Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Just banded 9/9/10 :thumbup:

Our Special Dates:

Today: September 20

RACandler, mytrice, Natalka, lbtss16, shellyh

THIS WEEK: Good luck too those of you having your surgery this week. Let us know when you get a chance how you are doing after your surgery. We will have you in our thoughts.

September 21 - angellegna29, krieck, wishful-thinking, ledgins, HAD_ENOUGH, Melissa4773

September 22 - ebonykisses, kittykat56, papoose, mom05, teach830, highlojack, Scarred4Life, Tsaleen, girlbanded

September 23 - emsbugbug, cicigirl, kierstyun2010, hocuspocus, mrsmontero12607, sarwenc, sourmissg, monicaleon18*, Kmommy

September 24 - ctrose, kmckinleyrn, South Dakota Girl, cocoabeanie03, hserra, donnasang

September 25 - candy Rain

NEXT WEEK:

September 27 - babyk, LisaA (leaving for Mexico on the 26th), ocbutterfly, david314, wendyhart, panna, Realtor (Mexico surgery)

September 28 - Zippy74, kosy2, ebeeze824, newbs, Marte80, Paigey, tk07, findingherself*

September 29 - wanna.b.healthy, Foxracing1201, chriper, Marte80, latin_starr, CSE*

September 30 - mrsbure, cndalbs, qtney1

*newest additions

I want everyone to be recognized for this journey, so please let me know if I overlooked you.

Those approved/self pay and waiting for dates:

TheLovelyMissJ

desperatelyw.loss

HeatherinCA

phershey

PitPat

bayareanan

Bugaboo77

88 have crossed over to Band Land:

1reign - from FL

ahlmanfamily - from MA

aliciaj - from PA

ally UK - from England

Angel82 - from MN

angelpix - from MN

AnnaOz - from Brisbane, Australia

bandalley - from Alberta Canada

BandedNellie - from CT

blondeej - from TX

Brian-LA - Brian from LA

Butterfly2010 - from NC

CalaCake - from PA

CdnBlondie - from FL

cece1967 -from CA

ConB113 - from FL

cortneyhughes - from TX

CSinTX - Cathy from TX

danide - Danielle from NY

debrarh - from GA

Desiree1972 - from GA

donna niemi - from FL

donnalys - from AL

drm1123 - from NY

Esin - from London, England

fldanny - Danny from FL

Freshstart2010 - Christi from CA

glitteryvampiregirl - Catherine from AL

gracerev - Pastor from GA

helgainaz - from AZ

ILUVFOOD - from NJ

jlr58 - from NJ

jmariedel - from VA

jshort - Jennifer from MO

matzobeans - from CA

melonie - from MO

KAS1971 - from MA

KimK813 - from AL

kimmila - from CA

kydman - from KY

Kysmith72 - from RI

LadyT39 - from FL

Lanah - from TX

lauravarley - from TX

lbtss16 - from

leeblewb - from VA

lemonchick - from TX

lillyegg - from NY

lovemysgt - from TX

Loyalfriend - from NC

Mandyrae - from TX

maxi2010 - Maxi from NY

missjoany - from NC

motherbear - from NH

MrsFitand42 - Tiffany from TN

msmith73 - from NH

mytrice - from FL

Nani4five - from MI

Natalka - from

neenee717 - from NC

NYsLegend78 - from NJ

Olsweetmusic - from FL

onceuponaband - Paige from OH

peggycas - from TX

piperboo - from AR

playermimi - from MA

pooky032281 - Erin from OK

purplevic -from FL

ready4change10 - from PA

RACandler - from

risenhour1 - from FL

rkwilliams1013 - Rebecca from GA

RN.Violet - from KY

Run Girl Run - from MO

sannersplace72 - Sandy from MD

SarahMarie123 - from WA

shellyh - Shelly from MA

shushuandanniesmom - Jamie from IL

spitfireleo - from MA

Stateofzen - Lyla from AL

stephanie1975 - from Victoria, Canada

stephanie24p - Stephanie from IL

sugarmoma - from IL

sunny day - from NY

swissnis - from IL

TheMaxwellFamily- from IN

vega1star - from MI

WAH.MOM - from WI

scarredforlife I love chocolate too! My doctor allowed up to three sugar free fudgicles a day. They certainly helped me get over the boring hump of liquids. Post surgery the tropical flavored sugarfree popsicles( only 5 calories) seemed to help with that heavy feeling under my breast bone. This procedure is not a cake walk but after about a week it gets much better! Hang in there!

:thumbup: I"M OFF TO THE HOSPITAL !! just got out of the shower and packed up my cpap.. all thats left is blow dry my hair and off we go.. ! I hope to see you all soon with details ! =) huggs and kisses till then ! HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!

xo

Good morning to all from NC. I am new to the site. I received my Lap Band Thurs 9/16/10. Its been a journey not knowing what to feel or expect. Been alot of gas and discomfort. But suprising to me I had a little emotional melt down where I wanted the band out night of surgery. I felt weird but was okay after given something for nausea and pain. Looking for friends to correspond with. I feel like im on an island right now. The support I had prior has wained. I think my parents are upset with me they didnt want me to do it- go figure when all of the adult women in immediate family are obese and have multiple helath problems.

Anyway, Im back at work today and we shall see how it goes:unsure:

Banded 9/14/2010. Still adjusting but getting better everyday. I found this site on Friday and thanks to everyone here it has answered so many of questions and made me feel so much better that I am not alone in this journey.

Good morning, ah Monday. I'm starting to fear the dreaded shoulder pain. i feel for you all.

Welcome Newbies. I can't remember everyone's name with all the reading I had to do, but

Neenee717 this is a good place for information and support. sorry your family isn't still being supportive.

My husband and I seem to be arguing, I don't know if it's all the changes or what. My weight loss has stood still at 8lbs, very frustrating, I think I'll switch to all liquids for this last week. The weaning seemed to cause some Water retention, but now it's like my metabolism has adapted to the lack of food. This is my fear after the band too. My body always seems to slow down to match my food intake.

Good morning to all from NC. I am new to the site. I received my LAP-BAND® Thurs 9/16/10. Its been a journey not knowing what to feel or expect. Been alot of gas and discomfort. But suprising to me I had a little emotional melt down where I wanted the band out night of surgery. I felt weird but was okay after given something for nausea and pain. Looking for friends to correspond with. I feel like im on an island right now. The support I had prior has wained. I think my parents are upset with me they didnt want me to do it- go figure when all of the adult women in immediate family are obese and have multiple helath problems.

You are not on an island on this forum....it has helped me a lot reading and posting so I encourage you to keep coming back here when you feel alone or frustrated as well as happy to share good news. You are going back to work already: hats up! I will start back to work tomorrow. I am also from Eastern NC!

Have a great day! :thumbup:

Ok so I copied this off of another board in case it's helpful.

Unjury

https://www.unjury.com/ssl/purchasing.php

Samples $1.75 each

Chike

http://www.chikenutrition.com/half-samples.html

Sample all 5 flavors for only $3 shipping

Netrition Protein Sampler Pack

http://www4.netrition.com/netrition_protein_sampler_pack.htm l

Includes samples of 14 different Proteins, including a New whey 42 g Protein bullet and Champion Nutrition Pure whey Stack. 17.99.

Nectar Syntrax

You can get a box of all 11 nectar protein flavors directly from Syntrax for $4.99 plus $5.99 for shipping. Contact Rick Davis Medical Sales Manager nectar@si03.com1-866-333-7403 ext. 803

Vitalady

http://www.vitalady.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&keywords=protsamp&SortK ey=sku&SortOrder=ascending

Tons of samples of lots of different protein products

Smart Forme Early Phase Bariatric Surgery Nutrition Starter Kit https://www.smartforme.net/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p =6

One carton each of chocolate and vanilla Ready-to-Drink shakes, chicken Bouillon Soup, Cream of Tomato Soup, Wildberry Cold Drink, Peach Mango Cold Drink, Orange Cold Drink, hot chocolate, Cappuccino, chocolate Pudding/Shake, vanilla Pudding/Shake and Apple Cinnamon oatmeal. $19.99.

Good morning, everyone!

Fresh from a visit with my primary doctor this morning. I have been declared "cured" of my hypertension. She took me OFF of my blood pressure medicine completely!!!! :thumbup:

It's a great feeling to say goodbye to one medication already.

I'm doing better emotionally, as well. I think I've gotten over the head hunger craziness of a few days ago and am handling it fairly well. I haven't lost any weight in the last several days but I haven't gained, either, so I'm calling that a MAJOR victory. The other piece is that I haven't taken my bp meds for a few days as a trial, and part of that is a diuretic, so I'm probably retaining Water. If that settles, I might actually lose a pound or two. I'm hanging in there!

Best to you all!

gracerev

LILLYEGG, i definitely feel for you, I told my boyfriend last nite that i also feel like a baby, but my shoulder pain is horrible and i have to go back to work tomorrow and it scares me.

I have also been loosing like 1lb a day since surgery..i know that feels good, but not sure if thats ok or not.

Does anyone else have any issues with being hungry on the clear liquid diet after surgery? im 6 days out now and tummy is growling. :thumbup:

scarredforlife I love chocolate too! My doctor allowed up to three sugar free fudgicles a day. They certainly helped me get over the boring hump of liquids. Post surgery the tropical flavored sugarfree popsicles( only 5 calories) seemed to help with that heavy feeling under my breast bone. This procedure is not a cake walk but after about a week it gets much better! Hang in there!

I am SO glad to hear that! I broke down last night and went to the store - it was either a sugar-free fudgecicle, or a raspberry-filled chocolate candy.. Yay, Fudgecicle!! I even split it with my son. That was exactly what I needed to take the edge off, and the kid enjoyed it too! :thumbup:

Good morning to all from NC. I am new to the site. I received my LAP-BAND®® Thurs 9/16/10. Its been a journey not knowing what to feel or expect. Been alot of gas and discomfort. But suprising to me I had a little emotional melt down where I wanted the band out night of surgery. I felt weird but was okay after given something for nausea and pain. Looking for friends to correspond with. I feel like im on an island right now. The support I had prior has wained. I think my parents are upset with me they didnt want me to do it- go figure when all of the adult women in immediate family are obese and have multiple helath problems.

you are my band twin how are u ? i was banded on 9/16 also and dont think i could go back to work today so you go girl:thumbup: i feel better everyday but im not at 100% yet maybe 75% lets keep in touch and encourage each other on our journey

Sorry to be such a downer last night. While the pain can get pretty bad, I would do this again. I am down 25. lbs!!! 18 on pre-op and 7 since surgery. My appetite is minimal and satisfied with 1/2 cup of pureed chicken noodle Soup.

Don't be scared if you haven't gone yet. Go in knowing that your shoulder may feel like someone is stabbing it with a hot poker. But also know that there are probably 50 other people on this thread just a post away with sympathy and advice. My two cents: invest in a heating pad; prepare to sleep sitting up; and enjoy!!

This is so worth it already. My friend, bless her heart, told me I look thin in a picture taken yesterday. 285 can hardly be considered thin, but I'll take it anyway!!

Hi guys, (and gals..lol)

I have jumped through the hoops of getting approval for surgery, tomorrow is my big day, and while I am so excited:thumbup:, I can't shake the idea out of my head that my surgeon will cancel my operation:cursing:. You see, I was supposed to lose 15 pounds pre-op, instead of loosing, initially I gained 6 pounds, and now I have lost those 6 pounds and 8 more for a total of 15 puunds but I am still 6 pounds over what the doctor requested:eek:. My question I guess is: Has anyone had surgery cancelled for not loosing their required weight? I have been trying to call the hospital to get some advice, but I guess it is too early in the morning and no one is picking up:bored:.