Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to share something I found today. Dannon makes GREEK yogurt and 1 5oz cup has 12g protein! I bought it at Walmart today, they were $1 each......got strawberry and blueberry!! I'm not too crazy about the Protein Drinks and this is double the Protein of any other yogurt I've found.

I've never tried those. I eat Chobani plain non-fat with 1 packet of splenda. It has 18g Protein in a 6oz container

I also really like Chobani. I am in full liquid stage right now and I have a modified Chobani as my Protein for Breakfast. I add a couple tablespoons of vanilla Protein Powder, two teaspoons benefiber, Chobani 0% fat with fruit, 1 Tablespoon milk, some spendra and mix in a small tupperware with a stick blender. This makes the yoghert more liquidy (greek yogurt is thicker than reg.) and the fruit is minced. My favorite part of the full liquid diet. I would say it's about 25 grams protein.

Love Chobani all flavors...hate yoplait greek yogurt..Brown cow is good, but the one I like best of all is my homemade greek yogurt. It is SO easy to make contains no additives and its so much cheaper than $1 - $1.69 for a 6oz cup. I make 1 gallon every sunday morning takes me about 15 mins and I eat it every morning with fresh or frozen sugar free fruit (some frozen fruit has sugar in it) I'm amazed at how full it keeps me!!

My mother is first generation Greek American. She absolutely refuses to try the greek yogurt in stores today because she hated the version her mother made. Did I say hated I meant hated with a passion. :(

I am excited about making greek yogurt today...thanks for sharing your recipe! I will let everyone know how well it goes :o

Michelle

Your local Kroger grocery store (like King Soopers, Dillons, City Market, etc.) carries CARBMaster yogurt. A small container has 12 g Protein, 1.5 g fat, 3 g carbs, and it's priced between $0.33 and $0.50, depending on whether you can catch it on sale or not.

It tastes, in my opinion, so much better than greek yogurt. Each morning for Breakfast, I have one of those and a light cheese stick, and get a total of 20 g Protein.< /p>

Where to by Chaboini

Where to by Chaboini

I get them at Jewel or Dominicks.

I too like the greek yogurt, but really watch the amount of sugar in them. I just bought the Kroger CarbMaster with on 3grams of sugar.

I agree, the flavored greek yogurt has too much sugar. I prefer to buy the plain and add my own fresh or frozen s/f fruit.

If it's a workout day (which most days are) sometimes I'll add a small amount of Bob's Red Mill Muesli. Higher in carbs, but it's whole grain and I burn it off fairly quickly.

Where to by Chaboini

In MA, NH area Demoulas and Marketbasket (both owned by two parts of the same Greek family) carry Chobani for $1 a piece. Other stores like Shaws and Stop and Shop have it for like $1.50. You can also by variety packs at costco which equals $1.00 a piece.

Personally I don't worry about the suger content. I exercise every day and decided if I am eating 0% fat yogurt I am allowed the carbs. Especially when I am staying under 800 calories a day.

I mix a pile of chocolate Protein Powder with my plain non fat yogurt and it is almost like chocolate pudding!, its a loaded Protein deal for sure somewhere in the 50's. Kind of a slider so I dont do it very often but when the urge for chocolate hits you HAVE to do something!