Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Been stuck at 294 for a week :thumbup: I was so excited that I finally got to a weight starting with a 2, but now i wanna be excited at going in the 280's! lol

Don't get me wrong, i'm ecstatic about being down 70 pounds (50 has been from start of my preop liquids to now and 20 before pre-op liquids.)!

I started a workout regimen yesterday and my husband and i committed ourselves to follow thru with it for the 6 week cycle :thumbup:

I have not had a fill yet since my doctor was pleased with my intial weightloss and i agreed to wait on the fill so i could see how far i could get! I see him in two weeks for a potential first fill which will be a little over 2 months post op!

All in all i'm doing well, but stuck at 294 just for now and hopefully not much longer!!!!!!!!

Hey Yall!

I'm just curious how much you are eating now. I don't mean calories.....I mean volume. My weight has stalled and I'm guessing I'm eating too much. I know I need to start my food journal again. I eat about 1.5 cups of food at a time. Sometimes I feel full and sometimes I don't.

Also, does anyone have port soreness after exercising? I can walk without pain but anything that requires jumping, bouncing, or running leaves me sore for a couple days.

Okay I put this in a separate post also but I changed things up yesterday.

I ate MORE calories than normal, really pushed the Water, stayed away from the salt AND did 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Today I am FINALLY at 199!! So excited! Now I need to work on getting to 180 next.

Congratulations!! I'm jealous! :thumbup:

Hi! My name is Mary and I was banded Aug 12! I have lost 29 lbs! I had my first fill last Mon and had 4 cc. put in!

Hi, Mary! Welcome!

Hey Yall!

I'm just curious how much you are eating now. I don't mean calories.....I mean volume. My weight has stalled and I'm guessing I'm eating too much. I know I need to start my food journal again. I eat about 1.5 cups of food at a time. Sometimes I feel full and sometimes I don't.

Also, does anyone have port soreness after exercising? I can walk without pain but anything that requires jumping, bouncing, or running leaves me sore for a couple days.

I am eating about a cup per meal. And I do get some port soreness after exercising. It's nothing troublesome. Just twinges.

I get port pain every time I bend over lately, a bad sharp pain. Bathing my kids at night is starting to really kill me.

It's fine if I hold my hand over my port and put pressure against it but if I don't do that then I have major pain just bending over to turn on the Water.

Will that go away soon?

I haven't been posting much lately because I'm experiencing what I guess would be called bandster hell.

I am stuck at the same weight and have even gained a couple back in the last couple of days.

I am very busy now and I know I have to have a stricter regimen and routine.

I'm a little down and depressed about it but I refuse to fully go there. I'm still happy with my band but I haven't been in a good routine for so long I guess it's harder for me than I thought.

Onthego...we were banded the same day. I can't say I have much pain at my port but it does feel like it's not fully healed yet so I'm protective of it. I don't bend over the sink to wash my face as far as I did before and I hold my port. That thing was placed so close to my skin that I'm sure they had to do a good bit to fit it there so I imagine that it will take a while to fully heal.

Amanda maybe roll up a towel to place btwn your port and the tub when you bend over to wash the kidlets in the tub .

I do that if I quickly wash my hair at the sink and I feel no pressure. Have to protect the port.

Dee

I know even with my fill I am eating way too much. I think exercise is the only thing that is keeping me from gaining. It does get discouraging.

I haven't been posting much lately because I'm experiencing what I guess would be called bandster hell.

I am stuck at the same weight and have even gained a couple back in the last couple of days.

I'm a little down and depressed about it but I refuse to fully go there. I'm still happy with my band but I haven't been in a good routine for so long I guess it's harder for me than I thought.

I am right there with you I haven't been posting a lot cuz I too have been stuck at the same weight and have gained about 2 lbs back, I too feel a little down about it but have decided not to worry too much about the scale and wait till my fill around Oct. 21...Good luck!

I'm sorry that you 2 are having a little rough time too but I'm glad that I'm not alone. I'm feeling like such a failure.

I haven't made the appt for my next fill yet but I guess I should get on it for the last week in October or the first of November.

I just got the EOB from the insurance yesterday. My surgery cost close to 20G and the 1st fill was $340. so I better get on the ball.

Thank goodness for insurance .

Dee

I had been in a stall as well, but it seems to have been broken, although I don't really know why....also BIG NSV- I am able to wear several pairs of pants I wore 5 years ago during my last big weight loss. Here's to closet shopping!!!!:thumbup:

Onthego...we were banded the same day. I can't say I have much pain at my port but it does feel like it's not fully healed yet so I'm protective of it. I don't bend over the sink to wash my face as far as I did before and I hold my port. That thing was placed so close to my skin that I'm sure they had to do a good bit to fit it there so I imagine that it will take a while to fully heal.

Dee

MSDV (Dee),

You say your port "is so close to the skin"....can you see it? Mine is obvious! You can see right where it is and it sticks out. I find myself holding pressure on it too and it seems to help with the tenderness. I wonder if I wore something that fit tight during exercise if that would ease the pain...maybe a cami under my shirt.

I have teetered up and down with the same 2-3lbs since mid September and have been really frustrated but I now see that I'm not alone. Girls, we're going to have to kick it up a notch to be in those sexy lil dresses by new years eve!! :thumbup: Today I worked out for 1 1/2 hrs and plan on doing the same tomorrow. Its too bad we all dont live close to one another, I could use a workout buddy!

Good night all and have sweet dreams!

I'm sorry that you 2 are having a little rough time too but I'm glad that I'm not alone. I'm feeling like such a failure.

I haven't made the appt for my next fill yet but I guess I should get on it for the last week in October or the first of November.

I just got the EOB from the insurance yesterday. My surgery cost close to 20G and the 1st fill was $340. so I better get on the ball.

Thank goodness for insurance .

Dee

Your lucky you got Ins...I was self pay and at this pint in my journey I feel like I just paid $5400 for another diet...I sure hope my fill coming up works, I need to start exercising but cant find the motivation :thumbup:

finally back at 199 on the nose!!!!!

Your lucky you got Ins...I was self pay and at this pint in my journey I feel like I just paid $5400 for another diet...I sure hope my fill coming up works, I need to start exercising but cant find the motivation :thumbup:

Its funny you say that you feel like yopu paid $5400 for another diet, I jokingly made the comment that I paid $15,000 which equals out to around $800 per lb lost so far! I dont know that over my lifetime that I've spent a total of $15k before the band but I would bet I've definitely spent $5400! Hang in there girl, IT WILL GET BETTER!

Amanda maybe roll up a towel to place btwn your port and the tub when you bend over to wash the kidlets in the tub .

I do that if I quickly wash my hair at the sink and I feel no pressure. Have to protect the port.

Dee

Thanks I'll try that. I guess it's normal then huh?

I met my goal to lose 50 pounds before Oct 22. That is when we go on vacation. I'm so excited. We are going to see my husbands family in California, and most of them haven't seen me since 2005.