Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 Bandsters!!

I will be banded this time tomorrow and its weird. Im not anxious in the least bit. In fact Im so relaxed, Im accusing my parents for slipping some Xanex in my Gatorade :thumbup:

I was exactly the same way... even being wheeled into the OR the nurses commented on how relaxed I was... now I do have a huge issue with needles an I have a shock reflex to sharp pain, including needles (I'm a fainter), so I requested my hand to be numbed before the IV... which meant another needle -- that one made me sick, the numbing wore off, but I didn't even fell the IV.

I can't even accuse my parents of xanexing my gatorade because I live alone. LOL. But I do think my pre-op relaxation is helping how I feel now that I'm post op... just pain at surgery site (and burping pain) but doing otherwise MUCH better than I anticipated.

Today is band day

I'll report in tomorrow with how it went :thumbup:

I was exactly the same way... even being wheeled into the OR the nurses commented on how relaxed I was... now I do have a huge issue with needles an I have a shock reflex to sharp pain, including needles (I'm a fainter), so I requested my hand to be numbed before the IV... which meant another needle -- that one made me sick, the numbing wore off, but I didn't even fell the IV.

I can't even accuse my parents of xanexing my gatorade because I live alone. LOL. But I do think my pre-op relaxation is helping how I feel now that I'm post op... just pain at surgery site (and burping pain) but doing otherwise MUCH better than I anticipated.

I have to be at the hospital at 10:30AM and surgery will be at Noon. Im still cool as a cucumber and not nervous. Ive been thinking more on how this is going to change my life than the actual surgery.

It ends up my parents didnt spike my drinks :thumbup: I live alone also, but Ive been staying by our beach house the last week prior to and a week after surgery. My dog is diabetic, so they are mostly watching him while I recoup.

Hi everyone! I am getting banded on the 25th. I start my pre surgery diet on the 15th. To be honest I am scared out of my mind. Any advice would be greatly appriciate. Good luck to all those being banded this month!

Good luck! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi all,

I'm joining in on the bandster bandwagon for October. My surgery is scheduled for October 15th. I'm currently on the pre-surgery diet (2 Protein Shakes + a light lunch). My only issues been that I'm PMS'ing this week and have been craving chocolate! UGH, I'm not even big on chocolate but crave it the days before my period.

Last night I had my sleep study test, seemed to go well, they told me I'll have my results in a few days.

My insurance is requiring an overnight stay for my surgery, probably for the best, but I've never stayed in a hospital.

Good luck to all of you being banded this week and can't wait to continue reading how you all are doing. :thumbup:

A big hug and thanks to everyone reporting in about the surgery. The unknown is always scarier than the reality. It sounds like you are all doing great and I can't wait until we're all racking up the number of lbs lost. Maybe we can chart how much we've lost together as we go.

5 more sleeps!!!:thumbup:

AHHH! I am so excited!! I got the call yesterday that my insurance approved my surgery and I will be banded on the 29th!!! I actually have my pretesting on Tuesday and I start my all liquid pre-diet on the 19th! I think this process is so exciting! I am literally counting down the days till the 29th!!:thumbup: So much for having a fun Halloween this year! hahaha OH well it will be WAY WORTH IT!!!!!

Hi all,

I'm joining in on the bandster bandwagon for October. My surgery is scheduled for October 15th. I'm currently on the pre-surgery diet (2 Protein Shakes + a light lunch). My only issues been that I'm PMS'ing this week and have been craving chocolate! UGH, I'm not even big on chocolate but crave it the days before my period.

Last night I had my sleep study test, seemed to go well, they told me I'll have my results in a few days.

My insurance is requiring an overnight stay for my surgery, probably for the best, but I've never stayed in a hospital.

Good luck to all of you being banded this week and can't wait to continue reading how you all are doing. :thumbup:

Can you get your Protein shakes in chocolate? I make mine with hot Water and it makes a great hot chocolate! It might help the cravings. Good luck.

Hi All!

I'm scheduled for next week! Very excited but a little nervous too. Anyone know anything about Dr Scott Ellison Overland Park?

Good luck, everyone! And congrats to all you newly banded!

It's post-op day 2 for me, and I'm still quite sore. I have not felt like having anything more than sips of apple juice, and my surgeon is okay with that.

My best friends right now are Gas X and liquid percocet. Being in bed is kind of uncomfortable, but walking around makes me tired.

Overall, though, I'm happy! I figure that a week or two of discomfort is well worth the long term benefits!

I have been really nervous my self. I'm not getting banded till the 27. I found videos of the both of my surgerys on YouTube. I am having AC joint in my shoulder fixed at the same time that I get banded. The vids are really cool. I recomend watching them if you can.

Good luck to all Oct bandsters this week. Will be thinking about you guys and waiting to here how you are doing.

Chris

Can you get your Protein shakes in chocolate? I make mine with hot Water and it makes a great hot chocolate! It might help the cravings. Good luck.

:thumbup:CHOCOLATE!!!!! :thumbup:

chocolate is very addictive! :thumbup: And I am addicted!! But just a taste makes me feel better, clears the cobwebs and things look brighter. LOL... I know now, that when I get home after surgery, there will be no television! All the food commercials! I never paid any attention to them before now. I do hope your cravings are soothed quickly. Pat

I am being banded on the 22nd! Just two weeks away and I am so excited!

Hi everyone. My surgery is scheduled for October 15. Thought I had diverticulitis, but had CT scan on monday, and everything looked okay. Blood work was normal too, Maybe its psychosomatic nervers....I've been working towards this since January, but never really thought the day would get here. Anyone else nervous?:thumbup: