Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What will you miss???

he he... i am pre-band and have 1 week to go before my pre-op diet and am currently eating what i want when i want cuz i know that come next Monday i will have to stick to my diet and after i'm banded i just wont be able to eat whatever i want. So the question is "What will you miss eating?" for me it will be just about everything, no for real i will miss: Sushi, hamburgers, sweet breads like doughnuts and cakes. but i know that by not eating these things i will lose weight and improve my life! SO CAN'T WAIT FOR MY BAND!!!:scared2:

Oh dear! My daughter works at BK.. I will miss the Wopper no onions extra pickles, cookie shakes and fries!! It will be so worth it though!:cursing:

wow, i will miss fried chicken, steak,spaghetti, rice, burgers. ill be banded next week so im eating all these things...

I'm banded next Wed and will miss fried fish. I'm miserable on this Optifast liquid diet. How is day one of surgery?

You guys are so lucky to have time for one last binge of all your favorite foods! I found out on a Monday morning that I would be having surgery the next Monday morning, so I had to stop eating immediately. I thought my surgery wouldn't be for a couple of weeks and I would have that last hoorah!! I want fried chicken, white castles, open face beef smothered in gravy, mcdonald's fries, steak n shake, Pasta with white sauce. Boy, you name it, I wish I could have had it before my surgery. Maybe it's best this way. I probably would have just added another 10 lbs to get rid of. But oh, how I would have enjoyed myself!

This newbie does not miss anything yet. I am welcoming the changes taking place in my body and more importantly in my head right now. If I get a craving that I cave on, so be it. It's what we do next that will set us apart from the past. I'm trying to stay focused on the emerging new me, not foods that were bad for me and drove me to the drastic point of surgery.

PS I do miss my coffee...but am amazed and surprised to learn that I have more energy without it :(

Now that I'm healed I have just about anything I want. It's amazing - I can have just one or two bites of my favorite things and feel satisfied. I used to eat massive quantities of food. It's hard to get used to the new way of eating, but it's been wonderful so far.

Can't help but warn you that the band won't eliminate your cravings for those foods. It isn't like a light switch. All the food demons you have now will follow you into bandland.

You'll have to manage those demons or you'll be eating and cheating in short order. The band is only a tool and it can be manipulated to eat all of the things you mentioned.

Good luck and stay focused on the goal!

Brad

Can't help but warn you that the band won't eliminate your cravings for those foods. It isn't like a light switch. All the food demons you have now will follow you into bandland.

You'll have to manage those demons or you'll be eating and cheating in short order. The band is only a tool and it can be manipulated to eat all of the things you mentioned.

Good luck and stay focused on the goal!

Brad

im being banded on the 8th aug starting my preop diet 2mrw :rolleyes2:

im being banded on the 8th aug starting my preop diet 2mrw :w00t:

Just remind yourself constantly why you are doing this. Stay focused and you will do fine. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. :rolleyes2:

Brad

I will miss pizza!

What I will miss after: fajita's, spaghetti, chewy bread and butter, Peanut Butter cups.. lots of stuff!

What I miss now: Walking up a couple of flights and still being able to breathe, feeling graceful, shopping in the "regular" department, running a few steps, carrying my grandchild all the way in from the car, hiking, traveling comfortably, getting in and out of the bathtub easily.. lots of stuff!

:rolleyes2:

Getting banded is not about completely giving up foods you love. It's about learning to have them very occasionally and in moderation. I have been banded since May 13. Most days, I still count calories and watch what I eat. I drink Water or sugar free beverages. It's amazing how many calories are wasted in soft drinks! I have to admit that I have days where I eat things that I love and I still have an OCCASIONAL sweet tea.

Bambam is so right about the band not getting rid of cravings. They are always there. Once the weight started falling off, I found the cravings easier to control.

I will say that one thing I do miss is an occasional root beer cuz carbonated beverages are a definite no no!

:rolleyes2::eek:Hi, Very boring, but I will really miss "bread" adn crusty rolls. I have been told that this is a food to watch when eating, but it's something when dieting I have needed to cut down or completely out anyway. Cheers Tomorrow is the big day!