Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

So sorry for your loss Amanda.

I saw the doc today and although she doesn't think the incision is infected she put me on another week of antibiotics. She also said I would not get an adjustment for another month in order for the incision to completely heal. I was banded Aug. 3 and have not had my first fill... but I am 40 lbs down.

So sorry to hear that Amanda.

So..... Update for me... I am an amazing 13 wks pregnant.. I was preg when I had lapband surg... About 4 wks... Didn't show up on their routine urine test... No clue...and it lived...and looks great....just found out last Tues-Jordan, our daughter, said mommy u have my baby brother in ur tummy... I took a test, and sure enough... went to OB, confirmed via ultrasound... A whopping 12 wks... Turned 13 wks on Mon.. And had a cerclage placed yesterday to hold cervix closed since I have incompetent cervix. I am scared. My son was born at just 24 wks due to incompetent cervix, and died 35 days later... Then w/my daughter I had a cerclage and 6 mths of bedrest. It's crazy..we were on the pill and everything... God has a plan I guess.. For now I am leaving the band alone...no prob eating as of yet...so, no need to unfill at this time.... Pray for us!

I saw the doc today and although she doesn't think the incision is infected she put me on another week of antibiotics. She also said I would not get an adjustment for another month in order for the incision to completely heal. I was banded Aug. 3 and have not had my first fill... but I am 40 lbs down.

congradulations Joycie!

Thanks Kelly.

Congrats Timnmitch!

Im sorry about your loss amanda. my heart goes out to you and your family.

So..... Update for me... I am an amazing 13 wks pregnant.. I was preg when I had LAP-BAND® surg... About 4 wks... Didn't show up on their routine urine test... No clue...and it lived...and looks great....just found out last Tues-Jordan, our daughter, said mommy u have my baby brother in ur tummy... I took a test, and sure enough... went to OB, confirmed via ultrasound... A whopping 12 wks... Turned 13 wks on Mon.. And had a cerclage placed yesterday to hold cervix closed since I have incompetent cervix. I am scared. My son was born at just 24 wks due to incompetent cervix, and died 35 days later... Then w/my daughter I had a cerclage and 6 mths of bedrest. It's crazy..we were on the pill and everything... God has a plan I guess.. For now I am leaving the band alone...no prob eating as of yet...so, no need to unfill at this time.... Pray for us!

Congrats!!!! wow big news!!!

TimandMich Congrats to you, I am glad the ultrasound showed everything is good with the baby. You will be in my prayers.

Hi everyone, I have been struggling also. I am not hungry, but it seems like I just eat to eat. I am exercising everyday with 45-60 mins of cardio and then weights everyother day. I have lost 4 inches around my waist, but the scale doesn't want to go down :) I got my first fill yesterday. I am 7 weeks post-op. The doc was very happy with my progress even though the weight isn't coming off he said the inches are and that is good. I asked the doc how much was in my band and he said nothing. he put in 1.5 cc. He said he starts off slow. He had no problem finding it and it didn't hurt at all :) I could feel it tightening the band when he added the Fluid. It was really interesting. I can not get another fill until Feb though!! It just seems so far away. He told me to have a cup of food for each meal and have mostly Protein cause that is what makes muscle.

I really just need to stop eating when I am not hungry...it is a bad habbit that I need to change.

Hi everyone, I have been struggling also. I am not hungry, but it seems like I just eat to eat. I am exercising everyday with 45-60 mins of cardio and then weights everyother day. I have lost 4 inches around my waist, but the scale doesn't want to go down :) I got my first fill yesterday. I am 7 weeks post-op. The doc was very happy with my progress even though the weight isn't coming off he said the inches are and that is good. I asked the doc how much was in my band and he said nothing. he put in 1.5 cc. He said he starts off slow. He had no problem finding it and it didn't hurt at all :) I could feel it tightening the band when he added the Fluid. It was really interesting. I can not get another fill until Feb though!! It just seems so far away. He told me to have a cup of food for each meal and have mostly Protein cause that is what makes muscle.

I really just need to stop eating when I am not hungry...it is a bad habbit that I need to change.

Why do you have to wait until February for your next fill?

Thank you Julie.

I'm having the same problem. The past 10 days I've really been eating way too much. Sometimes I'm hungry but sometimes I just eat to be eating:( I have to get a handle on that.

Monica, My doctor doesn't like to do fills close together or put a lot in the fill because he said he believes to much and to often could cause erosion. It is funny how different doctors are. I see some people have gotten over 3cc's for their first fill and are able to go for their second fill within weeks of each other. I just hope that this fill helps me stay full longer...Its more like a mind game right now for me.

Amanda, I am so with you. I was actually thinking about being hypnotized to stop snacking. Kind of crazy I know, but right now I am getting full fast but its just that I keep snacking...that's going to do me in if I can't get a handle on it!!

I forgot to share this with everyone and found it to be something that is important. When I was at the docs yesterday. He said its a good idea to get a medical alert Bracelet, That says NO NSAID's and No Blind NG Tube or scope, and of course the meds that your allergic to. He said if something happened and I couldn't talk and they have to do a blind tube or scope well with the fill it just won't go down, and the NSAID's can hurt my stomach also.

I forgot to share this with everyone and found it to be something that is important. When I was at the docs yesterday. He said its a good idea to get a medical alert Bracelet, That says NO NSAID's and No Blind NG Tube or scope, and of course the meds that your allergic to. He said if something happened and I couldn't talk and they have to do a blind tube or scope well with the fill it just won't go down, and the NSAID's can hurt my stomach also.

My Ob/Gyn said the same thing last month. I had to have a hysterectomy and he said they couldn't do the anesthesia unless my band was empty, otherwise the tube wouldn't go down my throat.