Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SICK of sweet milky protein drinks...HELP!!!

I am soooooo tired of drinking this sweet milky crap. Surely there's something out there that is high in Protein that doesn't taste like a milkshake? I am just over a week post-op and still have a whole week of liquids to go. Any suggestions?!?!

You can try the fruit flavored clear Isopure Protein Drinks. They have 40 grams of Protein, no carbs and are 160 calories. They come in glass bottles and can be found online and Vitamin or health stores, like GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.< /p>

im with you i sick of the taste. blah. i want to chew something. i am tired of drinking. i never thought u can miss chewing a piece of meat.< /p>

The thing that got me through it was the Unjury chicken Soup flavor. It tastes like a cup o soup, and is soooooo good after only eating sweet things.

oh I totally understand !! I'm a savoury fan but hate Soup so the 2 weeks post-op & 3 weeks pre-op sweet Protein drinks nearly killed me !!

I only use vanilla and add instant coffee... takes the sweetness away and gives a coffee kick!!

Rach.

I am soooooo tired of drinking this sweet milky crap. Surely there's something out there that is high in Protein that doesn't taste like a milkshake? I am just over a week post-op and still have a whole week of liquids to go. Any suggestions?!?!

I'm into Syntrax Nectar 23g protein, 90 calories, great flavors like fuzzy navel,lemonade stand,caribbean cooller. Contact company & tell them you are a bariatric patient& they will send you samples for $9.99. I'm 4!/2 months out from surgery& I still drink after fills & after exercising.

I did homemade veggie Soups with chickpeas, lentils or some other kind of bean added to them to up the Protein and then just blended them. Yummy and much better than more sweet stuff.

I drink 4Ever Fit Fruist Blast protirn isolate. It is the best. They have several flavors...( I alwasy drink toropical Mango). Its not thick...mixes easy in a Water bottle and the taste is good. Its low carb too...so not all the sugar you get in some protien drinks.

You can buy it at Vitimin World.......or order it online. High quality protien drink. I work out everyday, and I use it after my workout, but you could drink it anytime...

They have several flavors...

I hope you enjoy

I'm into Syntrax nectar 23g Protein, 90 calories, great flavors like fuzzy navel,lemonade stand,caribbean cooller. Contact company & tell them you are a bariatric patient& they will send you samples for $9.99. I'm 4!/2 months out from surgery& I still drink after fills & after exercising.

I also love the Syntrax Nectatr, only flavors I tried though are the strawberry and vanilla which I love. I bought the strawberry kiwi and did not like that one (SUPER happy Vitamin shoppe lets you return/exchange anything you buy). How do the other flavors taste with the Water? I want to find a good one that I don't have to mix with milk all the time.

Also what about unflavored Protein? I would love to find a unflavored one that I can throw unto some Soup or even my new favorite drink sugar free hot coco, without ruining the taste.

Syntrax Nectar, all different flavors. BUT.. use Powerade Zero or Crystal Light or something to ramp up the taste/flavor.. it's on the weak side IMO.

PURE unflavored whey Protein isolate from Bariatric Eating is great in a variety of savory things---great in broths and Soups, for example.

I did homemade Soups and things too, made sure they had meat, Beans or lentils in them, blended up and thinned down to whatever I could handle at the time.

I loathe Protein shakes, icky sicky sweet muck. I never drank a single one. You have to put in a bit of effort but it is perfectly possible to cook for yourself, from scratch, fresh foods and get enough Protein.< /p>

I've never seen unflavoured protein either in stores or online here, but I would definitely have tried that.

I did homemade Soups and things too, made sure they had meat, Beans or lentils in them, blended up and thinned down to whatever I could handle at the time.

I loathe Protein shakes, icky sicky sweet muck. I never drank a single one. You have to put in a bit of effort but it is perfectly possible to cook for yourself, from scratch, fresh foods and get enough Protein.< /p>

I've never seen unflavoured protein either in stores or online here, but I would definitely have tried that.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes unflavored .. www dot Unjury dot com.

I agree with you, I never did Protein drinks as a standard thing either. I do have a little bit premixed and some powder as a stand-by for "OMG I overslept" days, but when I was on liquids, I did soups too. I really liked campbells bean w bacon.

Edited by Melissannde
trying to fix url