Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill today. Eeeharr!

No sweat, no problem at least so far. I am really starting to like my doc too. at first I was not sure about him but at this point he is top notch compared to some of the yo-yo's you hear about.

This first fill was great, he found the port and had the needle in me before I knew what happened. He had me sit up and drink Water as he was filling untill I had restriction, then he took out a little bit. I have 5cc in a 14cc band. I am thinking that is pretty good for the first time. He says he wants to get me to the sweet spot ASAP. I am all for that, none of this "sneaking" up on it 1cc at a time. He is pretty conservative on most stuff too like I am not suppose to be back on reg food for 5 days. but He says the band is not helping and doing its job till it is filled right so he wants to get it right quick. He says 5 weeks before next one.

Now after all the time and effort it seems like things are getting under way.

Just wondering how you were doing today, dman? Do you have restriction? I got my first fill yesterday, also, and have restriction but I'm starving every 1.5 to 2 hrs. Ugh. :(

I am a little disappointed because I don't feel like I have any more restriction than I did before. but I am not eating solids for a few days so that may change. I have read that some fills take a few weeks even to kick in.

I would like to know the physiology behind that because it would seem to be counter-intuitive for that scenario. I can see some swelling a few days after an adjustment, then some loosening. but to not have any restriction for several weeks then all of a sudden bam your restricted just doesn't make much sense.

Other than that I feel perfectly normal! so I am not really complaining too much.:(

I had my 1st fill yesterday which was 1.5cc & I already had 4.5cc from surgery which gave me no restriction. So I have 6cc in a 10cc band. I lost weight on my own will power. I have been really struggling since this past weekend. Had a wedding & a family BBQ. Im feeling good and know it can take anywhere around 3/5 fills b4 reaching sweet spot but hope this gives me enough to get me to my next fill in 1mth. Keep up the great work! Im just really happy I got the lap-band.

Well, it's been a week from the 1st fill and still no sign of restriction other than what I had before, which was only if I eat too fast I get the "stuck" feeling. I have a ravenous appetite and my will power is waining. I can't get another fill for 5 more weeks... I may call and beg the doc for one sooner.

It's a process, It's a process,It's a process,It's a process,

I have to keep telling myself that...

I was excited reading your 1st post because my 1st fill is coming up on 9/22 and I was hoping that my Dr would give me an aggressive fill too, not this 1cc at a time business .

Please keep us informed as to how this goes for you. Hopefully when you start eating solids again you'll feel a difference.

I already know I'm going to ask my surgeon to give me a more aggressive fill not 1cc at a time. Hopefully, he'll say yes.

Been on solids for 5 days now so that is not the problem. I have read sometimes it takes a few weeks to "feel" it. I do not understand this as the band gets tight the second it gets pumped up with the saline. so how can it take 2 weeks to feel the effect?

second fill today been 5 weeks since the first one. I got 2.5cc more so now I have 7.5 in a 10 band. I think I GET IT now!

I have restriction, dont know how much yet but I can no longer chug Water. have to drink it slow. I suspect when I get onto solids in a few I will be close to the sweet spot. I can get another fill in 3 weeks so I am hopeful for some lbs falling off in the fall.

not sure I like it, but the weight going down should be enough compensation to feel justified.

Congrats & enjoy that feeling. When its dialed its awesome...unfortunately I'm sitting in the CCU without my band.

Very long story but I became septic and almost died a week ago. My liver got nicked during band surg. We had all thought it healed

But it became infected then I got bacteria in bloodstream because no one could diagnose. Blood transfusion, platelets kidney failure. Etc. Bye bye my band.

I had my first fill today and I am now seeing that it was a "conservative fill" compared to everyone else. First off I had a basic fill process, meaning I just laid on a table, no pain shot and had a needle injected into my port which HURT! She said I had .8 already in so she added just 2 cc's more. Other than port pain at first I feel no restriction which I guess is normal since I haven't received very much of a fill. I go back Nov. 2 for another fill. I also need to find out the size of my band.

Well, I just had my 2nd fill. I had 3cc's in already and my doc added 1.5cc's more. After I had my 1st fill I really struggled with horrible hunger and at times ate way to much. Thus I lost and gained 5 lbs over a months time. It was horrible. So, instead of waiting 6 weeks, I went in at 4 weeks. After eating dinner tonight I was full pretty fast....I think I could be in the green zone. I hope! I hope! I hope! I want to start losing again. Positive thoughts everyone :smile2:

Going for my first fill on Tuesday. After reading RachTX post I'm a little frighten now. There is pain involved when you get filled?? I sure hope it will be over very quick and painless since I have allergies towards pain :smile: I do have a question someone told me I should eat a light Breakfast before the fill. What you think? :thumbup: