Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

I have my surgery set for next friday September 17th. I went for my pre-op testing today. Getting a nervous, I've been going through this process for about 6 months now & I must say other than playing the waiting game its been relatively painless. My insurance came through very quickly. I'm currently on my 2 weeks of liquid only diet. I thought motherhood was tough!! WOW!!! BUT i've already lost 12lbs so counting down the days....

I was wondering what your doctor told you to do with your incision site after surgery? I was banded on 9/7/10 and I am not sure when my dr said to remove the liquid bandage..or it appears to be a liquid bandage...site is sore still and swollen. I was pretty drugged up when he told me what to do and I can't find it written down on my discharge paperwork. Of course the dr's office is closed and it's the weekend.

Thanks,

Sandy

I was wondering what your doctor told you to do with your incision site after surgery? I was banded on 9/7/10 and I am not sure when my dr said to remove the liquid bandage..or it appears to be a liquid bandage...site is sore still and swollen. I was pretty drugged up when he told me what to do and I can't find it written down on my discharge paperwork. Of course the dr's office is closed and it's the weekend.

Thanks,

Sandy

My incisions were covered with steri-strips, and I was told to leave them be until they fell off on their own. If they used a liquid bandage, I would just leave it. You're only a couple days post-op, that skin could still separate and cause you problems. My doc has an answering service that pages him when patients have questions...have you tried calling the office number to see if your doc has something like that?

Hi everyone, glad to hear that everyone postop is doing pretty well. Well -- they submitted to insurance yesterday and today I GOT APPROVED!! So relieved but now a little nervous. At least this time when I start my preop on Monday I should be able to have surgery as scheduled -- my date is Sept 27th.

Thanks for all the prayers - I continue to pray for all of you as well. Sorry I don't post many individual replies to each person - I do read everyones posts but I usually only have about 5 - 10 minutes to get on here at night after I get my munchkins to bed.

I guess it's safe to update my signature again. I was afraid to before I had approval -- I would have been too disappointed if I had to remove another surgery date. LOL Glad I can still be part of the September Sweeties group!!!

take care everyone. God Bless Wendy

Just trying to see how I'm doing with signature and stuff

Thanks pooky032281 for your response. I wasn't sure if that was something I should bother him with. I will give the service a call and see what they say tomorrow. It still seems tender and I guess he used a marker because I see some dark areas, but not sure if I should be concerned about it.

Thanks,

Sandy

I also have my incisions glued (doc called it glue) She told me not to mess with them and we will look at it at my 2 week checkup... I would assume maybe they fall off after awhile? yeah its way too soon to take them off.

I never thought of myself as computer illiterate until I came to this site. I'd really like a snazzy profile, so you guys will have to put up with me a little longer. My tickler won't come out with the black backround and I'm trying to work on my signature....... I'm really smart, really I am!!!! Fat, but smart! lol I'll figure it out, bear with me! In the meantime I'm reading everyone's post and loving it, once I get organized here I'll chime right in!

I never thought of myself as computer illiterate until I came to this site. I'd really like a snazzy profile, so you guys will have to put up with me a little longer. My tickler won't come out with the black backround and I'm trying to work on my signature....... I'm really smart, really I am!!!! Fat, but smart! lol I'll figure it out, bear with me! In the meantime I'm reading everyone's post and loving it, once I get organized here I'll chime right in!

trying again before bed, yup I'm persistant

OK any help with the tickler issues, I'm on the website, I pasted the url and it tells me unauthorized blah blah , so i cut and pasted the picture, but that won't do me anygood when it comes time to track my weight loss! I'm soooo confused! Is there an instant messaging thing on this site? That sure would help..... sorry! The biggest issue is getting it to automatically post here in my signature, and if you look at the color of the numbers on my bmi, it is too light, HELP please! Am I the only one so dumb???? lol

Edited by highlojack
cuz

Hi Cathy ! So how are you doing ? Well on Day 2 Post Op Evening I feel about 93 %. I have not taken any pain killers / anti-nausea pills since yesterday morning. I have little bit of a sore throat from the breathing tube but my stomach is mostly pain / ache free.

ONE BIG NOTICE ! I think I know what restriction feels like ! Its aint good :w00t: . I just did a small light Soup / all liquid and did some of my normal prescription meds when I felt REALLY REALLY full. I felt like I wanted to throw up ! It was kinda cool actually in that if this is it - I AM GOING TO BE THE NEXT KATE MOSS !!! :smile::smile2::bored: Because I won't be overating at all. :lol: Just kidding. But I did feel full and then I felt a little bursting / wanting to throw up ... I did let out a burp and it and I started to spit up some saliva into a nearby trash can to just get stuff out of my mouth. Anyway if that is restriction it will be a great motivator NOT to overeat because you will know it when it happens and it stops you cold.

-Brian

Edited by Brian-LA

Thanks,

Sandy

HI Sandy - LEAVE THEM ALONE !!! My Doctor gave me a a gastric Banding Manual it says the glue falls off by itself when it ready to fall off. Pealing them off so soon after surgery opens you up to trouble / infection/ LEAVE THEM ALONE.

-Brian

Maybe this will help.

Go to www. tickerfactory. com

Flip through the many pages of ticker rulers.

Once you find one you like, select the radio button to the left.

Press Next

Select a ticker marker that will move across the top of your banner, by marking the radio button to the left.

Press Next

Enter a password/pin in the box

Select the Public data radio button

Choose if you want to track your weight change, weight or waist.

Enter your target weight

Enter your current weight

Enter todays date

Press Next

If you like the ticker that you have created, then highlight and copy the bbcode (first box).

Now go back into Lap Band Talk

sign in

Click on "User CP" near the top left (under the pictures).

Click "Edit Signature" (3rd section down left column)

A little box will pop up like the ones do when we post.

Type a little message in the box. (mine says when I started, when I was approved and surgery date).

Once you have something typed then skip down a few spaces(by pressing the enter button), then paste the bbcode in that same box.

Now without pressing any other options, hit the Preview Signature button at the bottom.

If you like what you see, then press the Save Signature button.

It's done.

Before you leave the ticker website, there is a blue hyperlink that states, "IMPORTANT: To update your ticker, click on it or bookmark this web address:"

Click and Save this page in your favorites.

When you want to update your weight loss, go find the link in your favorites, enter your password and press enter. Then update your new figures. Press the next button. Your done.

You won't have to cut or paste anything else. By updating with the password/pin, tickerfactory will automatically update the changes on your signature page.

Hopefully this well help.

Good Luck.

Cathy

I too thought I knew my way around the computer. I can't even get my ticker here, much less with a black background!!

:smile:

Hi Cathy ! So how are you doing ? Well on Day 2 Post Op Evening I feel about 93 %. I have not taken any pain killers / anti-nausea pills since yesterday morning. I have little bit of a sore throat from the breathing tube but my stomach is mostly pain / ache free.

ONE BIG NOTICE ! I think I know what restriction feels like ! Its aint good :w00t: . I just did a small light Soup / all liquid and did some of my normal prescription meds when I felt REALLY REALLY full. I felt like I wanted to throw up ! It was kinda cool actually in that if this is it - I AM GOING TO BE THE NEXT KATE MOSS !!! :smile::smile2::bored: Because I won't be overating at all. :lol: Just kidding. But I did feel full and then I felt a little bursting / wanting to throw up ... I did let out a burp and it and I started to spit up some saliva into a nearby trash can to just get stuff out of my mouth. Anyway if that is restriction it will be a great motivator NOT to overeat because you will know it when it happens and it stops you cold.

-Brian

Hi Brian,

I am doing great. Back to 100%.

Do you have any saline solution in your band?

My doctor left mine wide open and once I was started healing, I have noticed my hunger pains returning. Week 2 really put me back to the test of having to control my appetite. I wish I had some restriction that I could notice.

Are you going to be the first to vomit?:lol:

Cathy

checking to see if it worked!!!:smile: