Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Our Special Dates:

Today:

Good luck Jennifer (jshort)

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 1 - BandedNellie, karmaandkismet, cece1967

September 2 - rkwilliams1013, Run Girl Run, pooky032281, ahlmanfamily, Loyalfriend, spitfireleo, Lanah, kydman*

September 3 - Freshstart2010, gracerev, ILUVFOOD, Esin*

Next Week:

September 7 - danide, Nani4five, sannersplace72, swissnis, playermimi, msmith73*

September 8 - NYsLegend78, donnalys, LadyT39, 1reign*

September 9 - Butterfly2010, aliciaj, Olsweetmusic

September 10 - jlr58, ally UK, angelpix, jmariedel, jlr58

Third Week:

September 13 - lillyegg, debrarh, ready4change10, CalaCake

September 14 - KAS1971, TheMaxwellFamily, WAH.MOM, purplevix, Angel82

September 15 - Kysmith72, piperboo, leeblewb*

September 16 - sunny day, fldanny, kimmila, onceuponaband, kissalovoe, matzobeans*

September 17 - Stateofzen, hserrra, blondeej, vega1star, helgainaz

Fourth Week:

September 20 - RACandler

September 21 - angellegna29, krieck*

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn

Fifth Week:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA, ocbutterfly, david314

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy

September 30 - sourmissg, mrsbure

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

Some of you guys have been delinquent in posting. Please take the time to update us on your situation. We want to hear from you guys.

sarwenc

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey - good to hear from you again - hope you hear some good news soon.

wendyhart - good to hear from you again

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

MrsFitand42

Those who have crossed over to Bandland:

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

jshort - Jennifer from MO

Edited by Banded-Sept-2010

Hey everyone. So today is day one of my pre-op diet it's a sad and happy day but I have to be strong since this is for the better

Woo hoo! Congratulations and Good Luck! It is a bit sad but it will be sooo worth it in the long run! Just think.. This time next week we will be in the operating room! :biggrin::thumbup:

I started my pre-op on Saturday (3 days sooner then I was recommened) and its pretty good for the most part but yeah, its sad when I see commercials that have some tastey stuff! I saw pizza, fried chicken and tacos... Okay all 3 that are my favs. Uhhh what a killer.

But I survived and told my boyfriend that in 6 weeks from now I want pizza. So he said okay, it will be my first official meal... but then he asked what are we gonna order - just 1 small pie since Ill only be eating 1 small slice probably. How exciting. hahaa Im sure we'll still have to get a large since the guy can literally eat a large pie at one sitting on his own (i've seen it and hes skinny--- uhhhh i hate that).

My date for surgery has been moved to an unknown date in September. I'm hoping for the 3rd week in September so I don't have to pay for my pre-surgical testing again!

I have my seminar this Thursday so I should have a good idea when surgery will be and will report back later :biggrin:

jshort -- hope your surgery went just fine today.

BandedNellie -- Good luck tomorrow.

karmaandkismet -- Good luck tomorrow.

cece1967 - Good luck tomorrow.

NYsLegend78 -- Hang in there it does get easier as time goes by.

playermimi -- Jello is about the only thing that I can have that I chew.

sourmissg -- Any word on when you get to submit for approval?

matzobeans -- Congratulations on getting your surgery date and welcome to our family.

leeblewb -- Happy for you. Congratulations on getting your surgery date.

sunny day -- I bet you'll be able to go to the tailgate party without any problems. I am 4 days out from surgery and feel good, though I think I would kill someone if they hit my belly but other than that I'm good. I can't say about the food but I'm not tempted by food yet. So plan on going and having fun but guard your belly.

kydman -- Have a save drive to Nashville tomorrow and a great surgery date. Let us know how you are doing when you get a chance.

pooky032281 -- Just a little excited?? I was just like you, could not wait. Keep up the positive attitude.

krieck --Congratulations on your surgery date.

lillyegg -- I'm so glad you finally got good news, especially after your bomb shell you had a few weeks ago. Congratulations and what a relief.:biggrin:

Mandyrae -- Any word yet on your new surgery date? How did your EKG come out?

MrsFitand42 -- So sorry to hear your date has changed. If your date changed because of your doctor, then I would think you would NOT be expected to pay again for your pre-surgical testing. We're here when you need to vet.

Don't forget to take pictures of yourself (especially a close up) and write down your measurements.

I have a surgery date of September 8th, this is my third date. After getting the first one I had a gallbladder attack and had to have that removed and then about a month later went in for my lapband surgery but they found a small benigh tumor in the spot the band would have been placed. They removed the tumor and now finally a date...3rd times the charm.:biggrin:

Yep, Cathy, I am very excited! I hope everyone is having a great day, best wishes to those of you being banded tomorrow. You will be in my prayers!

T-minus 12 hours until us September Bandsters get our turns!!!! I am so excited not only for myself, but for each and every one of us! Hopefully we all can keep each other posted and be each other's cheerleaders through this journey!

I am starting my pre-op diet tomorrow (was gonna start yesterday, but I had some of my Grandmother's turkey and dressing waiting for me and couldn't miss that). I am doing the Sugar-Buster's diet and I am not too worried about it. I think the biggest thing is learning to cook more healthy for my entire family (all of which are skinny except me). They will learn to love it! I will always have the sugary stuff for them to snack on, and I am just gonna have to be strong.

I can do this...WE can do this! GOOD LUCK SEPTEMBER BANDSTERS, I am rooting for YOU!!!! :biggrin:

Hey Everyone.. sneaking in one last post before surgery tomorrow!! I got the call from admissions last night and am all set. We are dropping the kids off at friends house's tonight and then off we go. We decided to spend the night in a hotel close to the hospital since it is over an hour drive.. and I need to be there at the crack of dawn. Good thing is my hunger has given way to nervous butterflys!! Of course there is the nervous feeling of am I crazy.. will I be able to eat again.. What if I get a blockage.. What if I don't loose weight.. etc.. But I know that this is the RIGHT decision and all those fears are coming from a place of the unknown... meaning I will figure things out as I go along and that this is a tool to loose weight and that I still need to work at it. Crazy thing is at least I get six days off from work!! ha ha Have a great Labor Day Weekend Everyone!! Talk to you soon.. oh and pray this Hurricane Earl does not effect us.. ( I am in CT:w00t:)

Wow, I'm so excited for all of you who go in this week. I'm thinking about you and cheering you on.

Cathy you are amazing inspiration, I've already learned much from you. And I must say you are awesome at keeping all the names straight.

I'm on day 2 of my 2 protien shakes and 1 low cal meal. plus the Vitamins, I'm trying to eat all the big pills I bought a while back- I hate big pills so bad. I think the shakes I ordered will be here today, I hope they taste good, I can't wait to use rk's recipes. I did a mile today too but not yesterday, it's so hard to find the time but I really need to, at a minimum walk. I'm still nursing and in the morning, which is when I can walk, she is very clingy. I need to wean her but she's so attached. I feel I have a couple weeks I guess.

Anyway I had a fundraiser for a group I volunteer on, lots and lots of food, and I was just too busy to indulge, it wasn't hard in that situation but I wonder about family get together that are up close and personal.

I've been reading this great book called the instinct diet- super great recipes etc. I know that post op I won't be able to eat as much as she has there, but the meals are great and I feel if I stick to the Protein first, then veggies, then a few carbs if possible and use the recipes in there I'll be able to adapt it. Plus I'm going to take a book to Mexico with me called an end to over eating, I heard and interview with the guy on the radio and it sounds like a great book to help you think differently about eating, and all the multiple stimuli food available and oh so addictive. I'm hoping this book can help me with my head addictions.

Since I've never stuck with a diet I am worried about the pre diet, but so far so good, you guys are helping me stay on track, thanks- I'm using the My fit day web site to track my food which is pretty nice free food and activity tracker.

Well happy Tuesday all.

good luck tomorrow BandedNellie, karmaandkismet, cece1967

Sept 7th!!! Woooo hoooo

1Reign: Wow!, I hope everything goes well this time. I have you in my prays.

Emsbugbug: I'm rooting for you in the others that will be bandedland, between now and the weekend.

Talking about sweets that's one of my problems, DH loves to bake, and his first words would be, did you taste my cake, pie,cookies and his next words is boy I'm gaining weight. First I'm going to get me together then work on his. I'm working to eating more health also.

Best wish to the following people, tomorrow is your day. Hope you all have a fast recovery and be back with us soon. BandedNellie, Karmaandkisme, cece1967.

Cathy: No word from the insur I have a appointment with the Nutrition Consult

next Thursday. I think that's when the paper work will be submitted. I was told by them, paper work will not be submitted more then 30 days before surgery. I think I may call them today.

I got into a little trouble on 8/25/10 with my Dr. I gained 13lbs. since my first visit on 3/21/10, though I did stop smoking in that time, and allowed myself to give into all and every cravings. I had to start the liquid diet on 8/26/10 and my surgery is not until 9/23/10. Needless to say.....I am hungry....:biggrin:

BandedNellie, Karmanndkismet & cece1967: you will all be in my thoughts. Keep us updated when you are feeling better. :biggrin:

Cathy-Thanks for keeping this thread so organized. :thumbup:

Hi everyone, I am keeping you all in my prayers. I am calling the dr in the morning to see about rescheduling my surgery and submitting to my new insurance. I'm nervous -- but hopeful.

Everyone is so encouraging on this thread! Cathy - thanks for all you are doing for everyone on this tread.

Hope to have good news sometime soon, as soon as I know you will know.

take care and God bless. Wendy