Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Cathy - I am so impressed with how well you keep up with everyone! Thank you for that

Good luck to all crossing over today and tomorrow!!!!!!

How exciting

I am on a clear liquid diet for the next two days and then Friday is my big day. Jello, broth and Water - here I come :)

I haven't told my 14 year old yet - I don't want him to worry - any advice?

Hi, I am new. Surgery is the 16th. I am having EGD tomorrow.

Hi lauravarley ! The EGD is nothing. Seriously I got scoped a week ago and I seemed more nervous about that then my Lap Band today. Anyway here is my EGD story... they wheeled me into the Procedure room it was 1:27pm... I was looking at the clock... next thing I know I was being told to wake up ! wake up ! and then I look at the clock and it was 1:38pm !!! I don't even remember getting knocked out ( I was under sedation ). It was actually very cool and I was amazed I was out / knocked out without knowing and then I was amazed that I was basically fully alert and actually even refreshed after 11 missing minutes. I felt like saying lets do it again.

-Brian :)

Thanks Brian, best of luck today! Crazy as it sounds I am more nervous about the IV than the EGD or lap band surgery itself! I hate needles! After four kids and three c sections you think that would be the least of my worries! Also, has anybody felt they were too lax about recovery time? I guess I figure after 3 c sections I can handle anything. I am worried I am not being realistic about my recovery time, telling everyone "oh, I will be fine."

Thanks Brian, best of luck today! Crazy as it sounds I am more nervous about the IV than the EGD or lap band surgery itself! I hate needles! After four kids and three c sections you think that would be the least of my worries! Also, has anybody felt they were too lax about recovery time? I guess I figure after 3 c sections I can handle anything. I am worried I am not being realistic about my recovery time, telling everyone "oh, I will be fine."

Thanks Brian, best of luck today! Crazy as it sounds I am more nervous about the IV than the EGD or LAP-BAND® surgery itself! I hate needles! After four kids and three c sections you think that would be the least of my worries! Also, has anybody felt they were too lax about recovery time? I guess I figure after 3 c sections I can handle anything. I am worried I am not being realistic about my recovery time, telling everyone "oh, I will be fine."

I totally agree on the recovery time. I'm having the surgery next Friday and am going back to work on Monday. Unless something goes wrong, everything I've read tells me I should be fine with the type of job I have. But I see everyone else taking time off work and thinking maybe I'm crazy! Still, I've had laproscopic surgery before (gall bladder) and recovery was quick so I'm sort of counting on the same here.

We shall see, I guess!

Can't wait to hear from today's bandsters on the other side-- happy surgery, guys and gals!

Edited by stateofzen
add

My first day of the pre-op diet and it has been difficult but I am trying very hard to stick to it. I hope it gets easier:redface:

Cathy: let us know how your first fill went...I keep thinking of that as well and I then I think maybe I won't need a fill but I know that won't happen I need to be realistic.

has anyone here smoked prior to surgery and if so what did you have to do to quit? i am also worried a bit about the eating, and the gas pains that i have read about. i don't have a gallbladder so i guess its no worse than that...i hope not..lol..

I smoked for 17 years and quit in May. The choice was simple for me. I am having the lapband placed to prolong my life and to enjoy life more. I know that smoking would just contradict the reasons for me to undergo the proceedure. So, for me, the choice was easy.. its the actual quitting that takes self control! :blush:

I quit cold turkey. I set a date, and when that date came - I was done. Not to say that at 11:55pm the day before I wasnt outside hot-boxing a cigarette right up to the filter.

You can do it! You may crave a cigarette here and again, but just think of the benifits you will reap! :)

I've got my date!! You can add me to September 22nd! Yay!!

No worries about the EGD it'll be fine and over before you know it . I had mine yesterday and I am actually put out for mine which i have to have every two years due to family history stuff. The most that'll happen is that you may be very tired the rest of the day and want to sleep. don't plan on driving the rest of the day or night just plan on taking over your couch :couch2:

I also started my 13 day liquid diet yesterday which is required by my Doc. the only solids i am getting is a small banana :bananapartyhat:a day if i choose that for my portion of fruit snack, but other then that it's instant Breakfast 3x daily with smart milk, crystal light iced tea and broth, and Jello. O wait i almost forgot i actually get a snack of sugar free freeze pops LOL.. yummm! My surgery date is sept 20 !! finally! I've been waiting since december !

:blushing:

LOL i just love the little smiley's in life !

I smoked for 17 years and quit in May. The choice was simple for me. I am having the LAP-BAND® placed to prolong my life and to enjoy life more. I know that smoking would just contradict the reasons for me to undergo the proceedure. So, for me, the choice was easy.. its the actual quitting that takes self control! :smile2:

I quit cold turkey. I set a date, and when that date came - I was done. Not to say that at 11:55pm the day before I wasnt outside hot-boxing a cigarette right up to the filter.

You can do it! You may crave a cigarette here and again, but just think of the benifits you will reap! :blushing:

WTG ! I quite smoking also in may.. May 5th to be exact! it was the day i got admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and was there for 6 days on oxygen. My surgeon said no smoking or no surgery. so i vowed to never smoke again and havn't.. GOOD JOB!:couch2:

Had my pre-op appointments yesterday which laster FOREVER! My 1st appt. was at 12:45 and I didn't leave the hospital until 5:30! I was so tired and hungry! My pre-op diet hasn't been too bad. Sugar Busters is fairly easy, and I have lost 12 lbs in 6 days, WHOOP WHOOP!

So, the Dr. Bagnato's office called me this morning and asked if I wanted to move my date to Friday...REALLY? I jumped on it, only to realize 30 seconds later that my husband and I are taking the kids out of town this weekend and they are really looking forward to it. So, date is still the 23rd, but it is coming fast.

Hope everyone is doing well with their new bands, their pre-op diets and their nerves!!!

had my surgery yesterday and just got back from the hospital today, boy am I tired and sore.

WTG ! I quite smoking also in may.. May 5th to be exact!

Yay! Shelly!! I quit May 11th - that was my first non-smoking day... Look at us go! We SO rock! Great Job - WE CAN DO THIS!! :blushing:

Scarred- welcome and woowww we are date twins (along with a few more of us)! Just think- 4 more days!

I guess at this point I just hope that there are no complications and they send me home that same day so then maybe I can save a couple thousand. :couch2: But this is my life, my health, my future, my happiness. I really gotta keep that in mind. That stuff is priceless right...... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Okay Im okay now.... Thanks:lol:

Hey Danielle!

My appointment yesterday was to set my surgery date (Sept.22nd - whoot! whoot!) I certainly hope everything went well for you yesterday!

I understand your rant about self-doubting because of the cash... but no amount of money is worth more than the self assurance we are going to gain with looking and feeling better! :blushing: The way I see it, I always seem to put everyone else first in life - this time?? I am doing something for ME! and lets face it - everyone who matters will benefit from it too. Money is money - we cant take it with us when we go - so lets live it up while we are still alive! :smile2:

~Tiffany