have "room" for your surgery without actually opening you up,

:)

I didn't believe it when people told me that.. but that explains why I was sore right after surgery.rolleyes.gif

i just wanted to say hi. im 23. a girl. ive never let my weight get in my weigh(hehe) butttttttt its gotten to the point where there's no ignoring it. my only thing is my TERRIFIED of surgery in general, but im so ready.

Hi Everybody! My name is Jordyn and I am 20 years old. I was banded on April 1, 2010 at 325. I am now around 207 and struggling to get the last 50-60 pounds off! Has anyone else had the same problem when they get to this point or am I just weird? Glad to see some people who are much closer to my age with a band! It seems like no one at my dr's office is under 40.

Hi Im Jess,

Im 23yo from Hobart Aus, starting weight 249lb or 113.2kgs.

I have thought about Lapband since i was 21 and being almost 24 I want to eventually be a fit healthy mid twenties woman.

I know this isnt a quick fix but I am excited and terrified and anxious all at the same time.

I think the qualifications for the surgery must be different in australia as I didn't have to go to any counselling or wait months for approval, I went to my first consulation with my surgeon on the 21st of december after being referred by my doctor. I also have not been advised of any pre surgery diets or anything like that which worries me as everyone seems to be on one.

I am scheduled for surgery at 9am on the 24th of January and I see it as me reclaiming my life back :)

I was excited to find this forum as I am going to need as much support as I can :)

Good luck to you all and I hope to get to know you better as our journeys continue

Guest Andrea07

Hi! I just joined a few minutes ago My name is Andrea, I'm 22 years old and I've been looking into LapBand surgery for several months now, and hope to go in a direction toward having the surgery! I'm currently a senior in college, so the time frame isn't quite clear yet. I wanted to join this community to see and read about experiences with the procedure.

Hello all. I am 28 and just starting my journey on the ban. I have started going to the doc and was just wonder about how long after a ref does it take to get approved. I am scared but also so excited. I have over 200 pounds to loose and really want to get it off. I just got married June 2010 and would love to feel sexy for myself and my husband. Know that souds kind of stupid but its one of my reason for the choice. I also just want to be more healthy. anyway would be nice to make some friends that are doing this to!

HI EVERYBODY!!

I was also banded on Dec 17th... and I been doing great I been on a clear liquid diet and im gonna be on it till this Sat the 25th. then I can move up to thick liquids.

I guess all doctors have different diets.. I wonder why?huh.gif

Well I do have a question

Nurses told me that I would have gas pains and that the shoulder pain is also related to the gas*weird* but ok. But I also get this sharp stabbing pain once in awhile on my left side they also said its due to gas build up. Has anyone else had this issue?

Ohhh and im getting hiccups but along (soo sorry if this sounds wrong)... along with the hiccups I sometimes need to burp and sometimes fart all at the same time...... hahahahahahaha and 1 more thing i'm getting like this confused feeling like cold feeling in my stomach and rumbling and kind of like hunger.... crazy how your stomach can do all that hahah

hahaha! i feel exactly the same thing, my shoulders are hurting and i hiccup a lot. i thought it was abnormal.

although, my fingers are numbing for a week now. i wonder if anyone here has an explanation. it could not be my diabetes because the doctor told me to stop my meds until i'm allowed to eat solids. i have been banded for 2 weeks now. i am 27, by the way, and from the philippines.

nice to meet you all here.

I lost about 150lbs and I do have excess skin. At first it drove me crazy but now I don't really mind it. The only time it bothers me is when I'm in a bathing suit, but it's hard to feel comfortable in a bathing suit regardless! hahaha I thought about having surgery but it's so expensive and I've heard it's more painful than the surgery itself so I've decided to just live with the skin. Where you have excess skin will depend on where you carry your weight. I don't have too much extra skin on my stomach, most of it is on my legs and arms. Also I know there are a lot of people that don't have a problem with excess skin at all!

Hello Everyone! I am new and I have my consultation scheduled on 10/15, I already got my referral from my pcp, so I am still very much in the beginning stages. My question is for those of you that have lost over 100lbs, did any of you get alot of excess skin because I heard that the younger you are when you lose weight the less excess skin you'll have. I'm 24 and that has to be the thing that scares me the most other than the actual surgery because plastic surgery is a hell of alot of money..lol. Thanks!

Justin,

Congratulations on the great weight loss and keeping it off in 5 years! I hope to be one of those success stories soon!! :)