Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Democrats vs republicans

There should be SOME regulation in offshore drilling, but not so much as to shut it down or make it not profitable. People seem to think the US is the only country that people do business in, if we keep down this path of over regulation of everything, there will come a time, probably sooner than later, when large companies will just flat refuse to do business with us. Why do they need to? China and India are growing like crazy. Especially in the oil field, China is second only to the US in oil consumption and have stated that their oil consumption will grow by over 80% in the next 15 years. Meaning they will surpass us. They already use much more coal than we do, and India is right on China's tail. So when we've implemented all these regulations on everything that used to be profitable here in the US, the companies will just pull up stakes and move elsewhere. Why not? China and India don't have the ridiculous regulations and taxes, and fee's and oversight that suffocates different industries, why do you think so many have already moved huge portions of their companies overseas. So keep regulating and run this country into the ground. Then what? Companies will leave, they've already started. A good example of this on a smaller scale is California, it's like an exodus of companies trying to get out because of the high corporate taxes in California. I've actually seen a lot of billboards from Nevada telling businesses to come to their state because of lower taxes and that they'll give even larger tax breaks when you first come over. Thats what's going to happen and really already is happening to the US.

I'm all for helping the "lower class" through donations, and volunteering and helping them help themselves. Not by handouts, and encouraging them to stay on welfare, unemployment, medicade what have you forever. Like I said in my previous post, I have a buddy that makes the equivalent of an $18 an hour job 40 hrs a week, while being on unemployment, why would he want to do all that to break even? If he took a job flipping burgers at min wage he'd take a HUGE pay cut. But if that wasn't there, he'd have to and he would. My wife and I donate money every year to several charities. And the last two years we've done our own impromptu adopt-a-family type deal at christmas time for two families each year. At the fire stations in so Cal we do a gift giving thing similar to toys for tots, called spark of love, and we've chose two families that we felt needed it badly, and were really trying to better themselves and took them to the super wal-mart in town and bought them everything for a Christmas dinner, presents for the kids, and for them, as the parents rarely get anything(they were simple gifts, new socks, new underpants, toiletries etc.) extra school supplies. I enjoy helping, I never do garage sales, I always give whatever I have extra to the salvation army, or to people I know who aren't as well off.

As for your other post. I don't make 200k a year, I make well over 100k and with my wife's salary we clear that usually. But if you care to do some research on California fire departments look at the salaries for firemen and then realize you can usually at least double that for all the overtime we work. I have been fortunate, I've made some good choices, and worked hard. And I know cm will say that I couldn't have done it without the government, and I agree, I wouldn't have roads, or schools, I did go to public school, and a state University. But I didn't take loans, I worked, hard. I understand not all people want what I want, or have the motivation I have for certain things. And that is fine, but it shouldn't be expected for the hard workers to take care of the slackers, there are those who need a temporary hand up, I'm all for helping them. One area I believe we absolutely need lots more government regulation is in these hand out programs that are there to stop the fraud, to investigate into why these people can't find jobs, or are they just choosing not to because they're making decent money on unemployment, and don't need to find a job because they can get by just fine on the government hand out?

I've said on multiple occasions we need an overhaul of the medical system, but the plan that the dems came up with just isn't IMO the best one. There are parts that are good, the pre-existing conditions part for example. The mandate, NOT a good part. That is "junk."

And I guess the majority of Americans decided to vote to send their kids off to die instead of research green stuff, like your ultimatum implied. Since this was the biggest win in over 70 years.

Thank you, your right. Obama did beat Mccain by a landslide. Again its nice of you to give to charities(as I will actually be heading to goodwill to drop off items). Alot of what you say I agree with I think we just word it differently. Handouts as you call them I dont agree with because when worded like that it sounds like everyone who accepts unemployment, etc is slacking off. Unfortunately there will always be people who play the system and it would be nice for someone to look over the problem. But it would mean another branch of our "corrupt"(your belief) government interfering. The reason they want to extend unemployment is because there arent any jobs(where have you been for the last 4-5 years), just kidding. I do think alot of whats going on is people who lost good jobs arent willing to work 2 or more jobs if needed to compensate for the money they're used to. But they lost white collar jobs so they're not considered handouts.

Thank you, your right. Obama did beat Mccain by a landslide. Again its nice of you to give to charities(as I will actually be heading to goodwill to drop off items). Alot of what you say I agree with I think we just word it differently. Handouts as you call them I dont agree with because when worded like that it sounds like everyone who accepts unemployment, etc is slacking off. Unfortunately there will always be people who play the system and it would be nice for someone to look over the problem. But it would mean another branch of our "corrupt"(your belief) government interfering. The reason they want to extend unemployment is because there arent any jobs(where have you been for the last 4-5 years), just kidding. I do think alot of whats going on is people who lost good jobs arent willing to work 2 or more jobs if needed to compensate for the money they're used to. But they lost white collar jobs so they're not considered handouts.

Have you ever noticed that the neocons always know someone who knows someone who abused the system. All they can provide is anecdotal evidence that can't be proven. Don't confuse them with the facts. Most of medicaid goes to nursing home patients. These are people who require 24/7 and skilled care. Should we just throw them out on the street?

You're right - there are no jobs because corporate America would rather sit on their 2 trillion dollars in assets and reap the tax cuts just given than hire more people. They will just continue to overwork the employees they have.

As to China and India. They might not have as many corporate regulations we have but what about pollution to the air and Water? They don't care. We should. What about the rights and safety of their workers? They don't care. We should. What about the salaries of their workers? Can they make a living? They don't care. We should.

We are better than them and de-regulating is not the answer. Then we become like them.

We have got to stop using the term "cutting spending" and start using the term "investing in America's future". That is what China and India is doing. That is how we compete with them. By investing in infrastructure, education, energy, research & development, technology, medicine. Make sure our nation is brought into the 21st century instead of going backward like the republicans want to take us. They want to undo progress and move us backward.

And those in need in this country would starve to death if dependant on the generosity of others.

BTW, loserbob, how did your wife's test turn out? Okay, I hope.

Well, it finally happened! Dem congress woman Gabrielle Giffords (shot in head) and at least 11 others shot at a Safeway grocery store in Tuscon Arizona. Could it possibly be because the lunatic believed all the hate and lies spewing from the rep mouths! Well I just heard at least 6 are dead(witness confirmation)! Thanks Boner and co.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first CNN was reporting that she was dead. Now they are saying she is in surgery. Nine people were shot and are in serious or critical condition, including a child. Congressman Giffords was one of 10 congressmen harassed for her pro-healthcare stance. The window of her local office was smashed.

The constant, non-stop hate coming from the right wing talk radio and tv just inflames and provides the ammunition that these demented people need to carry out their fatal plans. Some on neocon forums are saying maybe she was shot because she wasn't liberal enough. Yeah, right. Keep thinking that in your half a brain. First a package to Napolitano blows up and now this.

When will it end? When they finally get Obama?

Case in point: Sarah Palin's website

Up until about half an hour ago, this page showed a map with 20 crosshairs, then it got taken down, and now it's been completely re-made with no map of showing where to aim your gun at:

Another case in point: Those tea party candidate (e.g. Sharon Angle) who advocated for second amendment remedies when they didn't like how things were going and whacko MIchelle Bachman who wants her constituents armed and rising up. They and those who voted for them have blood on their hands.

Update: (3:50 PM) - they are saying she is expected to pull through but 6 have died. One of them shot was a federal judge.

Have you ever noticed that the neocons always know someone who knows someone who abused the system. All they can provide is anecdotal evidence that can't be proven. Don't confuse them with the facts. Most of medicaid goes to nursing home patients. These are people who require 24/7 and skilled care. Should we just throw them out on the street?

You're right - there are no jobs because corporate America would rather sit on their 2 trillion dollars in assets and reap the tax cuts just given than hire more people. They will just continue to overwork the employees they have.

As to China and India. They might not have as many corporate regulations we have but what about pollution to the air and Water? They don't care. We should. What about the rights and safety of their workers? They don't care. We should. What about the salaries of their workers? Can they make a living? They don't care. We should.

We are better than them and de-regulating is not the answer. Then we become like them.

We have got to stop using the term "cutting spending" and start using the term "investing in America's future". That is what China and India is doing. That is how we compete with them. By investing in infrastructure, education, energy, research & development, technology, medicine. Make sure our nation is brought into the 21st century instead of going backward like the republicans want to take us. They want to undo progress and move us backward.

And those in need in this country would starve to death if dependant on the generosity of others.

BTW, loserbob, how did your wife's test turn out? Okay, I hope.

Fortunately everything was ok. Thanks for asking, I knew there was something I wanted to post but the shooting was happening as I was in my gameroom installing an exterior door.

Also remember the olympics in China? The athletes were wearing respirators(around olympic village) because of the pollution and there was a body of water(lake/ bay) they had hundreds of boats cleaning the water because it was polluted(to a critical level).before the olympics started. What an embarrasment that was.

It took the EMT 30 minutes to arrive at the scene. I wonder if the angel of death - Gov. Brewer - had anything to do with cutting funding to them, too?

More gun toting 2nd amendment people could have stopped this. The shooter fires once, an armed American can take action. But no, lets take all the guns from all the upstanding citizens so only criminals have them. Oh, no, when the government puts a law out saying criminals can't have guns they all come and turn them in because it's illegal right? Secondly, the ambulance service's in Tucson are private, Tucson fire provides very few ambulance's. So the governor probably didn't cut much from a private industry. The only person with "blood on their hands" is the person who pulled the trigger. You belittle a horrible tragedy by trying to place political blame on someone else. The shooter shot, no one else.

Also, Giffords was a PRO GUN person, so if your going to say that blood is Palin and Bachman's hands because they're pro gun are you also going to say there is blood on Congresswoman Giffords as she is pro gun as well? I was just watching the press conference just now, and the sheriff's department officials said that ambulance's were on scene "Almost immediately, within a few minutes". Maybe you should look at places other than crackpot "news sources" like the dailykos.

Here's a fun little screenshot from your beloved dailykos, they were so kind as to remove this so they could bash palin for a bit, seems they forgot, this is the internet, once it's there it's there for good. Does this put blood on the daily kos' hands as well CM?

screen-shot-2011-01-08-at-3-05-33-pm.png

More gun toting 2nd amendment people could have stopped this. The shooter fires once, an armed American can take action. But no, lets take all the guns from all the upstanding citizens so only criminals have them. Oh, no, when the government puts a law out saying criminals can't have guns they all come and turn them in because it's illegal right? Secondly, the ambulance service's in Tucson are private, Tucson fire provides very few ambulance's. So the governor probably didn't cut much from a private industry. The only person with "blood on their hands" is the person who pulled the trigger. You belittle a horrible tragedy by trying to place political blame on someone else. The shooter shot, no one else.

The shooter was a law abiding citizen with a gun until he shot someone. Every law abiding citizen with a gun is just one shot away from being a criminal.

And that's just what we need - a bunch of citizens in a crowd firing away. All that would have accomplished is a higher death toll.

Also, Giffords was a PRO GUN person, so if your going to say that blood is Palin and Bachman's hands because they're pro gun are you also going to say there is blood on Congresswoman Giffords as she is pro gun as well? I was just watching the press conference just now, and the sheriff's department officials said that ambulance's were on scene "Almost immediately, within a few minutes". Maybe you should look at places other than crackpot "news sources" like the dailykos.

It isn't a matter of being pro-gun or pro-gun laws. It's a matter of the way Palin, Bachmann and Angle promote the use of guns. It is reckless to put cross hairs on the targets of congressmen, or talk about second amendment remedies when you don't like the way things are going, or to tell your constituents to arm themselves and rise up. This is irresponsible and they and those on whacko talk radio and tv who promote all this anti-government rhetoric just fan the flames of the crazed minds in this country and they have the blood on their hands.

Violent left wing revolution OBVIOUSLY the answer. I challenge you CM, to have the courage, to post the left wing lunatics as often as you post the right wing, because they are there, you just choose to ignore them.

Just another diversion from what is going on. Let's try to get your attention away from the current situation. Put you on the defensive. You neocons are such experts at that. Won't work. Most of the violence against the government and what it represents is by right wing extremists and you can post all the articles you want about left wing this and that and that doesn't change the fact.

THOSE WHACKOS ON THE RIGHT WHO HATE THE GOVERNMENT ARE THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF DOMESTIC TERRORISM.

Who was the last conservative targeted? Reagan?

Here's a fun little screenshot from your beloved dailykos, they were so kind as to remove this so they could bash palin for a bit, seems they forgot, this is the internet, once it's there it's there for good. Does this put blood on the daily kos' hands as well CM?

Sharon Angle and other tea party candidates who ran against more moderate republicans in the primaries learned that. They ran on extremist positions in the primaries so as to garner those crazy tea party votes and they posted these positions on their websites and on videos. Then when they won and had to run in a general election they had to pull back from these extreme positons obviously forgetting that there was such a thing as the internet and videos to capture there positions forever. That's how so much of the republican hypocrisy is documented.

And since you never site your sources we don't know from which right wing whacko source you quote.