Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Ok 3 days since surgery, still have that pocket of air that I spoke about earlier today and if I could burp like my hubby I too would feel better! Dont know why it is there, but it is..I havent figured out anything to do about that yet!

The pain that some of you are saying is in the arms, shoulders etc I am sure it is gas.

Yesterday I drove to the grocery store and walked around for about 15 minutes did my steps going upstairs and down (20 steps each way) total of 6 times and took no pain meds since 3 yesterday afternoon.

Today I went looking for a new couch..only made it to two stores then came home (nope didnt find the couch I wanted and I got tired) folded and hung 4 loads of laundry-the kids set if on my bed so I could get it a little easier. They carried the clothes to the closets for me. I just got out of the shower and continue to pass gas. I read on here that someone said walking was the best thing for it, it DEFINITELY helps and once you can get that moving you will have significant relief in your stomach!

I had a Protein Shake and a 1/2 yogurt today along with all my fluids, working on another glass of Water now. I go in for my recheck on Oct 5th and am excited. Now that I have accomplished something today I feel even better! :biggrin:

Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble taking deep breaths. It is very painful if I yawn and try to breath deeply. The pain radiates around my ribs and my back.. Didn't know if it is just gas or problem with my lungs. Any advice appreciated please. Thanks

banded 9/9

losing weight slowly but surely. haven't had my fill yet

Weight-loss-center.net - Your best free resource for weight loss

095f459a6f0d591_black.gif

Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble taking deep breaths. It is very painful if I yawn and try to breath deeply. The pain radiates around my ribs and my back.. Didn't know if it is just gas or problem with my lungs. Any advice appreciated please. Thanks

A few days after my surgery I had the same thing. It hurt to take a deep breath. I took some pain meds (the Lortab) and eventually it went away. I would call the doctor if it lasts more than a day.

Hi everyone

I had that problem to and when I would burb it hurt to mostly in my back like someone was stabbing me. Took about 3 or 4 days to clear up. But if it keeps up call your Doctor just to make sure all is ok.

Does anyone know how to get yourself off of a thread that you've subscribed to? I'm such a dork.

I know everyone is different and every dr is different but I was banded on 9/22 and outside of some discomfort (yesterday and today were really pretty good I even drove to the grocery store yesterday) I was told to start adding soft foods in within the first couple of days.

I would just like to hear what others are doing this early!! Thanks so much!

The way things work for me - I was on a 2 week pre-op diet that was mainly based off fresh/frozen veggies - no corn, potatos, peas, dry Beans. I could have chicken, or mahi-mahi, tuna, or cod - no butter, salt, oil.. I could have eggs, no cheese. On the day of surgery, I could have basically Water or ice chips. Days 1 and 2 after surgery - Dr recommends Clear liquids, broth, juice, sf popcicles, sf Jello.

Days 2 and 3 after surgery, I can move to full liquids.. cream based Soups, pureed and strained, ff/sf pudding, low fat yougurt, cream of wheat, low sodium veggie juice..

8 days after sugery is when I can move to soft, diced, and ground meats, soft cheeses, cooked Beans, added gravy to make things soft... then if all that is well tolerated - then I can start adding in well cooked veggies and peeled fruit..

Right now I am 3 days post op and I had a few bites of Cream of Wheat for Breakfast, and didnt feel as if I could get anything else down. Today was also the first day for Vitamins.. if I took a sip of any Fluid today, it seemed "frothy" in the back of my throat. Dont know if anyone has experienced this?? I feel only one of my incisions - and its NAGGING... it feels as if the stitches pull when ever I stand or sit, or just try and get comfortable. I did a little shopping today - and tired very quickly. For lunch I tried drinking a protien shake - I felt as if I was constantly choking on it... and for dinner I had a few spoonfuls of cream of brocolli Soup, pureed. And a bite of greek yougurt. I still have that "elephant on my chest" feeling.. but I am hoping that will pass..

Does anyone know how to get yourself off of a thread that you've subscribed to? I'm such a dork.

HippieChick If at the top of the page you go to Quick Links, under miscellaneous click on "Subscribed Threads" It will take you to a page which will list all the treads you are subscribed to...

On the far right check the box of the threads that you wish to unsubscribe to... and in the lower right hand corner there is a drop down menu where you can "delete subscription" That should do it for you... :biggrin:

Ok 3 days since surgery, still have that pocket of air that I spoke about earlier today and if I could burp like my hubby I too would feel better! Dont know why it is there, but it is..I havent figured out anything to do about that yet!

The pain that some of you are saying is in the arms, shoulders etc I am sure it is gas.

Yesterday I drove to the grocery store and walked around for about 15 minutes did my steps going upstairs and down (20 steps each way) total of 6 times and took no pain meds since 3 yesterday afternoon.

Today I went looking for a new couch..only made it to two stores then came home (nope didnt find the couch I wanted and I got tired) folded and hung 4 loads of laundry-the kids set if on my bed so I could get it a little easier. They carried the clothes to the closets for me. I just got out of the shower and continue to pass gas. I read on here that someone said walking was the best thing for it, it DEFINITELY helps and once you can get that moving you will have significant relief in your stomach!

I had a Protein shake and a 1/2 yogurt today along with all my fluids, working on another glass of Water now. I go in for my recheck on Oct 5th and am excited. Now that I have accomplished something today I feel even better! :biggrin:

WOW u have alot of energy!! Awesome. Today I had Egg Beaters for the first time, with cheese- really good. I did buy some Baby turkey dinner, and guess will mix that with mashed potatoes. It was hard to get moving, even though it did help.

I had a Protein shake and a 1/2 yogurt today along with all my fluids, working on another glass of Water now. I go in for my recheck on Oct 5th and am excited. Now that I have accomplished something today I feel even better! :biggrin:

You are doing great!!! I can only hope I will do half as well as you are! It is very encouraging to hear. Don't over-do....but congratulations on your road to a new life! I'll be right behind you.:crying:

ok i'm at the airport, here i go, tomorrow's my day, i feel scared and nervous.

Well tomorrow is my big day as well!!! I can't believe that its finally here...reading all these posts have helped me so much during this pre-op time!

It's comforting to know that these "day before" crazy emotions are normal...(excited, scared, nervous, terrified..lol)

Good luck Lisa A and anyone else getting banded tomorrow!! See ya on the other side :biggrin:

ok i'm at the airport, here i go, tomorrow's my day, i feel scared and nervous.

You'll do great, Lisa! Just spend tonight reading your book or whatever else you bought to distract you and you'll be home with a band before you know it!

Hocuspocus I have the same problem. Thought it was just me. I will ask when I go for my appt next wk. I'm 10 days post op. Also I let out a sneeze and it hurt so bad. Was wondering if port tubing touching something I don't k ow. Friend of mine said just give it time cause they go in there an move around things during the surgery. Please let me know I u find out before I do

Hi everyone

Hi hocus,

I had the same very painful to take deep breaths. I'm 5 days out and every once in a while I am able to get the deep breaths and then sometimes the pain still doesn't allow it. The pain meds should help. It comes back once the meds wear off. I think we all heal differently and it might just be a combination of all that was done. I wouldn't worry about it unless you still can't breathe deep after a week. I'm no doctor but this all seems "normal". Make sure not to worry yourself about it, that definately will make it worse. Otherwise you are doing alright?

Brenda