Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies - where are you?

Hi Everyone!

I was glad to see this posting. Its nice to see how people are doing. I know we all have fallen back from being on the website as much but I too have to remember it is a support group! I think I have 5cc in my band now,and my last fill I could feel a difference. Ive spent the last 5weeks recognizing and asking my self: Am I eating the right food? Is this texture going to work w/ my band? Am I eating too fast? Am I full? Is this too early for me to eat? and recognizing that I eat much better in the evening! All these things I am learning slowly almost like I had an awakening finally. Up until my last fill I didn't feel much different with my fills, but this last one has got me there. I one point I was at 35pounds lost, but last time I checked it was like 32pounds lost. I realized lately that my body could be in starvation mode, not getting enough calories probably and definately not eating enough Protein....so I have focused more on my Protein this week and went back into my exercise routine that for the last 6weeks have slipped. So again this is a journey and it reminds me everyday that I am learning everyday something new about my lapband. We all need to be refocused again on why we did this and where we came from. I'm happy that I had it done....but somewhat remorse that I had to have it done at the same time to loose weight. Goodluck to everyone!:blushing: Keep it going! Be happy to be a LOOSER!:cool2:

Hi everyone!

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I got my band on April 12 and have lost a total of 61 pounds. I have been traveling a lot so my exercise program has been many different hotel tread mills. But my work project is nearly over so off to the gym for me. It was so nice to get home and see all your wonderful progress posted. It has made my day. GO April 10' Bandster Bunnies!!!!!

Stagegirl

Hi all ! I was banded 4/20/10 and have lost 40 lbs since /2/10. NSV is my A1C for my diabetes went from 7.3 in Feb down to 5.9 which is in the normal range. My meds went from 2000 mg to 500 mg and expect to be off diabetes meds in a few months. Blood pressure was even in the low range. I'm off the other 3 meds I was on. I'm excited. Sounds like we're all progressing at our own pace. Keep up the good work everyone.

It is so great to hear from everyone. We are all so successful! It hasn't been easy, but we have stuck it out.

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party::party:

hello fellow bandsters!...i'm still here doing ok...at a standstill right now with weight loss, but hopefully i can get my 2nd fill this week!...i have 3cc's in my 10cc band right now and i have no restriction at all!....hopeing after this week oi'll be back to loosing the weight!...congrats to everyone on such great weight loss numbers! i'm jealous! lolz

Hi Bandster Bunnies! Thanks for checking on us Froggie. I think I am doing very well, though not near the weight loss the rest of you have experienced. I have lost a pretty solid 25 lb since my surgery on April 9th. I have had one fill about one month ago and have very little restriction. My doctor does not tell me how much the fill is. I have MS and am very heat intolerant, so exercise in South Texas during the summertime is almost impossible. Having said that, I think 25 lb weight loss is pretty phenomenal. I just keep plugging along slowly but surely. I am very happy with my band and just happy that the scale is going down instead of up..... even though it is slow.

MellieBellie,

So glad to hear from you! Twenty five pounds is fabulous! I know you have some extra issues to deal with so that is great you have done so well.

It will get better with more restriction. It shows you are dedicated to the process if you are losing without restriction. When you get restriction, you will be amazed.

I cannot even imagine exercising in the Texas heat! When it started heating up here in Kansas, I joined the gym where it is air conditioned. Before I did that, I even went to Walmart and briskly walked the interior perimeter pushing a cart. I figured out that five times around the interior of our Walmart was approximately a mile. (I walked a mile outside as figured by driving my car that route and watching the odometer, then walked the same amount of time in the Walmart). I promised myself I could stop and look at things AFTER I finished my walking. I needed a reward to do the hard part! :thumbup:

How has the weight loss made you feel? Are you seeing improvements? I have a lot less knee pain, better breathing, lots of positives. Hope you are seeing those things. It sure is rewarding to get those improvements.

Keep up the good work and we will all get there! I am so happy for you!

Keep in touch!

Hi there!!! Ok, so although I have been on the site since April, this is my first, yes, FIRST post!!! I tend to search inwardly for inspiration and as of lately have been a bit discouraged.

I was banded April 8th of this year. I am down 25lbs and feel like I have been stuck here for a month. My last fill was a month ago, in which I have a lot of restriction. Most mornings I have to introduce liquids rather slowly and hope for the best at lunch-time and dinner. I am very restricted as far as foods I can eat. Usually no meat, unless it's chicken and its very juicy. I eat salads and softer foods such as yogurt and string cheese. There are days when nearly everything I eat gets stuck,including soft foods or is very painful during the 30 to 40 minutes it takes to digest a bit. So, I am a bit frustrated and don't think a fill is what I need, although I could be wrong.

I have not been journaling what I eat, and from what I have read maybe I should. I am down a few sizes of clothes which is great, but I feel like I am not moving as quickly as others. I do realize everyone is different, and I shouldn't compare. I do though. *smile* ... anyone have any advice that would help me? Foods you enjoy and can eat?

I don't regret the surgery, I think I just need some help.

I'm an April bandster! I'm not on your list because I haven't been around very much, but will be making a concerted effort to get back on here more often.

I was banded on April 20th/10. I'm officially down 61lbs since I started the pre-band liquid diet and I'm pretty happy with that - that's 61lbs in 5 months...not too shabby I think.

:cursing: