Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the women, but Men may answer, please be mature

I have some what of a private question and maybe it is too personal feel free to respond privately.

Anyway for the women in the post op stage can you please tell me how your breast have changed. I am a 44 DD and handle some 42 DDD's. My breast got larger with each of my kids. I'am wondering if after surgery will they go down and when they do will there be excess skin surrounding my breast. Will my breast sag or look droopy, will I need a reduction or lift. Is there an exercise I will be able to do to tighten my breast or the muscle. For the men that have women in their lives, Im curious did your woman's breast feel the same or loose.

I'am also curious about the backside after the weight are any of the women experiencing droopy behinds. or loose behinds. Are control panties neccessary or girdles ?

I know some people that have had the surgery and did no exercising they look great on the outside looking in but their skin feels weak or flimsy kind of like its melting or sinking in. Is this normal? and no one wants to talk about how this surgery may or may not effect certain body parts and intimacy. Im not worried but very curious.

Great question ebonykisses,

I have been wondering the same think also. I have been on the large side all my life, even when i was in highschool 13 years ago i was big breasted. (i was always heavy also)

Thanks

Speaking only from past weight loss (lost 70 lbs a few years ago) my boobs are the first to shrink a bit!! 44DD here and yes, they got smaller and there was extra skin when they did. Wasn't pretty but losing the weight and belly and hips and butt would certainly look better than non wrinkly breasts and fat everywhere else!

I always have had larger breasts, but I've also always been overweight, even as a kid. My mom was a C cup when she was younger and thin, and that was bigger than her mom so I think I would naturally be larger anyway, but probably a D rather than a DD popping out of the cups!

I've already warned my boyfriend about it and he isn't worried. He said he'd like them no matter what! lol

Kinda tough to answer this one because everyone is different, It will depend on how much of your breast is breast tissue and how much is fat. The people with a lot of breast tissue sometimes will still need a reduction and those that had a lot of fat in the breast will most likely need a lift because of excess skin just like other parts of your body it will depend on how much elasticity you have in your skin, there are many things that will factor into it like age and so on. I think in general only time will tell.

As far as the bottom I can only speak for my own non exsitant rear. I never had a large bottom but now I have nothing and yes what little is there is a bit saggy (sad to admit) I am wearing a size 5/6 pants and never leave the house without a shapper on (My granddaughter calls them my tall underwear LOL) because of loose skin on my upper belly. But I would rather deal with these issues then feel the way I did when I weighed 267lbs.

Edited by kimaly

Breast tissue is largely fat---and I've lost quite a lot. That said, I was relatively large-breasted when thin before---and it looks like I will be still. Not a DD, maybe, but a C on on a small frame.

Thing is, they will be significantly...rearranged, I guess...because of the stretching of skin that is not rebounding, as well as by gravity. So I do anticipate the need for reconstruction. Whether that will involve a bit of augmentation, I don't know. So far, it looks like they will still be proportionally large-ish.

You're only 26, so you may be totally fine when all is said & done. I had my surgery at 37 and got to goal at 39, but everything worked out just fine. I've gone from a 40DD to a 34D or DD after losing nearly 80 pounds. For a while, I was worried that I was going to need a lift, but everything eventually snapped back into place. I was so relieved and surprised by this.

As for the bootie, I've been exercising my A off (literally), so it looks good. I've been doing lots of squats, running, yoga and spinning through the last 15 months and that has made a huge difference (I didn't get into exercising in a serious way until about 7 months post-op). I think that using moisturizer every day has helped a bit on the skin front too. I did not wind up with any extra skin.

My doctor had some rule of thumb that related to a number -- I think it was 45. He said that if your BMI or your age is under 45, you probably won't need surgery for extra skin.

Hope that info helps!

Best wishes,

Catherine

I was wonder the same thing! I hope my boobs go down. Im 25 , 5'1 and wearing a 40 ddd. Killing my back!

Sadly, my boobies are keeping even with my waist in the race for the inches- i've lost 5" in both my waist and 5" in my chest. I've from a 46DD to a 42D so far. This makes me sad. DH says he'll just knock me up once I get to goal. And if that doesn't work (ie: my boobs don't get big during pregnancy), he'll buy me some new ones.

thats funny

I like that one too! Good husband!!!:blushing:

i am 46 years old i use to weight 324lbs.i am down to 195.i have lost 129lbs.an my breasts went from a 52DD to a 46DD. so yes they sag but i discovered the (push up bra) an i am living in a whole new world. trust me it brought them back to life.an my (butt)shrunk i am wearing a size 14-16 pants an i am loving it.if you see my before an after picture you will know what i mean.i also had a (beer) belly it also shrunk.i go buy me a girdle of a pair of Spanx an you cannot tell me nothing i just be strutung my stuff.an its works for me.

My wife will kill me if she find out IM talking behind HER back .. I dnt no about the lap band, but my wife had the bypass done. And let me tell you her behind is wow ,but her breast well they do sag, the fullest is also gone. And for the feel part, its does feel different. She mention implants, which is okay with me. But i also told her that i love her not them, but its an woman thing. I KNOW THAT. Now like i said before thats with the bypass. NOT Sure WITH THE LAP BAND By the way she was 278 now shes 163.... Damn !!!! She looks good

Edited by tommygunn49

Sadly, my boobies are keeping even with my waist in the race for the inches- i've lost 5" in both my waist and 5" in my chest. I've from a 46DD to a 42D so far. This makes me sad. DH says he'll just knock me up once I get to goal. And if that doesn't work (ie: my boobs don't get big during pregnancy), he'll buy me some new ones.

:cool2: your response is funny but true. My question is are they still full, are they real to begin with, do they still sit nicely or better? Are they flabby like??

I happen to be a big girl thats pleasantly plumped and beautiful, this surgery is because I have developed 3 lipomas )fatty tumors, non cancerous) that are suppose to dissolve with the weight loss. Oh yea give this to DH :blushing:

My wife will kill me if she find out IM talking behind HER back .. I dnt no about the LAP-BAND®, but my wife had the bypass done. And let me tell you her behind is wow ,but her breast well they do sag, the fullest is also gone. And for the feel part, its does feel different. She mention implants, which is okay with me. But i also told her that i love her not them, but its an woman thing. I KNOW THAT. Now like i said before thats with the bypass. NOT Sure WITH THE LAP-BAND® By the way she was 278 now shes 163.... Damn !!!! She looks good

:wub:I truly love your response and am so glad you decided to respond , your wife is a blessed woman. Thanks for your honest input.

I can't wait to lose my boobs! Im still wearing the bra that I got right after I had my 3rd son and it was like a 54J- yes you read that right. My girls are HUGE! I probably have the wrong size bra on but its comfortable and I didnt want to have to go bra shopping again- it would just make me too depressed. My husband is an a$$ man anyhow so he wont care if the girls shrink.