Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i haven't been doing things right..

ever since i got my first fill (woohoo, total of 6cc's) i haven't been eating much and haven't been hungry much, which is totallly awesome! if i can remember right, ever since the fair came, i started skipping meals, drinking more Water, walking more than i have been...lost 11 pounds before surgery, but i've gained 5 back. ever since the week of my graduation party, mainly since i started seeing someone(july 28th) i'd go throughout the day without eating much, maybe 2 meals a day. when i hear my stomach telling me its hungry, i ignore it and drink water. id say id have 2 meals a day. now that i've gotten into that pattern, i'm affraid to actually have normal meals. i'm afraid to eat more than i should anyways, i want to only have Protein Shakes as meals from GNC, fruit, veggies, and yogurt...also, when can i go swimming? (had gallbladder surgery on July 22nd)i've been banded for a year and i'm nowhere near goal or even half way

Sounds like you may not be eating enough. Your body can go into starvation mode if you don't eat enough calories. That's great your swimming- keep it up and do it as often as possible. The workouts will really help the weightloss. Good luck!

I definitely think you are not eating enough. You need to figure out how to get another meal worked in. People who don't eat Breakfast weigh more than those who do eat it... Hugs!!!!

Erin you have to get about 1200 calories a day, otherwise your body goes into starvation mode. If you know you're not eating properly, it's time for you to do something about it. If you think it's something psychological, then you need to think about talking to someone.

You need to eat to survive. You need to eat to lose weight. You were banded shortly after I was. If you need someone to talk to, ask questions to, etc, feel free to contact me. I don't mind at all.

You can do this girl.

My doctor's office said two weeks before I could go back to swimming and to start out with freestyle vs breaststroke or butterfly.

ever since i got my first fill (woohoo, total of 6cc's) i haven't been eating much and haven't been hungry much, which is totallly awesome! if i can remember right, ever since the fair came, i started skipping meals, drinking more Water, walking more than i have been...lost 11 pounds before surgery, but i've gained 5 back. ever since the week of my graduation party, mainly since i started seeing someone(july 28th) i'd go throughout the day without eating much, maybe 2 meals a day. when i hear my stomach telling me its hungry, i ignore it and drink water. id say id have 2 meals a day. now that i've gotten into that pattern, i'm affraid to actually have normal meals. i'm afraid to eat more than i should anyways, i want to only have Protein Shakes as meals from GNC, fruit, veggies, and yogurt...also, when can i go swimming? (had gallbladder surgery on July 22nd)i've been banded for a year and i'm nowhere near goal or even half way

Hi,

so I'm wondering...are you not eating because it hurts to eat?? are you having reflux, or are things getting stuck?? when folks are too tight, and dont realize it, sometimes they stop eating the things that get stuck, or go back to shakes in fear of getting stuck...if this is not the case for you, then you know what to do....

even if you want to continue with the shakes...make them good ones!! add in some Protein Powder, half a banana, Peanut Butter (my morning shake is a chocolate eas with all of the above, YUM!)

eating small meals or Snacks keeps your metabolism going, and thats what helps burn fat, and lose weight, as does low carbing.....if you arent losing, you definitely want to eat more!!

take care!

it really takes a minute once you have reached your sweet spot to figure out what foods will go down, and which will get stuck. I remember you have had a rough first six months with the band and now you are in a pattern is it the right pattern to be? I would say no you have to get in at least 1200 calories a day as everyone else has said, now the questions is how? I can eat hamburger made with ground beef with cheese on it and no bread, it takes me about 20 minutes just take your time and chew well, I can eat a cobb salad with light ranch dressing and that goes down pretty good, now I can't eat much in the morning, a shake is about all I can do first thing in the morning, so leave your shakes for the morning meal and Snacks but you need to have a sensible meal maybe around lunch or dinner. Hope this helps glad to see you sticking it out.

I'm not nearly as concerned about calorie level as I am about disordered thinking about food.< /p>

1200 calories may not be the right level for you. It's not for me.

But that's not what is important. What is important is that you are giving yourself really rigid rules that are completely unnecessary---and possibly harmful. Why only Protein Shakes, yogurt, and fruits and veggies? Why not solid Protein? Or legumes and cheese?

When you start assigning "good" and "bad' values to food and eating, I think you can head into trouble pretty quickly. Thinking of meal-skipping as a positive is a red flag for me, too.

This is something I'd talk with your doctor about---getting into therapy sooner rather than later can save you all kinds of trouble down the road.

also, lately i havent been feeling well

i do know, skipping meals and stuff isnt going to make you lose weight..i was just having a bad week

but, i dont know, i think i was scared of something getting stuck or eating too much and i know about serving size.

i'm not a morning person and i usually dont like eating in the morning so i think the Protein Shake idea for morning would be good. i've had the hamburger and cheese with no bread, and once i got the fill i found out i couldnt have bread unless its toasted. i cant keep up with writting the calories and Protein down everyday

i'll leave the Protein Shakes for breakfast and snack before i go to bed.

i dont know, i just feel a little lost in this