Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick of the liquid diet

I honestly felt that the liquid post-op was harder than the pre-op. But today is the day that I finish the mushy part and I have to say, I am a little scared. I almost wish I could hide behind the shakes again....

I was in tears earlier 2day!!! Until i seen this post i felt like i shouldnt have done this....i am 6days post op...and my my 7 day post op diet is basically baby foods and Soup...i want a pizza and hot dogs dammit!...but i'm okay now...i soo cant wait until monday 2 eat eggs and tuna! (never in my life thought i would say that)....

I am thankful that i am 14 pounds post op and its only been 6 days.....

sorry had vent!

I was in tears earlier 2day!!! Until i seen this post i felt like i shouldnt have done this....i am 6days post op...and my my 7 day post op diet is basically baby foods and soup...i want a pizza and hot dogs dammit!...but i'm okay now...i soo cant wait until monday 2 eat eggs and tuna! (never in my life thought i would say that)....

I am thankful that i am 14 pounds post op and its only been 6 days.....

sorry had vent!

Have you tried the tuna Creations, Herb and Garlic, yummmmmy? That's alot better than the canned tuna, juicier too.

I quadruple that. I am so sick of the liquid diet as well. I am on day 6 after the surgery and I seriously can't even look at a Protein shake. They gross me out now. I'm only drinking one for Breakfast and then the rest liquids. How many Protein shakes are ya'll drinking?

I can't wait to eat Tomato Soup next week. Thank heavens.

Have you tried the tuna Creations, Herb and Garlic, yummmmmy? That's alot better than the canned tuna, juicier too.

Today is my first day i can have solids like tuna. I will be going 2 the store 2 get that! Thanx!

I quadruple that. I am so sick of the liquid diet as well. I am on day 6 after the surgery and I seriously can't even look at a Protein Shake. They gross me out now. I'm only drinking one for Breakfast and then the rest liquids. How many Protein Shakes are ya'll drinking?

I can't wait to eat Tomato Soup next week. Thank heavens.

I had 2 start a Protein shakes 2 days ago....and like u i cant stomache 2 drink them cause of all the damn liquids! 2day i was able 2 add solids 2 my post op diet....so i will try them 2day!

I had 2 start a Protein Shakes 2 days ago....and like u i cant stomache 2 drink them cause of all the damn liquids! 2day i was able 2 add solids 2 my post op diet....so i will try them 2day!

What solids are you adding in? I was banded the same day but am supposed to stay on liquids for 14 days ... meaning no food (not even mushies) until next Monday! (That thought makes me want to cry). Anyways, I'm healing well and I'm handling all my thick liquids really well so I want to start trying mushies (slowly of course). I still dont have an appetite, so I'd be having just a few bits of soft food, not enough to hurt.

Let me know which work for you :lol: & congrats for moving on in your diet phase! lol

What solids are you adding in? I was banded the same day but am supposed to stay on liquids for 14 days ... meaning no food (not even mushies) until next Monday! (That thought makes me want to cry). Anyways, I'm healing well and I'm handling all my thick liquids really well so I want to start trying mushies (slowly of course). I still dont have an appetite, so I'd be having just a few bits of soft food, not enough to hurt.

Let me know which work for you :smile2: & congrats for moving on in your diet phase! lol

any and all veggies and fruits....chicken breast, tuna, eggs, dry unsweeten Cereal, mash potatoes

Thanks everyone, for your support (and the recipe!). I'm now on the pureed diet, moving to solid food, and MUCH happier!