Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Yeah S.O.Zen- that is great, you rock. I can't imagine the 250's it's been at least that long for me. a couple weeks is worth it if the docs or you think it's best. man - maybe though you'll be less likely to get an infection? but the gas from being stopped up, have you tried Fiber. My preop diet has me going less as I'm eating less but the nutritionist has me on fiber pills twice a day also. I don't know about livers but I like milk thistle tincture or tea for helping cleanse the liver. Maybe consider some acidophiles too cause of all the antibiotics etc, maybe it will get your colon flora back to normal.

anyway it will happen, no worries.

Yeah S.O.Zen- that is great, you rock. I can't imagine the 250's it's been at least that long for me. a couple weeks is worth it if the docs or you think it's best. man - maybe though you'll be less likely to get an infection? but the gas from being stopped up, have you tried fiber. My preop diet has me going less as I'm eating less but the nutritionist has me on fiber pills twice a day also. I don't know about livers but I like milk thistle tincture or tea for helping cleanse the liver. Maybe consider some acidophiles too cause of all the antibiotics etc, maybe it will get your colon flora back to normal.

You're awesome Lisa. Thanks for the support and the suggestions.

I am wearing a pair of pants today that I haven't worn in I don't even know how long. A long time. That makes all of this worth it to me :thumbup:

stateofzen- thats awesome on the weight loss! Congratulations! What a great job! :tongue2: As far as the sickness, I hope you get better fast! I think you have the right mindset. If anything, it will be put off for a couple weeks, but it will happen. Your health is first priority! But I'm sure you'll still be able to get it as scheduled! Hang in there! :thumbup:

Lisa- I know its scary to be so far from your family but this is something that will be helpful for them too! Its only a few days and its only a few hours flight (no like 24 to go to austrailia or something). Its great that your hubby is so supportive! Sure, its a lot of money to dish out but think about long term, the money you will save by being healthy! Im sure your hubby feels, just as I believe, that there is no better investment then yourself... and you are an investment to your family!

Edited by danide

Tiffany we have the same date (September 22nd) 2 weeks from today, I love that I can keep on track with same day bandsters!

Sounds great, highlojack! Let's Do This!!!

I have my last supervised diet visit on 8/12. I hope Cigna doesn't take to long to approve my surgery. I'm hoping and praying to be banded in September.

This has been the longest 6 months of my life!!!!!!

I had to wait 6 months as well. i think it takes for every. i am now on a liquid diet scheduled for surgery for 09-16-2010 3pm at tampa general hospital in tampa fla. :thumbup:

Good morning!

Ok, I need to vent some fears I have now that I'm less than a week away from my surgery. It's not that I'm scared of the surgery-- I'm scared I won't get to have it as scheduled!

I've been sick for a full two weeks as of tomorrow, and finishing up a 10-day run of antibiotics today. Problem is, I'm still having to take tons of medicine because I don't think the antibiotics have killed my infection (sinus)-- helped tremendously, but I still have throat and ear pain if I don't take ibuprofen or tylenol every 6 hours. I worry a LOT about what my liver must look like after two weeks of round-the-clock cold medicine, pain medicine, antibiotics, and prescription antihistamines and there is no way to know until Wednesday, when I go in for all of my pre-op work in anticipation of surgery Friday.

And then there's the TMI-- since I started the antibiotics, etc., I have had nothing but the big D happening in the bathroom. You should hear my stomach gurgling through the day (or not). This just seems like a bad way to be before I even get the band.

I guess the worst thing that could happen is that I have to put off the surgery for a few weeks. It would be disappointing, but not the end of the world. it's just hard, now that it is so close after SOOO long, to think it might not happen.

The good news is that for the past two days I've weighed in at 261, which means I am officially down 32 pounds from my high weight of 293 a year ago, and 15 pounds down since I started my unofficial pre-op diet August 10th. I'm praying that I'll be in the 250s before my surgery, something I haven't seen on the scale in probably 6 years if not more.

Hey there! I too fought off a sinus infection within a week of surgery. Took a full round of antibiotics and Tylenol and the works. Not to mention immodium for the big D!!!

I hope your doc gives you the go ahead, I just had to be without fever for three days before surgery. I will keep you in prayer to get well soon!

I am day 2 post op and the gas is killing me. I wretch and then bring up a big old burp. Any words of wisdom for how to get rid of the gas. I am so restless and can't get comfortable.

WALK. WALK. WALK... and maybe some Gas X strips. Walking helps equalize you up and helps move the gas around and out. Gas X strips which disolve on your tongue work for some and don't work for others.

-Brian :thumbup:

Well yesterday I had a weak day / weakness in my resolve. Being homebound for the last 4 days I was getting a little stir crazy plus a little cranky. Today I will take my first shower & clean myself up ( yeah I am gross & disgusting now - but I clean up well ). My doctor recommends 2 days without a shower / 2 weeks without a bath and since I am taking this super serious / taking the aggressive route on my Realize band treatment I decided to wait 2 days more.

Yesterday I just started to feel a little depressed / lost because I realized I could not and would not be RELYING on FOOD for comfort and joy anymore. I have done it my whole life like I am sure most of you guys out there have done too. It was weird / sad / depressing and considering I was alone all day yesterday I got a little depressed BUT being banded I knew I couldn't fall back on food - and that was a relief. After about a couple of hours it went away and now I feel good again. Things in my life are changing. I now know I can not and will not go back. I have a big $16,000 reminder and big stopper in my stomach that won't let me forget ! I also realize ( no pun intended :thumbup: ) that the comfort and joy of food is false and hollow compared to the better life ahead. A cheeseburger compared to a better life ... I'll take the better life.

-Brian :tongue2:

Hi Brian: Thanks for the advise, I stopped drinking both diet coke and coffee (starbucks must hate me but my wallet thanks me:smile:) about 2 months ago. So I drink crystal light but I have only been drinking about 16oz since I started my pre-diet so I do need to drink more Water.< /p>

Just remember that when we used to stop and buy a hamburger or something fast at least for me I felt guily afterwards...you have the control and the tool to help you.. go out for a walk or maybe to the bookstore, browse around ( I can spend hours at a bookstore) and hopefully the mental feeling of wanting to eat will disapear... good luck

Now off to the gym since I haven't gone since Wed...

So feeling a bit down because my husband has to work the day of my surgery:frown: he has some training he has to do so no way he can miss it... but I am not about to re-schedule this surgery...

So feeling a bit down because my husband has to work the day of my surgery:frown: he has some training he has to do so no way he can miss it... but I am not about to re-schedule this surgery...

Hi Mom05:

Are you a Navy Wife ? I noticed San Diego.< /p>

-Brian :thumbup:

Yeah S.O.Zen- that is great, you rock. I can't imagine the 250's it's been at least that long for me. a couple weeks is worth it if the docs or you think it's best. man - maybe though you'll be less likely to get an infection? but the gas from being stopped up, have you tried fiber. My preop diet has me going less as I'm eating less but the nutritionist has me on fiber pills twice a day also. I don't know about livers but I like milk thistle tincture or tea for helping cleanse the liver. Maybe consider some acidophiles too cause of all the antibiotics etc, maybe it will get your colon flora back to normal.

Why are you going to mexico, if you don't mind me asking?

Our Special Dates:

Today: none

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 13 - lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10, CalaCake, bandalley, RN.Violet, SarahMarie123, glitteryvampiregirl, ConB113, lovemysgt

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily, WAH.MOM, purplevix, Angel82

September 15 - Kysmith72, piperboo, leeblewb

September 16 - sunny day, fldanny, kimmila, onceuponaband, kissalovoe, matzobeans, sugarmoma, stephanie24p, lauravarley, donna niemi*

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra, blondeej, vega1star, helgainaz, AnnaOz, MrsFitand42, maxi2010, risenhour1, maxi2010, jakealta*, CdnBlondie

NEXT WEEK:

September 20 - RACandler, mytrice, Natalka, lbtss16, shellyh

September 21 - angellegna29, krieck, wishful-thinking, ledgins, HAD_ENOUGH

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830, highlojack, Scarred4Life, highlojack

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010, hocuspocus, mrsmontero12607

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl

September 25 - candy Rain

FOLLOWING WEEK:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA (leaving for Mexico on the 26th), ocbutterfly, david314, wendyhart

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80, Paigey

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy, Foxracing1201, chriper

September 30 - sourmissg, mrsbure, cndalbs, qtney1

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

sarwenc

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

41 have crossed over to Band Land:

1reign - from FL

ahlmanfamily - from MA

aliciaj - from PA

ally UK - from England

angelpix - from MN

BandedNellie - from CT

Brian-LA - Brian from LA

Butterfly2010 - from NC

cece1967 -from CA

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

danide - Danielle from NY

Desiree1972 - from GA

donnalys - from AL

drm1123 - from NY

Esin - from London, England

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

gracerev - Pastor from GA

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

jlr58 - from NJ

jmariedel - from VA

jshort - Jennifer from MO

kydman - from KY

LadyT39 - from FL

Lanah - from TX

lemonchick - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

Mandyrae - from TX

missjoany - from NC

msmith73 - from NH

Nani4five - from MI

NYsLegend78 - from NJ

Olsweetmusic - from FL

playermimi - from MA

pooky032281 - from OK

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

Run Girl Run - from MO

sannersplace72 - Sandy from MD

shushuandanniesmom - Jamie from IL

spitfireleo - from MA

stephanie1975 - from Victoria, Canada

swissnis - from IL

Edited by Banded-Sept-2010

Is being a couple of day I been reading the thread, but had not opted to post till I actually start my pre op diet.

Today is my first day going smooth so far.

I am schedule to have my gallbladder remove on the 23rd, so I can get my band on the 27th.

I can not wait to finally start in this journey!

Hi Highlojack.

Here is my complete instructions for getting the ticker as your signature. I hope this has your answer:

1. Go to www.tickerfactory.com

2. Click on Weightloss

3. Select a ticker ruler. Veiw all available by clicking on the page numbers. Once you have selected the one you want to use, click Next.

4. Select a ticker slider. Veiw all available by clicking on the page numbers. Once you have selected the one you want to use, click Next.

5. Select the measure of weight that you use. (pounds or kilograms)

6.If you wish the ticker to show your current weight and count down to your goal weight, select Weight.

7. If you wish the ticker to show only the amount of weight you wish to lose and how much you've lost, (not your current or goal weight) select Weight Change.

8. Enter your starting, current and goal weights, and then click Next.

9. You will now be on the final page with the codes to copy for pasting into your signature line on LBT.

There are a couple of ways put the code into your signature line on LBT. Here is one option...

1. Highlight the text in the bbCode box, leaving off the URL codes. See diagram below:

2. Go to LBT and click on the Quick Links button at the top of the page, select Edit Signature.

3. Click in your signature box and type Ctrl+V to paste it in.

(Ctrl+V or Ctrl+A or Ctrl+C all mean to hold down the Ctrl and specified letter key at the same time)

Another option for pasting the ticker code into your signature line:

1. Highlight and copy all of the text in the url box like this:

2. Go to LBT and click on the Quick Links button at the top of the page, select Edit Signature.

3. Select Edit Signature.

4. Click on the Insert Image icon like this:

5. Before clicking in the box below "Please enter the URL for your image:" hit your delete or backspace button on your keyboard to clear the box.

6. Click inside the box and type Ctrl+V to paste in the copied url. Then click Ok. This will place the ticker into the signature line.

Now click on Preview Signature to see if everything is how you want it. If it is, click on Save Signature.