Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Hi all. I am scheduled for November 17th. I was originally scheduled for September, but ins. took longer to approve than we thought. I go tomorrow for my pre surgery class.

I start my liquid diet on the 1st. I am not looking forward to missing turkey, but will be so worth it. Good luck to all scheduled and those waiting.

I am 42 with a 2 year old son. I, like some of you, am worried about getting him into and out of crib. My mom is coming to stay for a week or so after surgery and hubby is super supportive. I just know how hard it is gonna be to keep my little man from climbing on me.

Hey Y'all, I haven't visited this thread in a while and wanted to check in Day #10 of the pre-op diet... doing well and this time next week I will be BANDED!! Good luck to everyone here!!!!!

Hi All!

I have hardly posted on here at all since I was so upset insurance was not going well.. but... TODAY I WAS APPROVED!!! I feel like it is a miracle. Aetna has been really horrible the past couple of years, but it seems that requirements have been clarified a bit finally.

I have 100 lbs to lose, and I'm being banded on Nov 9th! The day after I get back from two fun trips I'm taking- my biggest worry is that I will catch another cold! This year has been a virus-fest already.

I am so excited and so ready for this. I have to do a 10 day very strict protein-only diet, but don't have to lose a certain amount of weight (just the shrinking/toughening up the liver diet.) I'm nervous about the mental implications of the surgery most of all, and finding a better way to handle stress than food. I've appreciated so many of other people's posts on the board and will be filling out my profile more, and being more active on here, because I'm Getting The Freaking Band :thumbup:

well i started my preop diet on sat 10-23. it is going ok. so far so good. surgery is 11-8. more excited each day.

...But I am so used to eating on the go all the time (hence majority of my food being fast food), that I am not sure how I am going to do with having to make my own food to take with me to, like for example, work. I want to have a menu written down for at least the first 2 weeks of pureed foods stage, but I have no idea where or how to start. Any one else have this experience? I welcome any suggestions on how to deal with this.

I am a caterer...and also a home cook. I would suggest finding a few recipes that you think you would enjoy (ones that are healthy) and trying them out when you have a little time. You can break the recipe into portions and freeze it. Having pre-washed salad greens and veggies also helps -- it's available and ready for you. You also might want to buy a few home-style Soups (not canned, but in the prepared, refrigerated section of your supermarket) and have those available. Things like chicken vegetable are healthy and usually very low fat and low sodium (the canned stuff has lots of sodium).

Hope this helps. Getting away from fast food will definitely help!

Deb WS

Hi all, just wondering if anyone is finding the pre-op diet hard:unsure:. I have only been on it for four days now but i am only aloud to have opifast shakes, salad and vegetables, clear Soup, Jello. Its not that im full it that i am finding it hard to make meals interesting enough to want to eat them. Any suggestions would be great as i have nine more days on this pre-op diet then i go on 2 weeks of liquid diet after the op on the 5th November. Thanks

hi all, im booked in for 5th November 2010. I have started my two weeks of Optifast on Saturday. I am very excited but at the same time a little nervous. How is everyone going?

I have been on my pre-op diet, and prior to that a regime with a Protein Shake a day and much smaller portions for 2 weeks. In that three week slot I have lost over ten pounds, which is encouraging! My pre-op (Brigham and Womens Hospital, Boston) consists of up to four Protein Shakes a day (I usually take 2-3, depending on hunger level), non-caloric liquids, 2 fruits, and a very modest and low fat dinner.

The 'empty' feeling is very present sometimes, but I try to have something ready so that I don't get wildly hungry - which helps. I feel fortunate that I don't have to go on a complete fast prior to surgery...I am allowed to have an actual (though small) meal the night before the procedure, which amazed me!

Others?

Deb WS

:lol:@Dev-tee....I am so happy someone is being banded on nov 9th. I am so Happy for us all, this is a wonderful experience.

:thumbup:@Everyone this is day two of my liquid diet I guess it's getting even easier by the min seeing that I am already losing weight. I have lost 3lbs in one day this is so wonderful. So my advice to anyone who is on the liquid diet, it's so worth it to see the pounds drop off. Loving my new beginning!!! YAY for Us November Bandsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The liquid diet phase is amazing when you are able to follow through with it. To prepared for surgery I lost 10 lbs in 10 days on the liquid phase. What makes it livable is knowing that its short term and preparing you for the best choice may have ever made in your life.

Just updating my statistics:

weight.png

Hello to the November Bandsters. I got my call yesterday from my doctor. Pre-op tests and Anesthe. consultation Friday, Oct 29. Dr. Visit Nov 2(my birthday) and Surgery Nov 9. Started the two weeks liquid diet today. Doing ok, but worried about a week from now. Need all the support and encouragement I can get. I only lost a large amount of weight one time in my life (57 lbs) 17 years ago. Since then I've gone through so much, father passing away, mother passing away, and a child addicted to drugs. I have let food be my comfort and have gained 100 lbs in the last 17 years. Im ready for a change. Im scared too. Please say a prayer for me. Need all I can get.

Got my surgery date Nov 9. Dr. Visit Nov 2 (my b-day) Started the liquid 2 week diet today. That will be hard. Im 45. Live near Pittsburgh, PA. Need all the encouragement I can get. Very nervous that it will not work.

Hello, awhenry.

Start believing in yourself and the power you have to bring change. It is hard for all of us, but I believe that you, and I can do it, one step at a time!

Best,

Deb WS

congrats Devo on ure approval!!!

The dr called me today and the soonest I can go in for my last appt with the dr is nov 11th so that day i will get my surgery date...hoping for the end of november but realizing I may have to become a december bandster :thumbup:

My surgery is set for next Thursday, Nov. 4th. I've been on the Opti-Fast diet as directed by my doctor since last Wednesday and it's been a killer. I have managed to drop 13 lbs. since I started the process so that's been encouraging.

I'm ready to do this thing, but I am starting to get a little nervous about the procedure. In the end I feel it will be well worth it though. I want my active lifestyle back.