Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sudden loss of restriction

Guest BandedGal

Guest BandedGal

I am a long time poster, but felt uncomfortable post this under my real screen name. I just feel silly asking basic questions I guess.

I was banded in February this year, and have lost around 80lbs. I see my band doc every two monthss at this stage, for a weigh in, check up and chat.

At my last visit I had lost 12lbs. I have an appointment with my band doc in another two weeks, and have only lost 2lbs this time.

I have been exercising far more consistantly over the last 6 weeks (just walking, so not a lot of chance I have built muscle) and have been keeping my calories between 1200 - 1300 a day. And that has been a huge struggle. I have lost a lot of restriction.

I would not say it is totally gone, because sometimes I can feel it, but not very often. I feel it maybe once or twice over a week. I stop eating because I Know that I should be stopping now. But I find myself hungry. All the time.

I have a few theories about this.

A) I need a fill.

Part of my fill has evaporated (I have not had a fill in 4 months, I got to my sweet spot)

C) I have an errosion

D) My body is at where it wants to be at

E) I am a nut, and am reading far too much into this.

What do you all think? Please be honest. TIA.

Onestly, I think that because you have lost weight, AND BULK from all your excersizing, you have more room inside your tummy.

Because there is less pressure on your internal organs, there is less pressure on your band.

Because there is less pressure on your band, there is less pressure on your stomach.

Because there is less pressure on your stomach, there is less restriction.

You probably need a fill. (they don't evaporate, but you know that, silly bug.)

Guest BandedGal

Thank yo Vines & Glo. I am just a wee bit concerned. I dont know. I need coffee....

Something that does worry me if it is just need of a fill is, I am at about 3.4, in a 5ml band. So there is very little room to move.

Thank you (((hug)))

Well, if you have that much fill, maybe you should take a break. Some of our other long term bandsters have reported that they will have a complete unfill for a coulpe of months, and then WHAM!!! they get super restricted on just half of what they had before.

I might wait until AFTER the New Years to get that unfill though.

I don't mean to contradict Vines, but the fill does evaporate over a period of time. I know this because my doctor may give me a fill of say 2cc and when I go back, usually after 4 to 6 weeks, and he pulls out the Fluid, there's only 1.25cc. I realize that some of that fill remains in the band and cannot be removed, but not that much. My doctor even told me that it evaporates over time. That's all I know.

So after four months, you may very well be ready for a fill. If you're up to 3.4cc, realize that by now it may be done a considerable bit, so even if he gives you another fill he may only have to go to the 3.4cc, it was sufficient before and most likely will be again.

The fills seem to go up and down, one time you need more and another time you need less. That has happened to me several times. It's really bizarre how that works, but it's constantly changing.

As for an erosion, it doesn't really sound like what I have read of the people with erosions have described. They usually have terrible acid reflux for one and I can't think of the others, but I don't think that's a problem for you.

I hope you find what you need and can find peace in trusting in your body and your band.

Happy Holidays

Cindy

its not that it can evaporate.. there can be air bubbles as well.. and when you get a fill it seems like there is say "2.0cc" but really there is only 1.5cc because of the air...

Maybe Im full of air... but I know that there is a chance of air bubbles..... Thats just my idea of things...