Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

P90x Diary thread for everyone!!

Okay guys. I just saw a few people posting up saying that they started P90x this week or will soon, so someone had to start a public thread for it.

One thing I have to say about it, though, before we get started. I, personally, think EVERYBODY should do this or Insanity. I swear that I'm not quoting the commercials to be a Beachbody whore, but LITERALLY, these are the hardest workouts I've ever done in my entire life, outside of football in high school. The first time I did P90x, I did probably half of what they did, if that, but NOW, I can actually do 2 pull ups and run a 5k, and I weigh 255lbs. I feel pretty accomplished, but nevertheless, my competitive nature pushes me forward to be able to do more. lol.

AAAAAANNYWHO, diary of day 1:

Today, I thought about starting, but I didn't. I was a little too hungover. hehe. Tomorrow is the day. Bringing it x-style. :(

Tip of the day, kids: Do as I say, not as I do. lol.

John

Ok, I have a confession - I put off starting them yesterday! =(

With school being out, the kids are all still underfoot generally until 9 or later at night, which doesn't leave me much time to myself in the evenings to focus on the videos. I decided that what I'm going to do is commit to walking every day for the next two weeks (even in this muggy Maryland weather, so you know I'm not messing around!) and possibly going to the gym at lunch. The week before school starts is when we start making the kids go to bed at "school" hours, so that's when I'm going to start. I'm not just making excuses to get out of it, right? I hate to keep putting it off, but with my workdays being 11+ hours when you factor in the commute, staying up until 11 or later to work out just isn't an option for me right now.

As tough as I know they are, I'm actually kind of looking forward to doing them, guess I'm masochistic like that! :(

Thanks for starting this, John - I'll definitely be hanging around!

-Shelby

It's okay, Shelby! I totally understand. I'm up at 5am and go to bed at ~12pm 4 days/week. haha. You can do it, though! I have faith in you! :(

Okay, today, I have some stuff to do today for work and get my class schedule figured out, but this evening, it's time for chest/back and ab ripper x.

Diet today: -Breakfast: Fiance brought home a Breakfast sandwich and iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts. I ate half of the Breakfast sandwich.

- Lunch: A little bit of a turkey/salsa simmer that I made last night. It was pretty tasty and pretty low calorie, so I figure that's a good bet and high Protein.

- Dinner: Frozen lean cuisine sandwich

- Snacks: fruit and maybe a little cottage cheese.

Today will be Day 3 for me.

My body is crying, lol. I'm gonna push through it though. No pain, no gain, right?

The first two days really honestly weren't all that bad. I'm just a wimp, lol. I think it really helps though with the weight loss, especially since i haven't worked out that much before now. I'd walk now and then, but nothing consistent, which was my downfall.

I haven't quite gotten to the point where I'm looking forward to working out yet, but once my muscles get used to being in motion, I think I'll be able to look forward to it more!

I'll keep y'all posted! :(

Hmm...

Just found this article and it kinda ticks me off... I'm working my butt off, thank you very much.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f86/beachbodys-p90x-making-serious-money-cnbc-116319/

The generalization that he made was really evil, but I know what he's trying to say. For this to work at it's highest potential, like most of anything I guess, you need that drive, that competitive spirit and the "never give up" work ethic.

In my humble opinion, the quote they used about the LAP-BAND® was a bit harsh, but again I see what he's getting at and I'm not fully against it. The aforementioned concept, that is. hehe.

I'm a competitive person when it comes to skill. It's tough for me to take a leisurely bike ride with my fiance or play a leisurely game of golf with no competitive feelings, even within myself. There's always something driving me to improve myself, though. Naturally, it's connected to my confidence level. Sorry, I'm veering off topic. haha.

Amy, you can totally do it, though. Most days, I STILL don't want to do it, but I somehow convince myself to. Yesterday being one of them. haha. Don't give up, though. You always have us. Rant if you want, get it all out, and then kick its ass the next day. Whatever you feel like you need to do, do it. We're always here to listen!!!

EDIT: Let me clarify what I meant. lol. I'm not saying that if someone is not competitive, they shouldn't do this. That's crap. Anyone, regardless of size or standing of confidence, could do this and benefit greatly from it. I just think that if you have the will to succeed and improve your skill, in anything for that matter, you're going to work harder and push the envelope more and create better results. That's it. ^^

Edited by neveragain

Thank you so much for those encouraging words, it really means a lot. :)

I wasn't too discouraged when I saw that, it was just one of those things that makes me want to prove those idiots wrong. I realize there are those who get the Lap-Band thinking it's some kind of magic wand that will make the pounds melt away instantly, but then there are those of us who understand that it is simply a tool to help us achieve our weight loss goals.

I also wanted to re-post that article to perhaps light a fire under others like it did for me. It just makes me want to try harder!! :w00t:

In fact, I loved the workout today! I did the shoulders and arms one! I skipped the Ab ripper because I'm still just a little tender at my port site and I don't want to chance messing anything up until I get assurance from the surgeon or dietician. I figure I'm chancing it enough when I get my massage this weekend! lol...

But this is the whole reason why I come to this forum--the encouragement! I love it!

Thank you again, neveragain! :blush:

Day 2: UTTER FAIL! this is destined to not be my week, it seems. Didn't get home until after 9, dinner at taco bell! shame on me. now, in my feeble defense i still didn't exceed 1350 calories for the day, but still. taco bell?! i can't wait to get my next fill!

you guys are doing great, and actually making me excited to be starting the videos. I have some 8 pound dumbells and a few resistance bands, is there anything else i'll need?

as for the article, for me that just falls into the category of "popular misconceptions about fat people and people who get weight loss surgery".

Ok, I skimped a little yesterday. Only did a halfday of Yoga. It was mostly because I fell asleep for about an hour and a half when I got home. Not sure why I was so exhausted! I was just going to lay down for a few minutes and it turned into a lot more! By the time I made dinner it was already 9pm, so I got a quick one in. It was yoga though, so it was a little difficult, but I've taken yoga classes before. Not too bad!

I'll be better tonight, but it's going to kick my ever-lovin' butt...legs and back! Let's see how much I can accomplish! :)

so how did everybody do over the weekend? i helped my husband unload a uhaul full of boxes and clean his company's storage unit - while not traditional exercise, it was definitely a workout! supposed to start going to the gym at lunch, if my coworker came in...

just found this thread today...thanks everyone!

i started the system two mondays ago...but i am not doing it every single day. I am obsessed with zumba so i do zumba on wed and friday...those days i only do ab ripper, no matter what the chart says i should do...and then i just pick up on what the chart says...so i will be doing it for probably like 120 days or soemthing...haha:tongue2:

i am loving the system though...and i actually find it kind of fun! i did legs and shoulders yesterday and i can barely walk today (i am sure painting ALL day yesterday too didnt help the sore body either)

I was banded 5/20 and I am just shy of 50 lbs lost! i am hoping the working out six days a week helps keep the weight coming off!:(

i'll be checking back frequently :frown:

How long after my surgery should I wait before starting P90X? Doc says 2 weeks before starting any vigorous activity, but I am not very patient....suggestions?

How long after my surgery should I wait before starting P90X? Doc says 2 weeks before starting any vigorous activity, but I am not very patient....suggestions?

My doctor said about 2-3 weeks, but I really took it slow, just to make sure everything was healed and that my port was no longer hurting so much. I remember doing a sit up hurt like hell the first time, but now it's nothing.

P.S. I plan to do P90X after I finish P90, though I want to do a hybrid between P90X Lean and Insanity. Down 11lbs, a few inches, and only 3 weeks in. Exciting!

He said that about lap-band? And then again what does he really know I bet he is never been fat in his life.... I bought p90x like a year ago I bought It for my Husband he never used it I think he felt offended.. I wanted to do the program but after reading the thing I felt that I wasn't ready for it Or Fit enough ...

Hmm...

Just found this article and it kinda ticks me off... I'm working my butt off, thank you very much.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f86/beachbodys-p90x-making-serious-money-cnbc-116319/

Sorry it's been a while!

I'm keeping with it. My diet has been a little off and on, but I'm still giving it my best!

Legs never get easier. lol. Love it, though.

I start a U of A public Army PT class on Monday, too, so that'll add to the hell, but I won't give up. It'll be worth it!

KEEP BRINGING IT X STYLE GUYS/GIRLS!

John