Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Morning peoples!

My name is Nancy and I an just strarting my journey. I attended the seminar las week, got my first apt with the PCP tomorrow and dropping off my paperwork to Dr. Volinger on Wednesday. I am looking to go through the insurance process (Cigna) since wls and reconstructive surgery is covered. I am hoping to find new friends, share our stories and BAND (:)) together to help each other.

Hi Nancy

I am seeing my surgeon on Sept. 23 and I'm pretty sure I will have to follow a supervised diet for 6 months with Cigna also. I'm so excited about the band but the 6 month wait is a time to try on the small portions and Protein Shakes. I feel very motivated after seeing the nutritionist and doing my online research here. I'll check in after my appointment and look for your posts over the next few months. Hang in there and jump through all the hoops.

Hello, I too have just started my journey, and I now have 5 more months left of visits with my PCP. I have GHI insurance and I hope that after I complete all the prescreenings it wont take long to get an approval. I am so looking foward to getting banded in 2011. New Year, New Me!!!! :biggrin:

Good luck to us ALL! I have been on this board religiously since I have decieded this is what I am going to do. It really helps to see how the surgery effects the rest of your life. I watch what I eat now and almost morn it a little. I know going through this process during the holidays will be especially tough. I started with me PHP on the wl plan. I will see the surgeon this in September. So around Feb/March sometime all my ducks will be in a row.

Welcome and good luck (wow your name is long lol)

Hey all!

I too, am starting my journey. I've done so much online research, attended the seminar, first month of the 6 month supervised diet done and have my initial appointment with my surgeon tomorrow. I'm having a ton of anxiety for my appointment tomorrow as I'm extremely borderline with my BMI and hope I will even qualify. I've made my mind up that this is something I'm committed to and I'm praying it all works out. I've only told a few people about this decision so I'm thankful for having you all here. Good luck to everyone!

I jumped on the scale today. Really? Down 4 pounds since I saw the nutritionist and PCP. I'm good at losing but have trouble keeping off. I hope I don't lose too much and drop my BMI and can't have surgery. I know you guys get my messed up thinking. I'm so motivated to get the LAP-BAND® so I have a fall back plan on the diet days that I forget I'm dieting. PBing and slimeing will be a good deterrent. I'm a little nervous about my psych eval. I'm not crazy but I'm not sure I want anyone exploring my head either. Anyone finished with pysch? How did it go? What do they do? Yummy can of tuna for lunch. Getting my Protein in.

Congrats on the weight loss; any loss is a win in the bigger picture. :biggrin::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I saw my PHP today and she asked me why wanted the surgery. I told her I could lose some even all the weight BUT I need a life long tool. THe best part about the band is you will always have something inside of you to help when your brain won't.

I completed my psych on 7/31, and it was quite painless, not what i was expecting at all. He asked me some questions about why I had chosen to do the lap band, etc., and then it was over. He said that the doctors want to know that you undersatnd the procedure, and are able to sign for the operation.

@ PuppyBandit, What insurance do you have cause you got a really quick responce! Congrats!!!